• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Easiest/Most Frustrating Gym Puzzle?

Julum

Reaction score
What do you think? Everybody knows the 1st Gym is the easiest, and then for me, the hardest is Flannery's Gym. What was the easiest or most frustrating Gym for you?

Last edited:
Re: Easiest/Most Frustrating Gym?

The easiest gym out of any game for me is one of the early Rock ones. I mean seriously, Grass or Water starters just laugh at this. I found Pryce and Jasmine quite easy too.

The most frustrating gym for me is probably Petalburg gym. The trainers aren't too bad, but unless you have a Protect spamming Pelliper, Norman's Slakings are a bitch. Clair's pretty tough, but if you play defensively and use status or play on her Pokemon's weaknesses it's not too bad. That Kingdra's mean though D:

The easiest Gym out there is the Castelia CIty Gym. You can completely own the whole gym with either Pidove or Darumaka.

The hardest one was the Snowpoint Gym in Platinum. Her Abomasnow was so ANNOYING.

Um... What I mean by Easiest/Most Frustrating Gym is the puzzle of it...

For me the hardest puzzle was the Celadon Gym in HGSS. Both times I played SoulSilver I had no trouble getting to Erika but couldn't find my way out afterwards... there's so much going on there it's hard to see where the openings are.

I had a hard time in the 8th gym in B/W. I couldnt figure it out, it took me days.
That one gave me grief, too. I'm officially sick of staring at Dragon anything. x.x

Easiest Gym puzzle was Lenora's. Basically, you're doing research in a library. I had that solved in a few minutes and loved every second of it. We need more Gym puzzles like that. It was a lot fun.

I remember as a kid I had trouble with Flannery's gym puzzle. It annoyed me a lot as I was impatient back then. The easiest is probably Jasmine'. Just walk above the dirt to her with no harm.

Jasmine's Gym. No Trainers and no puzzle make it the easiest. I guess, technically, finding your way to Cianwood was her puzzle...but...not gonna count it.

Hardest: Either Flannery's Gym or Maylene's Gym. Ugh. Oh! And don't forget Lt.Surge's Gym...God I hated finding one switch in the middle and not knowing which of four other cans to choose...and then failing and resetting!!! No walkthrough for that.

Most frustrating: Viridian in HGSS. It took me a while to figure out how to follow those spinning warp panels to get to the trainers and then to Blue. I had almost as much trouble there as I did in the Ice Path in the original GSC.

Easiest: Any gym where you simply walk up to the leader/ trainers.

Oh! And don't forget Lt.Surge's Gym...God I hated finding one switch in the middle and not knowing which of four other cans to choose...and then failing and resetting!!! No walkthrough for that.

Oh god yes, this, totally this. I mean how the hell is it supposed to work?! It feels like luck most of the time. Good thing the second switch is next to the first but when the first switch is located in the middle trash can. -.-

Last edited:
Easiest: Any Gym that does not have a puzzle.
Hardest: Mahogany and Viridian take the prize.

Blackthorn's Gym in HGSS
Opelucid Gym
Saffron Gym
Vermillion Gym

just to name a few

Most frustrating: Opelucid City...not because of the trainers, or the puzzle- I found the whole thing really easy- but the fact it takes so damn long to get through because of the time it takes for the dragons' heads to move! Same goes for the elevators in the Driftveil Gym.

Easiest: Olivine City. No additional comments.

Most fun: Striaton City. That kind of thing amuses me for no reason whatsoever. Yay curtains!

Easiest: The first gyms
Hardest: I found the Lavaridge, Snowpoint, Icirrus, and Opelucid Gyms frustrating (also in the case of Icirrus I didnt even see the arrows on the ground until a couple minutes in lol)

Easiest was Rustboro Gym.
If you wanted to avoid the trainers, just use the ladders.

Most Frustrating was Flannery's in Lavaridge. It took me 15 minutes to figure out which portals led to her floor.

Easiest one was Iris, the one that confused me a bit was
Spr_BW_Lenora.png
XD

Easiest puzzle (or at least the funnest) was the Mossdeep City Gym
The one I hated most was the Vermilion City Gym

Snowpiont. Oh, Snowpoint. That stupid puzzle took me a quarter of an hour to figure out, and then I left the gym to heal my pokemon. Curse you, Candice!

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom