• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Easiest Legendary Captures?

John Understands

Somalian Anarchy Leader!
Reaction score
Legendaries were very hard to catch, especially after Gen II. Sometimes, however, we got lucky and caught them in the first few balls.

What would be your easiest (shortest amount of time) capture of a Legendary Pokémon?

One I could mention is the capture of Ho-oh in HeartGold after 5 Dusk Balls. And Reshiram and Zekrom.

EDIT: So many things about Reshiram and Zekrom. If you do a little research about them (and Dialga and Palkia), you know that their catch rate is 45, I believe, not 3. Dialga and Palkia's is the same as Chatot.

If you want more information about catch rates, go here. Anything that has a catch rate of 3 (excluding Beldum, Metang, and Metagross) you can choose from. Remember, no Dialga, Palkia, Reshiram, Zekrom, Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Shaymin, and Victini.

Last edited:
On Black I caught all three of the muskedeers and reshiram with 2 Ultra Balls each.

In statistics terms, they all have a 0.3% catch rate at full health

But personally I have caught a kyogre with one great ball (threw about 3 ultra balls first)

I caught a giratina one my first attempt with an ultra ball.

My easiest legendary capture was a Kyogre on my pokemon Heart Gold game. I had it's HP down to half and I caught it with a Pokeball.

I know it isn't usually such an easy catch, but I caught Rayquaza on my first try with an Ultra Ball. Otherwise I don't really remember any, though I recall Moltres usually being an easy catch.

Zekrom. Threw a Quick Ball on the 1st turn, caught it. Not much harder with Reshiram, I got it on a Dusk Ball somewhere around half HP I think.

Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina in Platinum (Ultra Balls), Reshiram, Zekrom, and Terrakion in Black/White (Ultra Balls on the first two, and a 1-2 Dusk Balls on the last one).

I catch all my legendaries with standard Poké Balls. Reshiram was the easiest. I just had to use three Poké Balls. Virizion and Articuno were the hardest because they took me more than 30 Poké Balls each. Kyogre was a pain in the butt because it would recover itself with Aqua Ring... I don't even remember how many Poké Balls I had to use to catch it.

Oh yes, and Ho-Oh, which made me restart the battle more than two times because it would run out of moves and would Struggle to death every time.

I caught Palkia with a Quick Ball on the first try in Platinum and I guess Reshiram/Zekrom is supposed to be easiest catch statistically, though it took me a couple of Ultra Balls to catch it (Reshiram).

Shaymin in Pokemon Diamond. I caught it with a Quick Ball on the first turn.

Reshiram with a Quick Ball and a Dusk Ball. It only took two tries, and I bought 100 Ultra Balls just for him... :(

Lugia with 4 Heavy Balls. But I don't really mind because I had a hard fight against Lugia anyways.

Cobalion. I only chipped a way a very small portion of it's health. It was my second or third pokeball after a quickball failed.

Thundurus, half health from a previous encounter and the first pokeball I lobbed at it after I didn't want to accidentally KO it. I wasn't expecting it to be caught so easily.

I managed to catch Terrakion on the first try with a Dusk Ball.

quick ball in the first turn for Zekrom, that stupid dragon didn´t let me hear the music.

Please note: The thread is from 6 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom