• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Easiest Legendary Captures?

If we're not talking masterball kind of easy, I would have to say Zapdos was always easy for me to catch. Playing the generation one games, it would always be the first legendary I would catch and the first legendary that would be in my party. Reshiram was also pretty easy to catch. Zapdos never took more than two or three greatballs for me to capture. It only took me a couple of ultraballs to catch Reshiram as well.

I caught my Dialga without even weakening it. And in a regular Pokeball to boot! I never have that kind of luck. (even though its catch rate matched Chatot's, it was still pretty cool.)

Reshiram appeared!
Go DrillSlash! (excadrill)
DrillSlash used Dig!
(one turn later)
DrillSlash unleashed dig!
It's super effective!
Black threw an ultra ball! ( i like naming stuff after the comics)
RESHIRAM WAS CAUGHT! Wut?
And i was like lol. People tell me reshiram is so hard to capture blah blah blah....

Reshiram and Zekrom has a higher catch rate (45) than normal endgame legendaries, like Mewtwo (3). That's why you caught it so easily.

Reshiram appeared!
Go DrillSlash! (excadrill)
DrillSlash used Dig!
(one turn later)
DrillSlash unleashed dig!
It's super effective!
Black threw an ultra ball! ( i like naming stuff after the comics)
RESHIRAM WAS CAUGHT! Wut?
And i was like lol. People tell me reshiram is so hard to capture blah blah blah....

Reshiram and Zekrom has a higher catch rate (45) than normal endgame legendaries, like Mewtwo (3). That's why you caught it so easily.
Really? Maybe those people who say they are hard to catch are crazy. :p

Once I caught a Lugia with a regular pokeball but I forgot how many tries it took. And once I caught a Suicune, Entei or Raikou (can't remember which one) with a quick ball, first throw.

Not counting Reshiram or Zekrom (they made those easier to capture on purpose), I caught Raikou in a Quick Ball. Actually, this happened like three times on three different save files. I was like, "holy shit, never done that before" the first time. Full health as well. It probably might be because Raikou is faster than the other two...?

Reshiram. I've caught it twice, once with an Ultra Ball on the third turn and once with a Quick Ball first off.

Not counting Reshiram or Zekrom (they made those easier to capture on purpose), I caught Raikou in a Quick Ball. Actually, this happened like three times on three different save files. I was like, "holy shit, never done that before" the first time. Full health as well. It probably might be because Raikou is faster than the other two...?

The Quick Ball has a higher chance of capture than normal if used on the first turn of battle. Once they get softened up a bit through multible encounters the Quick Ball has a pretty good chance of capture. I did the same thing too, Raikou in a Quick Ball first try.

I caught Dialga and Palkia using just one Ultra Ball each in Diamond version and Pearl version, respectively. Something about their catch rates being high if I remember correctly. I also captured Reshiram in Black version without much difficulty.

Today I caught Zekrom, and it only broke out of one Ultra Ball before I got it. Clearly I'm supposed to use the master ball for something cooler.

Suicune was easiest because it was the only dog that didn't run away. :mad:

Fr me, Dialga & Palkia in Platinum. I used 2-3 ultra balls on each while they were in yellow health.

Reshiram. Quick Ball, nuff said. :)

Apart from that, I seem to recall Zapdos in Blue being an easy catch for me as was Palka in Pearl.

I remember capturing a legendary with a quick ball on the first try. I think it was a Giratina. I can't remember though.

It also could have been a dream. :p

A few days ago, I caught a Cresselia with the first ball thrown, (An Ultra Ball) after getting its health in the orange and paralyzing it.

Please note: The thread is from 6 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom