• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

E3 winds down for another year: Wii U promoted but no release date given

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
E3 winds down for another year: Wii U promoted but no release date given

The three-day Electronics Entertainment Expo (E3) has concluded in Los Angeles. Nintendo's new console, the Wii U, was for many a high point of the event.

Read more on Bulbanews

This article forgot to mention Pikmin 3 as a Wii U title and how BW2 was briefly mentioned in the 3DS conference. A shame that now that we finally got a new Pikmin game after 8 years, and it gets neglected by accident (looking at you, "Pokemon BW2 at E3" thread).

@Pyroclastic Friend;
The top comment to the video

"In my day:
Pokemon took place in the Johto region
Your hometown was Pallet Town
The three starters were: Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur
The legendary Pokemon were Mew and Mewtwo
Everyones favorite Pokemon was Pikachu
Gary was your nemesis
There were only 151 Pokemon
Pokemon didn't suck
WTF happened...?"
>Johto region
>Pallet Town
> Charmander, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur
>legendary Pokemon Mew and Mewtwo
Clearly the haters don't know what they're talking about.

Indeed, those idiots aren't really Pokemon fans at all, just trend-followers who can't admit how much better the series has become since their heydays. :/ Though sometimes I do with the vocal minority would shut the hell up.

Every time someone says "There are no more than 151 Pokemon", my childhood dies more and more, I fist became a Pokemon fan in 2002, and my first Pokemon game was Ruby.

If there is one type of Pokemon fan that makes me angry, it's OLD-SCHOOL Pokemon fans, those who WORSHIP Gen 1 and bash on everything after, they are nostalgia freaks who refuse change to the franchise, yet you don't see any Mario, Zelda, or Kirby fans complain about the newer games of their respective franchises, yet Pokemon fans do, I fail to understand old-school fans logic, sure BW1 had NO old Pokemon from previous gens and only new Pokemon (adding older gen Pokemon to the BW2 dex was probably for the better), but old-school Pokemon fans take Nintendo's use of newer Pokemon over older Pokemon too far, I mean, I LOVE it when they use older Pokemon with newer Pokemon together, but I like it to be balanced with new Pokemon being focused on the same amount as older Pokemon, rather than more focus on the newer Pokemon than the older ones, or vice versa, I like it 50/50. Of course, EVERY generation, there's always Pokemon we like and Pokemon we hate, old-school fans just simply hate everything new, Pokemon has to be the worst example of nostalgia filter abuse in the fandom.

Look people, if they didn't add more Pokemon after the first 151, the FRANCHISE WOULDN'T STILL BE GOING ON TODAY!!! If they never realesed a new generation of Pokemon, we would eventually be sick and tired of the 1st generation. People would complain no matter what, but NOTHING satisfies the Gen 2-5 haters! I hate to admit, but the Pokemon fandom is probably more broken up than the Transformers one, which is just as bad with the "Generation 1 is superior and everything else sucks!"

I wonder when they'll reveal the price for the Wii U? They said it'll be cheaper than $300, so I'm guessing that it'll be at the same price as what the original NES was worth. I'm not sure if I should buy Arkam City since my brother already bought the 360 version.

I hope the WiiU isn't neglected as much as the Wii was, Pokemon-game wise.

Their WiiU philosophy of alone-together would fit well with their fandom. Pokemon is a franchise that emphasizes communication with other players, yet Game Freak tries to emphasize this with handheld games. Sure, handhelds let us roam around, but how many other fans are we going to casually meet (and want to talk to) on the street? There's a growing trend in the franchise, especially with the Unova games to emphasize Pokemon's global presence. However, such a global presence can't be felt exclusively by making a system portable. What impressed me the most was Nintendo's support for better online gaming for the WiiU. If Game Freak wants their gamers to feel the global presence of their fandom, then they should seriously consider supporting the WiiU. While I don't think the main series should shift to home consoles, I still think that we should get a console RPG (Game Freak made or not) with the same quality as the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom