• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Early picks for your US/UM team?

zoroarctic

Reaction score
It's only been 24 hours, but I'm sure some of us have already started planning our teams. Right now I have just 2 spots locked down.

1. Litten (Went with Rowlett in Sun the first time, Popplio on the replay).

2. Eevee (I like to use it whenever it's available. Not sure which evolution I'll pick, but it won't be Flareon or Umbreon)

How about you?

Just like previous playthroughs, I'll pick Pokemon I have never used before, and those introduced in the current Gen (excluding Alola Forms, probably). This includes Decidueye.

It's hard to say when we know so little of the games. I'm pretty sure that I'll pick Litten in Ultra Sun and Popplio in Ultra Moon. I raised both Popplio and Rowlet in Sun and Moon respectively, but I haven't raised a Litten yet. Popplio is my favorite out of the three starters, so raising another one sounds like a lot of fun.

Out of the current Alola forms, I may try to raise a Cubone, Grimer or Meowth. Cubone to get an Alola Marowak has the best chance to end up on my Ultra Moon team, but that really depends on how many other Alola forms could be introduced and if they're appealing to me. Depending on older Pokemon being available, I may try to raise a Skrelp or raise an Eevee into a Leafeon. I've always wanted to try out both Pokemon and never got a chance. Those are just possibilities right now, but the only guarantees right now are Litten and Popplio as my two starters.

I'll probably go with Litten for one of the games since I used Rowlet in moon and plan on using Popplio in Sun. Maybe use Rowllet again for the other.

Other than that...don't know. Maybe Meowth rather than Grimer this time?

Based on what we know so far...
Decidueye
Salazzle
Vikavolt
Wishiwashi
Zygarde
Ultra Solgaleo(Is it called the Ultra Forms?)

I think I'd have Primarina again, I really really love Primarina. Definitely my fav gen7 Pokemon.
Other than that, I'd have some Eeveelutions depending on other Pokemon available in Alola.

Idk yet. That line about new Pokemon still has my interest peaked. Even if these 'new Pokemon' are nothing other than form changes, I'm still going to wait to see the full roster before I start planning a team.

In both Sun and Moon I tried to use ONLY new Pokemon, or new forms of Pokemon (Alolan forms), so I think this time I'll mix it up and use some old favorites. The only starter I didn't use was Decidueye, used Primarina in Sun and Torracat in Moon, I can't stand Incineroar but since there's two new games I MIGHT try using Incineroar and Decidueye if I end up getting both, since I won't be repeating anything that way.

Last time around I picked my team before I even started the game, this time around I want to experiment. The only one I have a relatively good idea of is my starter. I think I'll go with Rowlet to start it out. I did Litten for my first run-through on Sun, and Popplio for my first time on Moon. I did restart Moon again, after transferring my Pokemon over to Sun, and I started with Rowlet there too, but I barely got anywhere in it, just making it to Hau'oli City. So I think I'm going to restart on that file, and pick one of the other starters, and wait to use Rowlet in this new game.

I'll probably be doing a loose nuzlock on UM when I play it so I'll probably get whatever I'm rolled (leaning more towards alola-introduce pokemon over old pokemon though).

I'll be picking Litten though so I know that for certain.

I had my general picks for my next Alola play through picked out months ago lol What I got for now is

Decidueye
A Raichu
Araquanid
A Marowak
Bewear
A Sandslash

I'm thinking now that I may swap out Raichu since I've already used a Pikachu in Yellow and Don't need another in any capacity lol Might swap it for the A Geodude line.
This team however depends heavily on the idea that we WON'T be getting any new Alolan forms. If we do then the entire team could possibly be reconstructed lol

I usually try to use things I haven't used before. I'll start with Rowlet in this new one, but that's all I really know.

Also considering just avoiding having to decide for myself and doing a nuzlocke. Although, I don't really do nuzlockes the first time through a game, so maybe I'll do like a pseudo-nuzlocke? Like a wimpier version, where I still have the catch restriction but things don't have to die. Idk. It's up in the air.

Haven't thought it out yet, as the info came rather sudden. What I do know is that I'll be getting both, so I can experiment and trade with myself, as always. Especially if these "new Pokemon" are actual "new Pokemon", like what Platinum did (sure, ones like Magmortar and Rhyperior were in DP, but not until post-game, so I don't generally count that). If that is the case, then I'll have a lot to test and theorize. The only thing I'm certain about is my starter: Litten for one and Poppilo for the other. I tried Rowlet in a spare game, but it didn't quite fit my style, plus options for it are limited until later on. However, I was very impressed with Litten's and Poppilo's families, so they'll be my starting point. But, once again, I'll only do a pure run, as in no previous gen Mons. That also includes Alolan Forms, as they were, as I had expected, Kanto-only Mons, so they are no-goes. But we shall see what these games have in store for us. Hopefully there will be some new Mons coming around, which will make things interesting.

It's too early to be talking about this since we have NO idea what will be in the games, the only thing I'm sure about is that I will be boxing the starter like I did in BW2 (I already used all three in Sun Moon) and will use only mons I've never used before, that is a rule I have to use completely new mons for me in each new game, and I plan to continue like that.

Anything I find on the way that I haven't used yet on my two Sun playthroughs. Which means, Litten is my starter, and everything else is unknown.

I'm going to go with what I haven't used in my Moon version.

I'll probably choose Popplio for my starter, Alolan Marowak, and Toucannon. The rest is unknown.

I'm going to add Alolan Raichu. Never enough Raichu.

I've used Alola forms, Pikachu, Toucannon, and the regional starts extensively. I may branch out and try out Bewear or Passimian. Mimikyu is just too much of a powerhouse that the game is too easy when I use it.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom