• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Easter eggs

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
Since I'm somebody who likes to look at every little tiny detail in a game I've noticed they've managed to hide some interesting Easter eggs.

Like how there is a tiny pin-up of a Gen II female swimmer in Spikemuth and how the manhole covers in Motostoke have combee on them. Not to mention pretty much all the Piccadilly Circus ads.

What are some of the more interesting little Easter eggs you found? Visual or text based counts. So stuff like easily missed extra dialog from diffrent text options like the whole Bob's shining smile has something to do with the history of Galar count too.

Personally I still can't get over the swimmer pin-up.

The sprite for comparison:

Spr_GS_Swimmer_F.png

Mostly due to the fact that it's an odd call back even if they were going for those sexy 80s and 90s Japanese pin-up beer ads. I guess it's also because GSC had the first female swimmers...but still.

Anyway, what other hidden things have you found.

Like the past few games, a lot of the major characters are named after plants. They're all pretty blatant in Japanese, but in English some of them are more subtle.

Oleana - Olea, the genus that contains olives. Japanese name is Olive.
Kabu - Japanese for turnip.
Melony - Melon.
Gourdie - Gourd.
Piers - Junipers.
Milo - Achillea millefolium, the scientific name for Yarrow. Japanese name is Yarrow.
Allister - Allium, genus that contains onions. Japanese name is Onion.

did we get new statues of undentified pokemon or references to them or to gen 9 region like in previous games?

So far, i haven't seen anything that points towards a possible gen 9 region.

maybe by replaying it again people will find the hints.
Maybe the new pokemon point the direction?
The designs also are the hints not only the animals themselfs.

Wolfes look Hindu like, we got a hindu steel Elephant.

"The Eternal and Temporal Aspects of Hinduism."

That or maybe Egipt? or whole African continent?

Both possible taking also gen 8 relations with the Roman Empire that was in both places in the past.

Last edited:
maybe by replaying it again people will find the hints.
Maybe the new pokemon point the direction?
The designs also are the hints not only the animals themselfs.

Wolfes look Hindu like, we got a hindu steel Elephant.

"The Eternal and Temporal Aspects of Hinduism."

That or maybe Egipt? or whole African continent?

Both possible taking also gen 8 relations with the Roman Empire that was in both places in the past.

The Pokemon themselves never point towards a new region (Else we would have gotten an African region long ago already because of Donphan and Girafarig).

These games use the old-school trade music from Red & Blue

The only Pokémon that could be categorised as an explicit reference to some other area is Copperajah- which is based on India- India's famous for elephants and "Raja"/"Rajah" is Hindi for "King". And India widely uses copper utensils- and the evolution line looks like copper utensils.

There’s also the curry that resembles the Indian type rather than the East Asian one (Indian dishes are famous for spices/masalas) and the curry Dex explicitly mentions masala which is the general word for spices in India.

It’s most probably due to India being the biggest British colony and the influence both regions had on each other. (Even though India ended up with the shorter and more brutal end of the stick, but I’d rather not discuss colonialism on a Pokemon forum).

Even though I don’t really believe India's going to have a game on it soon (make your games available here before you try to use our culture, GameFreak!) an Indian region is canon according to Copperajah's Pokedex entry:
They came over from another region long ago and worked together with humans. Their green skin is resistant to water
I’m glad that my home country is on the Pokeworld map, even though it might not be featured anytime soon- and had the entire curry feature loaded with references to it, too.

————————-

I was looking up Copperajah and there’s already clickbait about the next region being India based on India. To clarify, a single Pokémon doesn’t really mean that the next region will be based somewhere, and the Decidueye=Robinhood logic is flawed at best: next thing people would argue is that Cinderace is based on Lionel Messi.

Yeah, but to people looking for references to a new place in the Pokeworld, India's probably the only one and most frequently referenced: but that’s probably a colonialism reference more than anything else.

Last edited:
Green archer with hood? Yeah Green Arrow and the Island...

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom