• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Edit Request(s)

There's a problem with the Infobox game template's release dates. Either the "North America" section should be changed into "Americas" or "The Americas", or a new section for the rest of the continent should be created. Please note that all releases in Latin America are and have always been on the same day as the United States.

This is sort of a spoiler but in Rustburo, you can get a float stone from a cool trainer on the 2nd floor of the apartment building just south of Devon Corp. If you leave the floor and come back, the cool trainer will be replaced with a hiker that will say "... For some reason, I've put on a lot of weight recently."

Hi I have some information regarding the availability of Celebi in Gold. Bulbapedia currently says it is only available via trade or GS Ball event, but I found and caught one in the wild.

I was in the Mt. Silver Chamber with Red. It's base level was 70. It didn't try to run and I caught it at critical HP with a Moon Ball. I was playing the vanilla version of Gold. I'm not sure if this counts under the event category, but I'm not sure what triggered it's appearance. This was on Tuesday November 18, 2014, which might be relevant since this is a time-travel Pokemon.
You will need proof on this (ie screenshots or video). Also, Gold, Silver, and Crystal could not track the month and day, only the day of the week and time, so you encountering it on November 18th (if this is true), it would not matter.

On the page for Mega Evolutions, the Trivia section says the Ice-type has the fewest Mega Evolutions with two. This is true, but Electric-type also only has two Mega Evolutions. Should the point of Trivia saying Ice-type has the fewest be edited to include Electric-type?

Also the list of unique type combinations page should be edited so that Mega Altaria and Mega Sceptile are listed.

Can someone add Mienfoo and Meowstic's Anime Pokedex entries scanned by Serena and add Ash's title card on dub version episodes XY043-XY045? I see there is no Ash focus title cards for the dub at all.

On Pineco's and Forretress' pages the "By breeding" section has Pin Missile as an egg move, but the list of potential parents lacks Heracross, even though it learns this move starting gen VI and can breed with Pineco/Forretress.

Can a staff member edit the Template:Catch/entryoras to show the XY Trainer Surfing instead of BW Trainer Surfing? An image is already uploaded on the Archives.

Precipice Blades statistics.

If no one's posted this yet, I caught Groudon, so I know the full stat layout of Precipice Blades. It's a Ground-type, Physical move, has 10 base PP, with 120 power and 85 accuracy. He has it when you catch him, so he learns it at or below level 45. No special effects. Yet to test it out in anything other than a single battle, will update when I do.
EDIT: It hits every enemy adjacent to the user, and doesn't hit allies, like in this diagram:

XX- Enemy
O-- Allies

O = user
X = pokemon hit

Last edited:
It seems they tweaked the movesets between XY and ORAS. I just evolved a Dustox and a Beautifly. They both learned Gust at L10 post-evolution, not Confusion and Absorb.

Just saw through visual conformation that Rock Smash is back to being HM06 while Secret Power replaces it as TM94. If any staff member wishes to update go ahead particularly if they saw this for themselves.

On Pineco's and Forretress' pages the "By breeding" section has Pin Missile as an egg move, but the list of potential parents lacks Heracross, even though it learns this move starting gen VI and can breed with Pineco/Forretress.
If no one's posted this yet, I caught Groudon, so I know the full stat layout of Precipice Blades. It's a Ground-type, Physical move, has 10 base PP, with 120 power and 85 accuracy. He has it when you catch him, so he learns it at or below level 45. No special effects. Yet to test it out in anything other than a single battle, will update when I do.
EDIT: It hits every enemy adjacent to the user, and doesn't hit allies, like in this diagram:

XX- Enemy
O-- Allies

O = user
X = pokemon hit
So, if you scroll down a bit on the Ralts page a bit... Pink. Ralts (Pokémon) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
All done.

From the Electric type's page's Trivia section:

Prior to Generation V, there were no Pokémon that 4× resisted Electric-type attacks. Zekrom, Rotom's Mow form and Ampharos' Mega Evolution are the only Pokémon to do so.

Not sure if Mega Sceptile should be mentioned. It's immune to Electric moves completely thanks to its Ability, but if it's suppressed or changed, it does have a double resistance.

Something pretty minor (might just want to take note of this and put it all into one massive edit), but my Kirlia in ORAS learned Draining Kiss at level 23. Not sure if Ralts/Gardevoir/Gallade can learn it (probably not Gallade, but Ralts & Gardevoir might).

EDIT: It will probably be best if I contain everything I see on one post, so here goes:
-Macho Brace is still a reward from the Winstrates (talk to Winstrate mother after beating all 4)
-Route 109 Beach has a hidden Revive in the red umbrella southeast of the Sailor, a hidden Heart Scale right above the man with a Zigzagoon, and a hidden Ether on the southeast part of the beach (same spots as RSE, if I remember correctly)
-In Omega Ruby on route 110, tall grass Pokemon variety is the same as Ruby with some additions: Plusle, Voltorb, and Magnemite can be found in the grass
-Mega Stones: I found Alakazite in the southwest corner of Slateport Market, Aggronite for clearing Rusturf Tunnel, Manectite on the northside of Cycling Road (the part before you actually go on the road itself) and Mawilite in a sort of hidden path accessed in the southwest corner of Route 117
-Trainer Hill does not return from Emerald

Last edited:
Currently the articles on Catch Rate and Pokéballs are misleading regarding the apricorn balls, but I'm not sure on what the best way of handling it is. The apricorn formula is a bit different when compared with all the other balls, the ball bonus is always 1, rather the apricorn balls modify the Pokémon's catch rate before it gets put in the formula. The problem is that it never goes higher than 255. This means for pokemon whose catch rate is already 255 the apricorn balls don't actually improve your chances, and the 'advertised' catch rate rarely applies. For example you only get the full x8 catch rate in HGSS with the Level Ball with Mantine, Chatot and Chansey (same with Love Ball but now Chansey is excluded). If a Pokemon's catch rate is 200, and you use an apricorn ball that's supposed to double it or better, you only get an effective catch rate of 1.275 (255/200).

I think the best way of handling this would be to have a little note on all the balls saying a Pokémon's modified catch rate saying will never be higher than 255, but that might confuse people because the Master/Dream ball catch rates are 255x

(this applies to GSC and HGSS, but in GSC the 255 cap applies to all balls and this is already mentioned in the catch rate article)

my source is Gen III/IV Capture Mechanics | The Cave of Dragonflies - I owe this person for clearing up my confusion of why the Apricorn balls never seem as good as they're supposed to be.

For some reason, on the list of Pokémon by weight, Giratina's Altered Form is listed as "Mega Metagross" while Mega Metagross is listed as just a second "Metagross".

Back
Top Bottom