• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Edit Request(s)

Mightyena's official illustration is wrong.
Someone is spreading an unofficial illustration of a black nose.
The accurate official illustration has a red nose, which can be found in the file history.
Please correct the problem as soon as possible.
I attach an official illustration that I have.

Attachments

• Mightyena.png
    Mightyena.png
    114.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
This has been brought up on Mightyenas's talk page before. According to Dennou, the black nose artwork is the original, official artwork before it was changed to the correct red nose artwork, although Pokemon.com never changed it. We're using the black nose artwork (the one that is used internationally) because we're an English wiki. The artwork change was in the trivia section but was removed, I've added it back in.

This has been brought up on Mightyenas's talk page before. According to Dennou, the black nose artwork is the original, official artwork before it was changed to the correct red nose artwork, although Pokemon.com never changed it. We're using the black nose artwork (the one that is used internationally) because we're an English wiki. The artwork change was in the trivia section but was removed, I've added it back in.
Oh, I never knew that. Thank you for your reply.

The catch rate formula for Gen3/4 seems to be needlessly difficult to follow. I would request that this formula be edited by replacing it with a mathematically identical version without this readability issue, similar to that which follows:

Gen3-4-catch-rate-formula.png

The catch rate formula for Gen3/4 seems to be needlessly difficult to follow. I would request that this formula be edited by replacing it with a mathematically identical version without this readability issue, similar to that which follows:

View attachment 108826
It is likely that that formula is a more accurate representation of the game's calculations than your form. In the games, the order of operations can definitely matter, because the games often only use integer values, meaning when a division is made, the result gets rounded down. So when the division occurs can influence the outcome to greater or lesser degrees.

oye agatha's lv66 gengar that she leads with is wrong on the frlg rematch battle info. it has shadow ball, not shadow punch. every else about it seems fine. this was commented about before on the talk page so get your shit together bulbapedia. i guess while im here ill add that a while back i added to the pineco page that it could have sand tomb be bred down to it from a shuckle but some guy beaned me on that. still no idea why that is. thank.

despite having less than 0.1% of its landmass, kiribati has over double the population of greenland.

oye agatha's lv66 gengar that she leads with is wrong on the frlg rematch battle info. it has shadow ball, not shadow punch.
Did you find this out while playing the game yourself, or some other way?
get your shit together bulbapedia.
Watch you language, please.
despite having less than 0.1% of its landmass, kiribati has over double the population of greenland.
That sort of information has nothing to do with anything in here.

I was playing through Ultra Sun and was doing the Ultra Space Wilds while using the Bulbapedia page as a guide, but one of the berry drops in the Rocky World either needs changing, or another berry needs adding. I beat a Grumpig and it dropped a Tanga berry, while the wiki page says Persim Berry.
20180709_185352.jpg

I was playing through Ultra Sun and was doing the Ultra Space Wilds while using the Bulbapedia page as a guide, but one of the berry drops in the Rocky World either needs changing, or another berry needs adding. I beat a Grumpig and it dropped a Tanga berry, while the wiki page says Persim Berry.
20180709_185352.jpg
I'm pretty sure it can drop more than one type of Berry.

Did you find this out while playing the game yourself, or some other way?

Watch you language, please.

That sort of information has nothing to do with anything in here.
each point in order:
-yes, i found out while playing the game. if you want a video i could provide that if necessary.
-who cares
-it is a fun fact to spice up the forums
Papua New Guinea has 832 living languages.

Found this oversight while playing Sapphire 1.1. In the tutorial where Wally catches a Pokemon, when Wally brings out his borrowed Zigzagoon, the prompt text prints "What will Wally do?" Instead of "What will Zigzagoon do?". See attached screenshot.

I haven't confirmed this with Ruby 1.1 or Emerald, and I'm not too familiar with these games so I may be too late.

Attachments

• Pokemon Sapphire [v1.1]01.png
    Pokemon Sapphire [v1.1]01.png
    6 KB · Views: 4
I know I could just do this myself, but I don't feel comfortable completely deleting something. I put this description in the Talk page of BW105, and it seems no one has seen it, so I thought I would post it here:

I didn't feel comfortable just deleting it, but if someone reads this, the first error is not correct that says "Cameron was shown winning against a random Trainer in the second round to advance to the third, even though he won against Bianca in the second round in the previous episode." Although it seems that way at first glance, the random trainer Cameron beat was in the "second" round. He actually beat Bianca in what they were referring to as the first round, because the 1v1 battles were considered a preliminary round that wasn't part of the main tournament. When Cameron took on Bianca, there were 64 trainers left in the tournament, but after the montage, there are 16 trainers left in the tournament. Since Ash's battle that he finished with Scraggy was his "second" round battle (only because he referred to it as if it had just occurred when he met Iris and Cilan after the match and also because it isn't the same trainer he is matched up with on the screen for the "first" round in the previous episode -- that trainer's matchup was on the far left against an unnamed girl) that means his first battle was actually completely skipped. The rest of the montage could have been Stephan/Virgil's first or second battles, there really is no way to tell since we can't see the opposing trainer, but it is likely its also their second battles of the main tournament and their "first" round matches were also skipped. Anyway, sorry to write this much, but it is pretty confusing. If someone important agrees with me, it would probably be best to delete the error comment, I don't know it there would be any reason to try to explain the skipping or not in the trivia. Sc190191 (talk) 04:00, 17 July 2018 (UTC)

UPDATE: I just deleted the error myself, since no one seemed to see my talk page or this comment. I mentioned in the description to see the talk page for detailed explanation as to why the error wasn't correct

Last edited:
Looking at the Amourshipping Page, I feel like it hasn't been up to date aside from more in-show hints added or removed. Particularly the images. The images shown are what you would expect to find when the XY show was currently running, be it Serena blushing at Ash, or Ash and Serena together in a promo advertisement. However, it feels a bit lacking given what happened in the final episode of XY: The Kiss Scene.

It is perhaps the most iconic scene relating to Amourshipping, even if there was ambiguity to it given the feet focus during the actual "kissing." There were notable news articles talking about kiss scene such as Kotaku and Polygon, and nearly every website talking about the kiss features this image:

b0nlhhvuf0zerp22wak1.jpg

or this

bhkivtrguzsej2a1dcpy.jpg

I would like to add them onto the page, but I admittedly do not how to do such a thing. If that is not in my power, then I would humbly request that at least one of them be used given how significant this scene is to the Amourshipping page on Bulbapedia page (and the fandom as well). I tried to bring this up in the Talk Page of Amourshipping but unfortunately, it seems to have been derailed over the discussion of whether or not the kiss actually happened (as if it would lessen these images on a page that is largely based on fan perception rather than actual facts).

I was just goofing around a bit on my White 2 at the Pokémon World Tournament, and ended up causing something kinda... weird.

IMG_20181014_225226_hdr.jpg
Yes, Roxie is here twice. Sorry for the subpar image. I know some NPCs have been in two places at once before but never to this extent.

What I did was beat her in the first round of the Unova Leaders Tournament which put her in the right seat and then I beat her in the second round of the Driftveil Tournament, which never has a Gym Leader opponent or even anyone noteworthy for the first round. I assume that position won't get cleared if there isn't a possible new opponent.

I've never heard or even read of this happening before; have I stumbled upon a new oversight here? Should this be mentioned somewhere appropriate in the wiki? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
On the trivia page for Mew, it states "The only way to legitimately obtain a Shiny Mew is via the Old Sea Map on a Japanese copy of Pokémon Emerald."

First, I'm pretty sure any copy of Pokémon Emerald that has access to the Old Sea Map can encounter a shiny Mew, not just Japanese copies. Right? There are plenty of YouTube videos where English copies of Emerald encounter shiny Mew.

Second, the statement itself isn't true anymore, with the VC GSC out, right? I don't know if this is correct but I'm pretty sure that an event Mew transferred from RBY to GSC (emphasizing event Mew, as in legitimately obtained versus the glitch) can be shiny if it has the right DV's. I say this because I myself was able to transfer a shiny Mew from GSC into PokeBank (with a combination of both the ID/OT changing glitch and the shiny Coin Case glitch, look it up if you don't know what I'm talking about). This would indicate that there is a possibility of a legitimate Mew being shiny or else PokeBank would flat out ban it, right?

On the trivia page for Mew, it states "The only way to legitimately obtain a Shiny Mew is via the Old Sea Map on a Japanese copy of Pokémon Emerald."

First, I'm pretty sure any copy of Pokémon Emerald that has access to the Old Sea Map can encounter a shiny Mew, not just Japanese copies. Right? There are plenty of YouTube videos where English copies of Emerald encounter shiny Mew.

Second, the statement itself isn't true anymore, with the VC GSC out, right? I don't know if this is correct but I'm pretty sure that an event Mew transferred from RBY to GSC (emphasizing event Mew, as in legitimately obtained versus the glitch) can be shiny if it has the right DV's. I say this because I myself was able to transfer a shiny Mew from GSC into PokeBank (with a combination of both the ID/OT changing glitch and the shiny Coin Case glitch, look it up if you don't know what I'm talking about). This would indicate that there is a possibility of a legitimate Mew being shiny or else PokeBank would flat out ban it, right?

The Old Sea Map was only legitimately distributed to Japanese games. It can still be hacked into English games, but that's not legitimate.

Both of the VC Mew distributions had fixed DVs of 15/15/15/15, so they will never be Shiny when transferred to GSC or to Bank. Additionally, Bank's legitimacy checker is not perfect, so it's entirely possible that it would still let an illegitimate Shiny Mew through.

On Mew's page, it's suggested that its name might come from a cat's cry. However, it's confirmed it's not the case. When the French name translator asked the Pokémon staff about it, they denied it, as stated in this interview

("Je leur ai demandé si c'était aussi l'onomatopée du chat, comme mew en anglais, ils m'ont dit que non. En japonais, le chat fait nya.")

"I asked them if it was the cat's onomatopoeia, like mew in english, they said no. In japanese, the cat goes nya."

My Yveltal learned Dragon Rush way before level 64. I did a test I deleted it and could relarn at move reminder. Maybe its a level 1 move you didnt include?

Back
Top Bottom