• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Easter eggs

Pokemon added in each region don't always line up with that region. One example I can think of is panda Pokemon - Pancham/Pangoro being introduced in Kalos. Logically one would expect panda Pokemon in a Chinese region. However, they weren't, and two regions later they haven't pointed toward a Chinese region, either.

Pokemon added in each region don't always line up with that region. One example I can think of is panda Pokemon - Pancham/Pangoro being introduced in Kalos. Logically one would expect panda Pokemon in a Chinese region. However, they weren't, and two regions later they haven't pointed toward a Chinese region, either.
Another example: a hyena Pokémon in the middle of Japan.

I was listening to all the new Pokemon cries because for some reason I wanted to know what Perrserker sounds like...

And all the regional evolution cries sound like the fainting cries of their pre-evolved forms:
For example: Perrserker is Meowth's fainting cry, Cursola is Corsola's fainting cry (actually understandable), Obstagoon's is a fainting Linoone and so on.

Robin Hood did not wear a hood. Neither did Green Arrow.

are you sure? did you watched the new green arrow tv series?

Dragapult is based on the How to train my Dragon, Toothles a little and on other dragons from there...

Appletun and its counterpart are typical grass/dragons based on european ones.

Duradulon is a exception but with french canon motive.

Most pokemon, hound, foxes, Orbeetle,

Eiscue is a nice potential hint too probably together with Darmanitan that has a Yeti like form... hope next snowman line will be ice/ghost and scary looking.

France and UKs relations wirh Antartica are interesting.

Interesting Gumshoos also came from a other region in Alola, and moongose are African and India related...
We had Oranguru in Alola,a clear India motive...

Also Design wise Perserker, Zacian have hindu motives, even in gen 6 Delphox and Chesnaught had hiden hindu motives in design...

Starters also could be a hint... Primarina and Deciduey pointed back on Europe too...

Inteleon , as a chameleon points to Spain, Africa or Asia, India exactly taking...
Rillaboom is typical african,
The Rabbit is everywhere but not in west india? a clue? the oposite?

Last edited:
Dragapult is based on the How to train my Dragon, Toothles a little and on other dragons from there...

Appletun and its counterpart are typical grass/dragons based on european ones.
Dragapult is probably based on this:
Appletun and Flapple are based on worm in an apple, but instead changed into wyrm in an apple.
Also Design wise Perserker, Zacian have hindu motives, even in gen 6 Delphox and Chesnaught had hiden hindu motives in design...
Perrserker and Zacian don't really have Hindu motives. You could make a stretch for Delphox, but Chesnaught, no? They don’t, unless you’re prepared to explain how.
How’s a chameleon spy reference to India?

The Rabbit is everywhere but not in west india? a clue? the oposite?
I'm actually from Western India and I’ve played around rabbits ever since pre-school so... No.

Perrserker and Zacian don't really have Hindu motives. You could make a stretch for Delphox, but Chesnaught, no? They don’t, unless you’re prepared to explain how.

Perserker the beird and horns like hindu demons, Zacian the sword , Delphox has a hindu dot on the forehead, Chesnaught is having a partial hindu armor somekind, the coloring of it and form.

Inteleon as a animal chameleon only.

Perserker the beird and horns like hindu demons, Zacian the sword , Delphox has a hindu dot on the forehead, Chesnaught is having a partial hindu armor somekind, the coloring of it and form.
Perrserker is based on Vikings, not Hindus. It’s helmet is a Viking helmet. And not everything with a beard is based on Hindus.

Not every sword is based on Hindus again. Hinduism isn’t even particularly famous about swords. I’m speaking this as someone raised in a Hindu household. Aegislash is a Sword. Does it make it Hindu? Excalibur is also the tale of a non-Hindu Sword.

In all of Delphox's artwork, the "dot" is more like a brow crease.

And no, ancient Indian armor (assuming that’s what you mean by "Hindu" armor since Hinduism is a religion and cannot have an armor inherent to itself, at least to my knowledge, apart form symbols on it) doesn’t look like anything on Chesnaught.
And white and green are certainly not colours related to Hindus or armours. In fact, if you go around insisting something is Hindu because it’s green, you probably end up offending a bunch of devout Hindus due to Hindus and Muslims conflict often being symbolised by Orange vs Green, with Green representing Muslims.

Perrserker is based on Vikings, not Hindus. It’s helmet is a Viking helmet. And not everything with a beard is based on Hindus.

Not every sword is based on Hindus again. Hinduism isn’t even particularly famous about swords. I’m speaking this as someone raised in a Hindu household. Aegislash is a Sword. Does it make it Hindu? Excalibur is also the tale of a non-Hindu Sword.

In all of Delphox's artwork, the "dot" is more like a brow crease.

And no, ancient Indian armor (assuming that’s what you mean by "Hindu" armor since Hinduism is a religion and cannot have an armor inherent to itself, at least to my knowledge, apart form symbols on it) doesn’t look like anything on Chesnaught.
And white and green are certainly not colours related to Hindus or armours. In fact, if you go around insisting something is Hindu because it’s green, you probably end up offending a bunch of devout Hindus due to Hindus and Muslims conflict often being symbolised by Orange vs Green, with Green representing Muslims.

some hindu demons have horn like ears... some hindu demons looked like vikings?
maybe red because they were covered in blood?
a little, don't take it all needs to be perfect we have here a pokemon game.

some hindu demons have horn like ears... some hindu demons looked like vikings?
maybe red because they were covered in blood?

Perrserker is pretty clearly based on a Viking and wears a pretty clear Viking helmet. And not all Hindu demons have horns. Some of them do. It’s based on berserkers and Vikings. I assure you there’s no Hindu link.
Vikings to Hindus is too far of a leap.

Again, the armour is not specific to Hindus (half the results are video game Fanart anyway) and Chesnaught wears nothing looking like that. It has a generic Shield on its back.

It’s a huge stretch.

are you sure? did you watched the new green arrow tv series?
So, Decidueye's hood is intended to make a reference to a modern Green Arrow TV series (and risk infringing on the copyright) in the hopes that audiences will make the connection and then connect it to Robin Hood as a clue to the next region being based on the UK, even though the Arrow series takes place in America.

Yep, they decided to just copyright infringe instead of just making up their own dragon. And what dragons in the series resemble Dragapult at all?

He's not saying it's imperfect because it's not a Hindu reference, he's saying it doesn't have any connection to Hinduism, which it doesn't.

So, Decidueye's hood is intended to make a reference to a modern Green Arrow TV series (and risk infringing on the copyright) in the hopes that audiences will make the connection and then connect it to Robin Hood as a clue to the next region being based on the UK, even though the Arrow series takes place in America.
There's also the fact that it is not even Green Arrow's classic costume. He only got a hood after getting his show. He was also made younger.

The Curry Dex consists of 150 different varieties (plus 1 special extra one), so obvious Kanto Dex reference there. However, if you factor in the size differences - with each curry having three portions you can create depending on the size of your lead Pokémon - suddenly the Curry Dex inflates to 450 different varieties, perhaps as a reference to the Kalos Pokédex.

with each curry having three portions you can create depending on the size of your lead Pokémon - suddenly the Curry Dex inflates to 450 different varieties, perhaps as a reference to the Kalos Pokédex.
Wouldn’t it be 451 Including the extra one?
I think only the 150+1 was an intentional reference- 450 just happens to be a multiple of it. Three sizes are fairly standard and an easy way to inflate reused resources.

Wouldn’t it be 451 Including the extra one?
I think only the 150+1 was an intentional reference- 450 just happens to be a multiple of it. Three sizes are fairly standard and an easy way to inflate reused resources.

It would, but with Mewtwo, Kalos's Dex is 451. But, that being said, to match the Kalos Dex exactly, it would actually have to be 454 (to account for Mewtwo, Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion). 151 includes Kanto's Mythical, so for parity, the Kalos Mythicals would need to be counted too.

I'd agree with you about only the 151 being intentional, but I figured I'd at least mention it. After all, I did only say it was perhaps a reference.

You do know his name is literally Robin Hood right?
There's no strong evidence he wore one though...

Sure, his name is Hood, coming from Hude, which can either refer to someone who's occupation was making hoods, or someone who was hailing from the place of Hood in Rattery, Devon. Not to mention most depictions of Robin Hood don't even have him wearing a hood, but rather a (feathered) hat or cap.

A hood is common element in rogue-like designs, such as Decidueye. I'd think a stronger argument for it having a connection to Robin Hood are its archery skills, and even those aren't exactly unique. Just to name a few, there are Artemis/Diana, Apolo, William Tell, and Paris.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom