• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Easiest/Most Frustrating Gym Puzzle?

i have to say the first gym in pokemon black was a piece of cake if you new your type match ups!( im talking about the puzzle)

Last edited:
Absolutely Surge's random trashcans. Mention to Koga, for heaven's sake. Because of my poor sight I was almost totally unable to see the walls.

The easiest? Blue in Gen II xD

I think I had some difficulty with the 8th gym i black/white but no much. Thinking back I'm not a huge puzzle kind of guy but I think I get through the gyms quite easily. I remember morty's taking a little bit so you didn't walk off the edge but that was basically a memory game.

I seriously can't do ANY of the ice gyms. I can't figure out the sliding around thing ever, and it's frustrating. (special mentions go to Lt. Surge's gym. I have yet to figure out the pattern with the garbage can switches.)

But obviously, the first gyms have the easiest puzzles, because they don't have any. But the question answering gyms are the easiest "puzzles"

The easiest gym puzzle is the puzzle in all the rock gyms.

The hardest for me was Flannery's gym puzzle.

It took me about a hour to finish the first time I played Ruby.

I found the easiest Gyms were of course the rock gyms and Goldenrod Gym was more annoying for me than difficult.

I found the Viridian Gym in HG/SS quite difficult indeed the first time to get to Blue and perhaps one of the most difficult. I also found Lt. Surge's gym in Vermilion City difficult at first without knowing where the switches in the trash cans were to get to him :mad: rofl.

I should also mention Sabrina's gym in Saffron City as well. I could not for the life of me figure out what transporter to step in HG/SS, so I spent 10 minutes destroying the other trainers and another 10 minutes warping back and forth till I finally got to her. I ended up looking like a Gyarados by that time, but in the end I calmed down and had a cup of tea rofl :3

Last edited:
I can think of a lot of straightforward gyms, but the first gym in each region may as well not have a puzzle. They're that simple. The most difficult one I'd wager would either be Clair's HGSS Gym (confused me a bit the first time), the Opelucid Gym (hard to keep a mental image of where everything is) or the puzzles in Candice's and Pryce's gyms. I keep forgetting how to do Candice's for some reason... I might actually say that the most difficult is Sabrina's Gym, seeing as we apparently all get lost in her teleporters.

I would nominate Surge's Gym, but that one is a forced trial-and-error situation, not really a puzzle.

Snowpoint was the hardest. The puzzle was really hard, and it restarted every exit. >_>
Excluding Olivine, allt the first gyms' puzzles were the easiest.

Opelucid was just annoying. I was trying to battle all the trainers, while figuring out how to move the dragons the way I wanted to. It was time consuming more than anything. I ended up just wandering around it for a couple minutes battling random trainers until I ended up in front of Iris.

The easiest gyms, are of course those with no puzzles to speak of.

However. The MOST frustrating gyms are those with any kind of warp panels/teleportation devices. I don't know off the top of my head how many of these there are, or which ones they are, but they frustrate me to no end. I get lost SO easily.

These are mine
Easy Gym Puzzles-

• All first gyms
  • Olivine gym
Hard Gym Puzzles-

• Opelucid gym
As for this, when I need to go to the Pokemon Center to heal, I have to do the whole puzzle to Iris and teleport out and do it again.

HONORABLE MENTION-

• Vermillion gym

Last edited:
The only gym puzzles I can think of that I had issues with were the Vermillion City one, and the one in Snowpoint City.

Either Lavaridge or Opelucid. Mind you, the former was annoying when I was younger and it wasn't too hard then. The latter, however, has irritated me very much in recent times. Oh, I know the way now. It's just a damn pain in the butt. ~_~

I think I'm the only one who had trouble with the Nacrene Gym :/

The last clue is weird and doesn't make sense! ¬¬

really some Gyms, such as the Olivine Gym, don't even have puzzles.

Easiest would be the first gyms like Brock,Falkner,Roxanee etc. I got stuck trying to get out of Wake's and the 8th unova one.

Jasmine's. This is a joke, right? It was so easy, there must have been some sort of trick involved. So I raced up and down the airsle, talked to everyone in Olivne 30 times, and used the Good Rod after the Old Rod.

The Iris/Drayden Gym was easy. At first I had no idea what I was doing. But I just kept going straight ahead until I reached Iris/Drayden.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom