• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

E3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard that nintendo UK tweeted a possible clue to dlc pack 3 for mario kart 8
it shows the n64 track kalamari desert, which was absent from 8 but was in 7, and said "good things come to those who wait" and hashtagged #mariokart8

I'm looking forward to seeing Sun/Moon stuff, also more of FFXV and KH3. And World of Final Fantasy, but I have a feeling it won't be shown since that E3 trailer just came out earlier this week for it. Also, if Sega doesn't finally show the anniversary Sonic game, I'm going to lose my mind, the suspense is absolutely killing me.

Long-shot E3 wishes:
Final Fantasy Tactics A3 (its been so long since A2... I'm dying without a new FFTA game)
An HD version of Valkyria Chronicles 2 and 3 on one disc together for PS4, then all three games would be on the same system finally and 3 would be localized
Devil May Cry 5 being announced
Dissidia Arcade getting an official PS4 trailer since we know its coming eventually, but it probably hasn't been in arcades long enough
Gundam Extreme VS. Maxi Boost console port... even though I'd rather import it than have to deal with the songlist being butchered for the localization
Animal Crossing for NX, please, it's been forever since City Folk and our last home console AC game...
more Super Mario amiibo line
a new home console Luigi's Mansion...? someday
a Paper Mario that will actually be good and please the longtime fans of the games

I have heard that nintendo UK tweeted a possible clue to dlc pack 3 for mario kart 8
it shows the n64 track kalamari desert, which was absent from 8 but was in 7, and said "good things come to those who wait" and hashtagged #mariokart8
That'd be a nice way to give the Wii U some stuff in the wait for the NX if its true. If they could add a proper Battle Mode along with it (more in the style of MKDS in particular, man I love the mode where you collect the Shine Sprites), that'd be awesome.

https://abload.de/img/timetable_e3v1b45.png

Here's a time table of the press conferences if anyone is wanting to watch but wasn't sure when. They start today with EA and Bethesda.

Can't wait for Dishonored 2 tonight at Bethesda's ;_; It's gonna be like Christmas ;_;

Speaking of Bethesda, was that a trailer for a new HD version of Skyrim?

Aside from the aesthetic tweaks, official mod support is obviously the biggest addition there.

Speaking of Bethesda, was that a trailer for a new HD version of Skyrim?

Aside from the aesthetic tweaks, official mod support is obviously the biggest addition there.

Yep. Honestly if it didn't have mod support I probably wouldn't be interested in buying it since the graphical changes aren't very impressive at all. But mods will change it significantly for me since I'm only a console gamer.

Though they did bring over the lighting from Fallout 4 which will make exploring Skyrim a bit more atmospheric. I hope they improved the faces slightly too, Skyrim was always a bit of an eyesore in that department...

Last edited:
Other than EA with sports game overload the conferences have been pretty good this year. The games Microsoft showed off actually made me interested in buying an Xbox. Although announcing 2 new consoles in the same conference was a bit weird. I don't know if I should let the XB1's price drop, wait for the XB1S or wait even longer for the Scorpio, they really confused me there.

Gwent announcement <3

They look like they've understood some of the balancing problems (spies were OP) and addressed them. GOTY material for me, I can't wait.

Dishonored 2 gameplay last night was fantastic too. Later in the year is going to be stacked for me!

So, the Nintendo press conference will be tomorrow at 6PM (my timezone). Who else can't wait for what could be Sun/Moon news?

Ubisoft's was ok. I wasn't blown away by anything they showed really. The most I got out of it was that I'm gonna preorder the new South Park game cause I get the first one for free, and new one looks funny and like a mix of Paper Mario and Tactical PRGs. Also Grow Up looks cool, I liked Grow Home and I'm glad it's getting a sequel. Not too thrilled about them eating so much time talking about the Assassins Creed movie. And they spend way too much time talking about the games after the trailers that it drags down the pace of the show.

I really enjoyed Sony's conference. These games in particular looked really cool to me.
God of War
Detroit Become Human
Last Guardian
Batman Arkham VR
Final Fantasy XV VR
Crash Bandicoot Remastered
Death Stranding
Horizon Zero Dawn

The game they did the demo for at the end ,Days End, was the only one I just really disliked.

I didn't catch all of it, but Sony's E3 was how all the shows should be. There's was almost no downtime at all. It was just games and that's all it needed to be.

...since [Skyrim's] graphical changes aren't very impressive at all.
I agree, Skyrim was already graphically impressive as it was and I couldn't really tell a difference until the latter half of the trailer when they pointed it out. And their first before/after footage showcasing different in-game weather conditions (midday/cloudy versus evening/clear) definitely did NOT help there.

Finally what I was expecting, The Last Guardian! I couldn't be happier. Those 3 minutes of trailer really got me. Can't wait!

Noone for Residen Evil 7?
Even if I lost interest in the saga I did watch the trailer and well.. while I did like it it felt off to me. It didn't give me that RE atmosphere, and not only because of the first person perspective of the VR but the general feel. I felt it more like a Silent Hill trailer (it remind me of Silent Hill 5)
But I am surprised/happy for it, looks promising and going back to survival horror rather than action focused.

I could really get up to date with the rest of the news but Sony, just yes.
Hoping for more today.

Sony's conference was fantastic and trumped all others. Lots of interesting games for sure. I think what has me most excited from them is Horizon Zero Dawn (I absolutely love all the different robot creatures) and God of War. Somehow I'm interested in the new God of War, I played 1 and 2 on the PS2 back in the day, but never played 3 due to not having a PS3. But the different camera angle, what it seems to be a bigger focus on story and also Norse mythology actually has me kiiiinda hyped for it.

Let's hope that Nintendo bring the goods with Pokemon and Legend of Zelda later today.

Holy shit Breath of the Wild looks fucking brilliant. It's like an easier Dark Souls with action game elements mixed in the combat. It really feels like they put a lot of effort in this and I'm so ready for this next Zelda game.

Well, I can see why they put all of their eggs into one basket for Breath of the Wild, it's unbelievable how large and detailed this game is you can see why it was delayed for 2 years and why they thought it could anchor their entire E3.

The Sun/Moon coverage was good too, but roughly what I expected.

I liked what I saw of Breath of the Wild. Definitely going to be getting it. =w=; Pretty interested in the Crash Bandicoot Remasters too, and maybe the new Resident Evil. I'll need to see more of the game to be sure.

I ended up missing a lot of the LoZ stuff. Hopefully somewhere uploads the full stream later so I can catch up. I saw bits of it and it definitely looked pretty good from what I saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom