• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Early picks for your US/UM team?

I have already used a lot of Pokemon for my Moon playthrough (16 different Pokemon to even the odds at the difficulty), so it will be difficult to find the Pokemon that I want to use in the Ultra playthrough, unless they added enough new. What I am planning to do is to, if I could, use Pokemon with their Hidden Abilities because I have never done that before.

Thanks for reading.

Popplio - Brionne - Primarina
Grubbin - Charjubug - Vikavolt
Salandit - Salazzle
Bounsweet - Steene - Tsareena
Mimikyu
Jangmo-o - Hakamo-o - Kommo-o

This is my team this time around but if a new interesting alolan form appears im all in for change

this is a really tough question to answer without knowing what new alolan variants there will be, and what mons will be in the dex. As far as sun and moon's alola dex goes, I think now is a good time to use sableye again, I've only used it once before in a main series game playthrough (I used it once in XD too). Things like bewear, gumshoos, and shiinotic would not be bad ideas either.

Last edited:
Well, I used Rowlet in Sun and Litten in Moon. I was originally planning on moving onto Popplio for the next game, but we will see what new stuff is in store. I'm a much bigger fan of Incineroar and Decidueye than Primarina.

If I don't use Decidueye, or Primarina, I could see myself maybe using Trevenant or Mimikyu, respectively. Hoping they have more Alola forms.

Perhaps I may use Mimikyu and Incineroar. Maybe Lycanroc if they give it a new form or improve the midnight form. Only time will tell. I expect a solid Alola Dex expansion.

Last edited:
Uh... well, I think I'll choose Popplio again. Can't get enough of that pretty mermaid. And I don't really want to tolerate Decidueye's previous forms which I dislike. Other than that, a Lycanroc... and maybe Vikavolt if I can actually evolve it earlier. Perhaps Turtanator as well, if I'm really pressed for options. And... that's kind of it. I wasn't really too fond of Alola's selection. Hopefully, they'll introduce some new Alolan forms that actually look good.

I made a deliberate choice of trying to get every gen VII in rotation so it's a tough choice didn't wind up doing it but I definitely over rotated. Maybe more Alola forms.

I'm going to choose Rowlet as my starter (since I had both Litten and Popplio on my main team in Sun).
The rest of my team will be made up of; Bewear, Toxapex, Mudsdale, Turtonator, and Alolan Ninetales.

I will start with Popplio again and I think I will get myself an Alolan Raichu too.
I will put an Eevee but I dunno into what I will evolve it.

Going to choose Litten because I trained Popplio and Rowlet on my two playthroughs of Moon.

Golisopod and maybe Pyukumuku are going to be on my team, as I never got to train them before either. Same for Alolan Persian, Sensu style Oricorio and Bewear, but those three might be replaced by whatever new comes along in USUM.

I tried using a Golisopod, but I just could not cope with its ridiculous ability. Sure, maybe it has some minor uses in competitive play (according to some), but it is the most annoying shit in-game.

I used Golisopod in my SM team and it was fine. It's bulky enough where it isn't getting knocked into Emergency Exit in one hit and strong enough where it can deal big damage back. Leech Life keeps it healthy and First Impression hits first and hits hard too. I'm not saying Emergency Exit never activated, but it wasn't a big deal the times it did and wasn't ever enough of a problem to where I wanted to drop it.

Then again, I also used Pyukumuku on the same team, so maybe I'm just more forgiving with what I'm willing to use.

Then again, I also used Pyukumuku on the same team, so maybe I'm just more forgiving with what I'm willing to use.

That answers everything XD glad it worked out though, I have less patience lol.

Right now I'm thinking Incineroar, Alola Golem, Musdale, Golisopod, Metagross, and Whimsicott. Kind of hoping for a new Fairy type Alola form to swap in for Whimsicott, and maybe some other Poison or Steel type Alola form to swap in for Metagross.

I really hope they expand the Pokedex a good deal. It would be nice if they added at least 30-40 Pokémon from past gens into the Dex. Hell, maybe even 100. In my two Alola playthroughs, I've used most of the Pokémon I'm seriously interested in, I think.

Any new Pokemon I wanted to use in my previous playthrough but didn't get to. This includes Decidueye, Salazzle, Mudsdale, Araquanid/Golisopod and Kommo-o. Of course my final team will also depend on any new additions.

I know they'll expand the Alola Pokedex, but I hope they bring back the National Pokedex, because getting pokemon from bank is kinda boring, I rather obtain pokemon in the game, not outside the game.

I'm not sure actually, I really want to know if they expand the regional dex first, would love to see some more gen IV and V mons for example, cause there's a lot of them I haven't used before. The current regional dex just doesn't have much choices for me, cause I either don't like the mons or I've already used them before.

If no or little changes happen, then I will probably go with the bird team I was planning to use during a replay of SuMo, which would be:
  • Decidueye
  • Toucannon
  • Oricorio (changing its form to the fitting one on each island)
  • Delibird
  • Honchcrow
  • Skarmory

Sun:
Primarina
A-Ninetales
Leafeon
Arcanine
A-Raichu
Garchomp

Moon:
Decidueye
A-Sandslash
Vapareon
Arcanine
A-Raichu
Garchomp

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom