• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BDSP Dynamaxing Thread

I don't see Dynamax happening here. Unlike with how XY handled the origins of Mega Evolution, Sword and Shield made it very clear Dynamaxing is a Galar region specific thing - culturally and geographically.

At most, I can see a designated area that conveniently happens to house a Power Spot, where a single Galarian representative comes and informs the player about the phenomenon in a contrived fashion (with a free Dynamax Band in hand). Thus, Dynamaxing and Gigantamaxing can only happen in this space.

In this instance the word "Faithful" is very vague and can refer to many different things.
I can see something like Megas brought back due to their popularity, but not Dmax/Gmax. These aren't the right games for Dmax and Gmax in my opinion. Those are big flashy mechanics meant to take advantage of the capabilities of the Switch--I believe one of the developers said something akin to this when asked about the mechanic during the pre-release. BDSP are very small in scale, just look at the battlefield in the battle with the Shinx in the trailer. They're really not meant for a game like this methinks.

Dynamax? You have to change many things of Sinnoh to have it and according to the trailer it does not seem like it.

Megaevolution is more plausible but uncertain.

With the artistic presentation of the game being more relaxed compared to SwSh and the games' seemingly taking a largely faithful turn in remaking the Sinnoh games according to the trailer and in stark contrast to ORAS, I doubt it.

As others pointed out, compared to Mega Evolutions; Dynamax lore indicates that it relies on awfully specific areas to even occur, which makes it nearly impossible to retcon into basically most other regions.

Last edited:
The only way that Dynamax would've been in this game is if it would've been an alternate universe Sinnoh (Similar to ORAS taking place in an AU Hoenn where Mega Evolution exists) where Eternaus flew over the region and left behind Wishing Stars allowing Dynamax to happen.

Shame too cause I liked Dynamax/Gigantamax and even Z-Move more than Mega Evolution because it's something all can do rather than just certain Pokemon.

It. Will. Be. There. I say this because it's the key feature of Gen VIII, and Mega Evolution was the key feature of Gen VI, and the remakes in that gen had it.

It. Will. Be. There. I say this because it's the key feature of Gen VIII, and Mega Evolution was the key feature of Gen VI, and the remakes in that gen had it.

Those remakes don't seem to be following Gen VIII though. I'd go for Legends: Arceus to be the one doing that.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom