• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Earthquake delays international Global Link launch: Nintendo cites "need to conserve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Earthquake delays international Global Link launch: Nintendo cites "need to conse

This is a shame really, I was looking forward to Dream World a lot. It's understandable though. Japan can take as long as they want to recover before they setup their servers, it's fine by me.

Honestly, the most annoying part is that they hid the announcement of the delay so well. It was really only chance that I stumbled across it, and no one else seems to have noticed it before me...

Hopefully it's not too long. I can't bring myself to use berries since I won't be able to grow replacements...

Actually, I was looking into Dream World a while back and went on the main site to check it's progress. I was then met with the same notice as you did. I didn't think that it was 'new' news, so I ignored it, thinking that the rest of the world knew of this already.

So sorry that I didn't report this sooner, the notice WAS as you said 'hidden'. Good thing you did point it out, though, because I would've just forgotten about it.

Re: Earthquake delays international Global Link launch: Nintendo cites "need to conse

They WILL be back. Good god you people are being ridiculous doomsayers. The power problems are being resolved. The rolling blackouts are set to end at the end of next month. Nintendo are just doing their part to help out. Things aren't going to be gone forever or delayed forever.

Here I thought I was the cynic, but wow.

the finaly fantasy servers are also online so maybe the delay will not be that long.

Guess I can say goodbye to Dream World forever, the way things keep getting worse over there.
But it's an acceptable loss for that reason.

It won't be permanent; they need time to recover, after all. And they did say they'd let us know when things settle down. :peace:

The GTS is still working, I've only checked and I'm still able to trade to and from Japan.

It's not that bad. It'll probably only be delayed till late April-early May. But I'll be PISSSSED if it's all the way to June. Highly unlikely though.

Well, that's a shame. I hope everyone in Japan's holding up well. But if I had to estimate, I'd say the launch could be held up until Summer.

This is inconvenient. I was waiting for this. I guess I'll just play with the 3DS I'll get on Sunday 'til the servers are up.
Honestly though, wouldn't it be a good idea to locate some servers outside of Japan?

In the meantime, I'll start over in HeartGold and try to get all the way to beating Red without using Action Replay DS.

Well I really wanted to get more berries and have pokemon with cool abilities in my White Version but it has to wait, argh hopefully it'll be better around April Vacation

Meh, I can wait.
More important things at hand.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom