• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

E3 Nintendo Direct reveals masses of information: Fairy type, several new Pokémon, XY

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
E3 Nintendo Direct reveals masses of information: Fairy type, several new Pokémon, XY release date

The E3 Nintendo Direct has revealed a mass of new information about Pokémon X and Y. The Fairy type will be introduced as a new type that is super effective against Dragon, the new Pokémon Vivillon and Noivern have been revealed, and Pokémon X and Y have been given an October 12, 2013 release date.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: E3 Nintendo Direct reveals masses of information: Fairy type, several new Pokémon

Fairy-type is a larger travesty than Light-type could ever be.

Re: E3 Nintendo Direct reveals masses of information: Fairy type, several new Pokémon

I could think of many types I'd rather have than "Fairy-type"

Interesting......

I'm a bit surprised that they said Jigglypuff is part Fairy type, but not Cle'fairy'.

Yes using an ingame term that makes sense is a travesty but making up a type based on nothing but "thereiz dark type so duuuur we nid ligth type!" is not.

While I'm interested in the Fairy-type stuff, especially since it alters my lovable Gardevoir, it's that bat-like wyvern Noivern that really interests me. It looks so cool, and it's interesting to note that the Flying-type will be the primary type. Sure, it'll have the usual 4x weakness to Ice, but it still looks like an awesome Pokemon. Now I'm gonna have a hard time deciding which Dragon-type is my favorite: Garchomp or Noivern. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what it learns. But either way, Gen VI is shaping up quite nicely.

Yes using an ingame term that makes sense is a travesty but making up a type based on nothing but "thereiz dark type so duuuur we nid ligth type!" is not.

This. Also, it's been explained to death that the Dark-type is more based on "playing dirty" rather than actual darkness. And while I wasn't really too welcoming of the idea of a Fairy-type when it was first talked about, it's grown on me a lot, and I kind of like the idea now. I think this new type will be able to introduce a lot more interesting ideas to Pokemon than a Light-type could. Think about it: a broad array of creatures based on different mythos (gremlins, elves, nymphs, etc.) or Pokemon based on light? Which one sounds more promising?

Haters be hatin', as expected whenever something changes in the series.
Remember back in the days when additions, changes and improvements used to be an awesome thing to look forward to?

I am glad they added a new type, regardless of all the haters complaining about it. As for the choice Fairy, I would have called it Magic, but Fairy works too.

P.S. "Fairy" should be spelled "Faerie".

P.S. "Fairy" should be spelled "Faerie".

But it's "Fairy" in the trailer. xP

I like that spelling better anyway.

I'm still reading it at the moment, but my biggest WTF was when I saw Gardevior and Marill being retyped. Gardevior I can kind of understand, but why the hell Marill? Azumarill doesn't resemble a fairy in the slightest.

In general, I'm unhappy with the retypings. I was hoping there wouldn't be any... Can't be helped though.

I know, but the "proper" spelling of it is Faerie.

Don't ask me how I know that.

It's just the British spelling. Not the proper one. America spells it differently, deal with it.

Why do you think it's the British way? I didn't know that, and I'm the one who said it!

Because British English spells a lot of words differently than American English. lol

Look, my main point was: I wish it were the Magic type. But then again, I suppose it still is.

P.S. Is it just me, or are we both arguing about different topics on different threads at the same time?

In German Vivillon is Vivillon and Noivern is UHaFnir

WTF is with that weird capitalization?

I'm a bit surprised that they said Jigglypuff is part Fairy type, but not Cle'fairy'.
Neither did they say whether Clefairy is not Fairy-type.

It's just the British spelling. Not the proper one. America spells it differently, deal with it.

It's neither the "proper" nor the British spelling. It's the old Anglo-French spelling, now largely superseded by "fairy". In modern usage, "faerie" is sometimes used as a synonym for "fairy" - mostly, I suspect, because it looks cooler with its archaic spelling. There are subtle differences between the two uses, with "faerie" typically referring to the more folklorish, fantastical depictions, though this could be nothing more than the fact that fantasy authors like to show off a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom