• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Early shipment! Fifth generation begins with a roar!: Pokémon Black and White preorde

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Early shipment! Fifth generation begins with a roar!: Pokémon Black and White pre

All of these new Pokemon look, well, unusual. Their designs seem to be the most different of any so far.

Please note, I'm NOT complaining. I'm not a Gen 1 fanboy "THERE'S ONLY 150 POKEMANZZZ!!!" kind of person.

Honestly, I'm pretty open minded when it comes to designs. The designs evolve over the franchise, which is why I find it unlikely they'll "run out of ideas" at any time. All of the designs are really cool in their own way, and my opinion of what can look good is pretty diverse. I don't think I have a Pokemon I HATE because of the design.

But, about this Gen of Pokemon:

Designing initiative: 10/10
Excellent initiative and creativity. These designs really show they were thinking outside the box!

Designs themselves: 7.5/10
Great! Will hook me in for another Gen!

Chances of a person saying "THESE ARE THE WORST EVA!! THE LOOK LIKE DIGIMON!": 100%
Because there's ALWAYS that type of person.

Last edited:
Re: Early shipment! Fifth generation begins with a roar!: Pokémon Black and White pre

No platypus? WAAAA! Anyways AWESOME!
EDIT: WAIT BEL IS THE CHAMPION? And how can you fit cynthia and looker into the games?

People were right!
Tsutarja would lose two legs, Pokabu would stand up, Mijumaru would crawl with four legs!
but...
GF should stop making those Blaziken clones (or at least what it seems to be).
OK, Blaziken was awesome. It was unique apart from its preevolution in its typing.
Then came Infernape. NOT original.
Now... what? WE GETZ OSM ENBUO FIRE FIGHTING TYPE!!! ...again. OK, maybe this one's different. It's five times as heavy as the first two Fire/Fighting starter final evos.

People were right!
Tsutarja would lose two legs, Pokabu would stand up, Mijumaru would crawl with four legs!
but...
GF should stop making those Blaziken clones (or at least what it seems to be).
OK, Blaziken was awesome. It was unique apart from its preevolution in its typing.
Then came Infernape. NOT original.
Now... what? WE GETZ OSM ENBUO FIRE FIGHTING TYPE!!! ...again. OK, maybe this one's different. It's five times as heavy as the first two Fire/Fighting starter final evos.

Personally, I don't see why they even made it Fighting type. It could just as easily have been plain Fire. None of the other evos are duel types, and the repetition could've easily been avoided.

Also, am I the only one who lol'd at Chilarmii's evo? IT'S ADORABLE!

Personally, I don't see why they even made it Fighting type. It could just as easily have been plain Fire.

It also looks like it could have been Dark-type instead of Fighting-type.

It also looks like it could have been Dark-type instead of Fighting-type.

Then there would be more Ganon jokes than the internet can handle.

In all honesty, though, it definitely would have made a good Fire/Dark.

they should have done this for the starters:

grass/psychic
fire/dark
water/fighting

in fact they should just recall the games & do that

amazing so many monsters. this is going to be good

grass/psychic
fire/dark
water/fighting

Psychic/Dark/Fighting is not a proper type triangle. If the starters had those types, people who picked Tsutarja would be at a disadvantage, as Psychic is ineffective against Dark instead of not very effective.

The only feasable secondary type triangle that without duplicate types is Fighting/Flying/Rock, which would make no sense with the current starters.

grass/psychic
fire/dark
water/fighting

I was thinking the same for the water starter. I'm really dissapointed that the awesome middle stage wasn't capitalised on and we instead get a bizarre sea lion/otter mash up on all fours. Even so it's the only final form of the starters that I even like a little bit, and that's still not much.

I would have hoped for the other two final forms to be Grass/dragon and pure Fire (since Typhlosion is the only final form that is pure fire wheras grass and water have two across the gens), with the final form being a wild boar, not a bipedal...thing.

grass/psychic
fire/dark
water/fighting

I was thinking the same for the water starter. I'm really dissapointed that the awesome middle stage wasn't capitalised on and we instead get a bizarre sea lion/otter mash up on all fours. Even so it's the only final form of the starters that I even like a little bit, and that's still not much.

I would have hoped for the other two final forms to be Grass/Dragon and pure Fire (since Typhlosion is the only final form that is pure fire wheras grass and water have two across the gens), with the final form being a wild boar, not a bipedal...thing.

In my opinion, they should have went with Pure Grass / Pure Fire / Pure Water.

Psychic/Dark/Fighting is not a proper type triangle. If the starters had those types, people who picked Tsutarja would be at a disadvantage, as Psychic is ineffective against Dark instead of not very effective.

The only feasable secondary type triangle that without duplicate types is Fighting/Flying/Rock, which would make no sense with the current starters.

it doesn't need to be a "proper type triangle" to be feasible that's what grass/water/fire does - is ground/steel/fighting a "proper type triangle" then? nope

Then there would be more Ganon jokes than the internet can handle.

In all honesty, though, it definitely would have made a good Fire/Dark.

I would rather it have looked like ganon than like a sumo wreslter.

why dont the others have secondary types thats silly. they should all have them or none have them

Last edited:

Pokabu's Final Evolution: Like Magmortar, only it sucks less. That doesn't really help me with my "Pokabu or Mijumaru?" dilemma, but I'm just happy that I like the designs enough to have this problem.

it doesn't need to be a "proper type triangle" to be feasible that's what grass/water/fire does - is ground/steel/fighting a "proper type triangle" then? nope

Actually, that one doesn't even work one way - both Ground and Fighting are 2x against Steel.

Also, it looks like the files are 256 MB this time around.

Last edited:

Dammit! I was really hoping for tsutarja to evolve into a grass/dragon type! Or at least have a secondary type! X( And Im still disappointed that they didn't come up with some new/underused type combinations for the starter evolutions! (fire/fighting starter evo THREE gens in a row!?)

Oh well, all of the many new type combinations for the other pokemon kind of make up for it, and I just took I quick look down on them all; from what I saw they're all brilliant!

Hey guys, just an FYI. I updated the news article with a complete table of all the Gen V Pokemon and cool info in there such as base stats.

In the opening sequence is it just me or is N being crowned king of team plazma?

Hey guys, just an FYI. I updated the news article with a complete table of all the Gen V Pokemon and cool info in there such as base stats.

Nice. Awesome job. This makes it easier. Any chance we can get the new TM list soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom