• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Bulbapedia Edit Request(s)

Aka: LPCDDude, Cardcaptor Sean, TheLegoCat, etc.
Reaction score
The WTP narration can’t go back to the people just being Ash and his friends.

Reaction score
And why can’t why use Trainer Niantic? Is for copyright?

Beta Content Nerd
Reaction score
And why can’t why use Trainer Niantic? Is for copyright?
Most likely copyright but the more than likely reason is this is to prevent some random player from trying to impersonate the company and possibly phishing info from other players.

Reaction score
Most likely copyright but the more than likely reason is this is to prevent some random player from trying to impersonate the company and possibly phishing info from other players.
Well @prog rocker showed this thing from The Legend of Localization:
Cream Tangerine said:
“If you were playing Seiken Densetsu when it was first released, how would you determine what the heroes’ official names were? You’d probably turn to the game’s manual and/or the game’s strategy guides.”
I never understood why someone would care. Their names are whatever you called them. Otherwise why let you choose?
Fir413 said:
How would you
talk about the characters otherwise? In this game it doesn’t matter much cause it’s not as plot heavy? But can you imagine Final Fantasy VII threads where people discuss wheather Spiky Blonde Big Sword Guy can revive Dwad Flower Girl?
NOTE: There were some typos but I fixed them.

And because those names (TrainerNIA or NIATrainer) appear in Pokémon GO's website in promotional material, those are their names.

Now who reads the dub WTP SS001 narration? Screenshot with captions. @BigDocFan, who reads it?

Last edited:
memes
Reaction score
I've added the gen 8 physical moves to this page but then realised the Let's Go moves should technically be on there too. The special move page would also need an update as would the status move page. I don't wanna do it because adding it all is tedious so I'm putting the request here.

Reaction score
Who can give me a picture of captions reading Journey WTP narrations.

An Ice Alolan Ninetales
Reaction score
SS002 sounded like Ash doing WTP, no idea for SS001 as I have no captions as yet but it sounded female

Reaction score
I think the Pkn GO protagonists are what they are called in promos because we use names like Elio, Selene, Chase, Elaine, Scottie, Bettie, Victor, and Gloria. If not, we can call the male player chase because of what is used on the LGPE page but that's for connecting with Pkn GO.

Reaction score
I mean here are the names they use:
normaltrade.jpg
raidlobby.jpg
pokemonvs.jpg
mapviewegg.jpg

I say we use the third image because during Treehouse, to show two players, they were Victor and Gloria.

Reaction score
Speaking of which, tell me @abcboy, please tell me why you made their pages to the public, sir. I know! We can refer to them as Avatar, @colours. Compromise 100%?

Last edited:
Sulfuric Shell
Reaction score
Both the pages for the Isle of Armor and The page for the Crown Tundra state in the Pokémon section of the page that
Pokémon found in the wild and those owned by other trainers in The Isle of Armor/The Crown Tundra will be scaled to a player's team, this will be based off of levels.
(emphasis mine)

However, people have discovered that the level scaling is not based upon levels but rather in-game progression. See this post here. So my edit request would just be to update the pages so that it refers to progression rather than levels. Thanks.

Edit: The Isle of Armor page has been updated to properly reflect the level scaling, however, the Crown Tundra page has not.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I believed I've found an inconsistency between a couple of bulbapedia pages.

In the "Ability" section of the "Personality value" page, it says that in Gen III the lowest bit decides the ability, but in the "Storage" subsection of the "Generation III Onward" section of the "Individual values" page, it says that in Gen III the most significant bit decides the ability. So which one is it? xP

Reaction score
There are several mentions of the Luxury Ball being obtainable as a prize from any contest hall in Gen III if you win with a Pokémon that has won a Master Rank contest and has already won that particular contest. But no matter what I do, it seems you can only get Luxury Balls as prizes for winning a Master Rank contest a second time.

I just want to know if this is really the case, since even on the pages for Verdanturf, Fallarbor and Slateport, it's mentioned you can obtain Luxury Balls in Ruby and Sapphire for repeatedly winning contests there with a Master Rank ribbon holder.

I'm confused!!