• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Easiest/Most Frustrating Gym Puzzle?

Easiest:Brocks Gym in Kanto

Hardest:Never really found any frustrating except B/W's damned 8th gym.

Fuck.Dragons.

Most frustrating: Flannery and Sabrina. Damn those warp panels.

Most easy: Jasmine, unless the quest for medicine is included.

Easiest: Brock, Roxanne, Roark...you don't even have to fight any trainers.

Hardest: Flannery, Sabrina, Candice

Candice, Wallace, and Drayden's gyms were all pretty tricky.

1st Gym is always the easiest.

Hardest: Sabrinas took me ages every single time. It also took me quite a while in Wattsons gym the first time, along with Skyla's.

Easiest: For the ones that werent incredibly easy (Jasmine) I found Winona's quite easy, and I loved the noise it made when you pushed the wall/gate thing.

normans slackings were pretty hard and whitney always gave me trouble, i didnt like winonas altaria either

opening the gates in lt surges gym was annoying as the switches seemed random

Last edited:
Wallace's gym puzzle is pretty hard for me. Winona's took some thinking, and Lenora's was awful. That was the most annoying puzzle ever.

Other than the obvious, the heart home gym in diamond/pearl my dad liked voise it made me do math XD it was very easy

Easiest gym puzzle definitely has to go to Pewter city. Step 1: Walk around kid. Step 2: fight Brock.

As for the most frustrating, I'd have to go with Sunyshore gym. I must have spent a good half hour or so trying to figure out that last room.

Hardest- Erika's gym in HGSS.

Easiest- Olivine Gym. Just walk to the Gym Leader.

Easiest - Brock in R/B (I can walk around them and go straight to Brock or fight!)
Hardest for me was Snowpoint City

Hardest: Fortree the Flying-Type Gym Leader Winona, Opelucid the Dragon-Type Gym Leader Iris/Drayden, and Vermilion the Electric-Type Gym Leader Lt. Surge.
Easiest: Oreburgh the Rock-Type Gym Leader Roark.

PICTURE TIME!!!
SpriteWinona.png
Spr_BW_Drayden.png
SpriteSurge.png
RoarkPlatinum.gif

Saffron, Ecruteak, Mahogany, Snowpoint and Opelucid were all pretty irritating.

Easiest: Mauville Gym. Just press step on the three switches in order to reach Wattson. He obviously only concentrated on building his team.

Most frustrating: Vermillion Gym. Finding the second switch is simply pot luck, not my idea of fun. I dread it every time.

I hated Maylene's gym in Platinum. Those stupid punching bags made me angry.

Most of the Unova gym puzzles were remarkably simple so I didn't have much trouble with them, especially the first two.

Jasmine and Brock's gyms were probably the easiest though.

Easiest: Olivine, Oreburgh, Pewter, Rustboro, Dewford, and Goldenrod.

Most painful: Any of the ice-floor based ones, really (Mahogany, Sootopolis, Icirrus), Opelucid (I passed by the same trainer about five times, it was exasperating), and I deplored those invisible walls in Fuchsia City, I'm clumsy enough without them.

Theres tons of easy ones so I won't bother naming any, but for me, the most frustrating are Opelucid and Icirrus City. They aren't difficult, but for one reason, I'm one of those ones that run to the Pokemon center after each person in the gym if a member of my team faints of or something.. Don't know why, but I'd rather hit the Pokemon Center than use potions and stuff. thats what made Icirrus so irritating.. now Opelucid was that plus having to walk around in circles sometimes. very irritating.

Easiest for me is all of the Unova ones except for the final gym. Either these things are getting easier or I'm just used to solving puzzles.

Frustrating for me was obviously Vermillion City. Screw that noise that makes finding the 2nd switch a pain. I think the longest I went with trying to find that was 30 minutes. It took me a whole episode of the Pokémon Anime plus commercials to get that puzzle to work. I rather take an Ice Gym with sliding around than this noise.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom