• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

E3 conference reveals wealth of information: 3DS, Ranger 3 revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually kinda psyched for the Goldeneye remake. That was THE game back on the N64.

I'm actually kinda psyched for the Goldeneye remake. That was THE game back on the N64.

Indeed. That, combined with the Starfox 64 3D remake pretty much accounts for all of my split-screen multiplayer gaming in the mid 90s.

Has anyone actually seen the 3D tech in person? I know the 3DS is supposed to be using a 3D very similar to a type currently in use on some Japanese cell phones, but I've never heard anything about how good it looks. The option to turn down the 3D to prevent eye strain doesn't make it sound like something you'd want to look at for too long . . . .

I cant wait :3 They revealed so much exciting stuff yesterday! Im probably going to have to get a job next year so I can afford it xD
Im really excited about Pokepark, Ranger, Okamiden, Wii party and Final Fantasy :D
What an amazing line up of new games coming out :D
The end of this year and next is going to be awesome!

To sum this up in 1 word: sweet. The main things I'm looking forward to are the 3DS and the Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs (Pokemon Pinchers at least sounds better than Dim Sun).

Damn, Nintendo's onto some fine stuff this year. I'm a bit disappointed that Retro's been shunted off to working on Donkey Kong, and the co-existence of the analog stick and the d-pad on the 3DS looks quite clunky and awkward, but otherwise I like what I'm seeing. Shame there wasn't a greater showing in terms of Pokémon, but it's not like there normally is one.

I am surprised nobody tried to kidnap the model with the 3DS.

I like the red one.... it's as I would say, "pwettyfuls".:awww: The overall look of the 3DS is pretty cool, especially the little joystick on it... it'd definately make handheld racing games easier for me to play, as far as steering goes. I also really like how they give you the option of turning off the 3D effect, just in case it might get a little irritating to look at for certain games. I can't wait to see what games we'll be getting with this.

I am surprised nobody tried to kidnap the model with the 3DS.
I'm under the impression that the models were actually highly trained ninja assassins, why else would they send them into a crowd of rabid Nintendo fans with a 3DS?

I still can't think of how the 3D-thing would work/look like without 3D-glasses :l

I still can't think of how the 3D-thing would work/look like without 3D-glasses :l

Easy, instead of lame things popping out of your face like a bad 3D movie, I hear its like looking into a window and seeing an actual 3D world, which is what I really wanted it to be in the first place.

Basically, in some of the Iwata Asks segments about the 3DS, they talk about how 3D gaming made a few things a bit difficult due to lack of stereoscopic vision. One of the examples they used was flying through the rings in Starfox, while the one more relevant to me was jumping on the stomps in Mario. Considering how annoying that first world was on Mario 64 in terms of getting the star by getting Chomp to break the cage, I would agree with them on that count.

Basically, it adds to gaming what most people have in real life but not when staring at pictures, stereoscopic vision, so you can judge the distance between your game character and whatever thing its trying to jump onto, hit, run to and so on much better than you would if you were just relying on monocular depth cues such as shading.

Here's a nice read between monocular and binocular depth cues. If what I've heard is right, your basically having stereopsis added.

Hey, just because you can't understand how it would work doesn't mean they didn't do it, considering they actually had the entire conference hall play the 3DS to judge for themselves.

Easy, instead of lame things popping out of your face like a bad 3D movie, I hear its like looking into a window and seeing an actual 3D world, which is what I really wanted it to be in the first place.

Which is basically how good modern 3-D movies are made, as well. They'll use the occasional thing to pop out of the screen but, by and large, modern Digital 3-D (when it's used well) gives the screen depth rather than having stuff pop out at you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom