• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Easter eggs?

Reaction score
I've found easter eggs in lots of other games, but never a pokemon game. Anyone have any easter eggs on sappire, emerald, FR, red resque team, platinum, explorers of time, or shadows of almia?

I've always considered the infamous truck from the original games an easter egg.

Another one that comes to mind is the Berry Forrest. Its layout apparently resembles a GBA cartridge.

There's more, but I can't remember them at the moment...

I think I heard of one on D/P where if it's on a certain date, at snowpoint city, the snowflakes turn to diamonds because of some game designer's birthday. I think if you go up to dawn/lucas on platinum on your birthday they'll wish you a happy birthday.

Ah, yep, I remember both of those.

Somewhat of an easter egg I suppose, a person in a building in Hiun City claims to be a TR member's son, and after you beat the Elite Four, talking to him will activate the TR Tower Takeover theme.

Ah, yep, I remember both of those.

Somewhat of an easter egg I suppose, a person in a building in Hiun City claims to be a TR member's son, and after you beat the Elite Four, talking to him will activate the TR Tower Takeover theme.

Really? That's pretty cool. I'll have to find him and try that when it comes out in english.

I saw this on Bulbapedia a while ago:

In Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Versions, if the player brings a Togepi inside the Cerulean Gym, it may begin to cry softly when the player talks to it. This may be a reference to Misty's Togepi in the anime.

The Lava Cookie in the remakes of Gen I, situated south the truck.

A girl in Route 224 carrying a Metagross is a cameo of a movie character. (although the English name wasn't the same, but Japanese name was)

In a way, the various references to Internet memes led by Gen IV English translator.

And I've always considered Pokérus an easter egg rather than a game mechanic.

Huh, to think I've never heard of any of those before! Very cool. Maybe they'll do some more interesting ones in the future.

I remember it was raining on route 213 before and there was a thunderstorm at route 212.

What about the coding found in FRLG that said "By the way, if you like this game, buy it or die.".

I still think including the Truck in FRLG, and putting a Lava Cookie near it was awesome.

In Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Versions, if the player brings a Togepi inside the Cerulean Gym, it may begin to cry softly when the player talks to it. This may be a reference to Misty's Togepi in the anime.

I've never heard of this before until just now, so I actually went to see if this was true. And it is!

All the meme references in HGSS and DPPt

including jokes about mudkips, something about noobs, and an OVER 9000! reference.

I just went into the gym with my Togepi, and while it did say "TOGEPI suddenly began crying softly." When I check again, it says "Why is it doing warm-up exercises?", "TOGEPI is making a face like it's angry!" and "Togepi let out a roar!" (Must be scary) and "TOGEPI is running along the side of the pool!". The exercise and pool ones occured with my Jumpluff as well (the pool one came up when I was away from the pool :S).

I have tested it by bringing in other baby Pokémon (specifically, Smoochum and Pichu) and neither of them started crying. So I guess Misty was just a bad mother xD

The Croagunk going into the Great Marsh in Platinum.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom