• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Edit Request(s)

This isn't really an edit request, but does anyone mind telling me where Bulbagarden gets its scans for certain manga like PokeSpe and Pokemon ReBurst? Let alone clean and quality scans of all things? I'd really appreciate it, thanks! :D

The vast majority of scans are taken by the contributor scanning a copy of the manga they have purchased or borrowed.

Additionally, if a question doesn't fit within one of the sticky threads, feel free to make a new thread about it.

Edit Request

Well there is a category called fan sites which in the page it lists Pokémon fan sites, hence the name. But the page WiKirby is listed as part of this category even though it's not related to the franchise.

I was just on the page for Serena and it states that she has a mentioned father as the player and the rival. This is incorrect: her father is not just mentioned, but he can be found in Snowbelle City when she is the rival. The debate was due to people stating that when you play as both Calem and Serena, he states that his daughter left Vaniville Town, leading people to believe he was Shauna's father.

However, I played the game as Serena and he actually says that his son left Vaniville Town. Therefore, it's fairly likely that he is Calem's father, thus confirming that he is Serena's father when playing as Calem. I think both Calem and Serena's pages should say they do have fathers when they are the rivals, not just mentioned fathers.

This is also something I came across while on the Form Differences page.

Since only Blue Flower, Red Flower, and Yellow Flower Pumpkaboo can appear in the Friend Safari, only these forms of Flabébé, Floette and Florges can have their Hidden Ability Symbiosis.

Pumpkaboo should be Floette.

I was just on the page for Serena and it states that she has a mentioned father as the player and the rival. This is incorrect: her father is not just mentioned, but he can be found in Snowbelle City when she is the rival. The debate was due to people stating that when you play as both Calem and Serena, he states that his daughter left Vaniville Town, leading people to believe he was Shauna's father.

However, I played the game as Serena and he actually says that his son left Vaniville Town. Therefore, it's fairly likely that he is Calem's father, thus confirming that he is Serena's father when playing as Calem. I think both Calem and Serena's pages should say they do have fathers when they are the rivals, not just mentioned fathers.

The games merely imply that the NPC is Calem/Serena's father, there is nothing that outright confirms it. Bulbapedia doesn't work off "fairly likely" information, it works off confirmed facts. Since it's not confirmed, it should not be changed.

This is also something I came across while on the Form Differences page.

Since only Blue Flower, Red Flower, and Yellow Flower Pumpkaboo can appear in the Friend Safari, only these forms of Flabébé, Floette and Florges can have their Hidden Ability Symbiosis.

Pumpkaboo should be Floette.

Fixed.

Sorry to interrupt, I would like to have two template pages created: Template:Balltype and Template:Balltypeh.

I have already finished the code for both these pages (there is the missing sprite, but I can add that later once I am obtain them). The structure of the template is written as follows:
Balltypeh (table header)
{| style="{{roundy|10px}}; margin:auto; text-align:center; border: 2px solid #{{{{{1|black}}} color}}; background: #{{{{{1|black}}} color}};"
! style="background: #{{{{{2|grey}}} color light}}; {{roundytl|5px}}" |
! style="background: #{{{{{2|grey}}} color light}}; {{roundytr|5px}}" colspan="2" | {{{3|Black}}} Type
|-
! style="background: #{{{{{2|grey}}} color light}}" | Ndex
! style="background: #{{{{{2|grey}}} color light}}" | MS
! style="background: #{{{{{2|grey}}} color light}}" | Pokémon<noinclude>[[Category:Table templates]]</noinclude>
Balltype (table body)
<noinclude>{| style="{{roundy|10px}}; margin:auto; text-align:center; border: 2px solid #{{black color}}; background: #{{black color}};"
! style="background: #{{grey color light}}; {{roundytl|5px}}" |
! style="background: #{{grey color light}}; {{roundytr|5px}}" colspan="2" | Black Type
|-
! style="background: #{{grey color light}}" | Ndex
! style="background: #{{grey color light}}" | MS
! style="background: #{{grey color light}}" | Pokémon<noinclude>[[Category:Table templates]]</noinclude>
|- style="background:#FFFFFF;"
| style="font-family:Monospace;" | #{{#switch: {{{1|001}}}|351S|351R|351H=351|386A|386D|386S=386|412G|412S=412|413G|413S=413|422E=422|423E=423|479O |479W|479R|479F|479L=479|487O=487|492S=492|521F=521|550B=550|555Z=555|585S|585A|585W=585|586S|586A|5 86W=586|592F=592|593F=593|641T=641|642T=642|645T=645|646B|646W=646|647R=647|648P=648|666Arc|666Con|6 66Ele|666Gar|666Hig|666Icy|666Jun|666Mar|666Mod|666Mon|666Oce|666Pol|666Riv|666San|666Sav|666Sun|666 Tun=666|669Y|669O|669B|669W=669|676He|676St|676Di|676De|676Ma|676Da|676La|676Ka|676Ph=676|678F=678|6 81B=681|{{{1|001}}}}}
| {{MSP|{{{1|001}}}|{{{2|Bulbasaur}}}}}
| {{p|{{{2|Bulbasaur}}}}}<noinclude>
|}[[Category:Table templates]]</noinclude>

As I haven't contributed much to editing other articles, I am as of yet, not allowed to create new pages on my own. I provided the above written codes so to offer credibility and that I am not asking the template pages to be created for no reason. There is still some changes to be made, but I would like to see how it works out once I use it in the Super Training page.

Thanks to the user/admin that can help me out in creating these pages!>v<

Last edited:
I was watching Mobile Suit Gundam and thought that the "Sealance" vehicle looks extremely similar to the Gabite family, just though the trivia or origin might be updated.

The image of Hydro Pump in the Generation VI games has been uploaded back in 2013. Can someone add it to the Hydro Pump article? Unfortunately, I can't since the page keeps on not saving my edit.

Fletchinder anime Pokédex entries incomplete as of today (September 20th, 2014)

Scan entry for Episode XY036 needs to be added, already have coding setup:
{{Animedexbody|XY036|Fletchinder|Ash's Pokédex|Fletchinder, the Ember Pokémon. Once in flight, Fletchinder can reach its top speed extremely quickly, giving it the edge in battle by attacking is opponents before they can get prepared.}}

The image of Hydro Pump in the Generation VI games has been uploaded back in 2013. Can someone add it to the Hydro Pump article? Unfortunately, I can't since the page keeps on not saving my edit.

Done.

Fletchinder anime Pokédex entries incomplete as of today (September 20th, 2014)

Scan entry for Episode XY036 needs to be added, already have coding setup:
{{Animedexbody|XY036|Fletchinder|Ash's Pokédex|Fletchinder, the Ember Pokémon. Once in flight, Fletchinder can reach its top speed extremely quickly, giving it the edge in battle by attacking is opponents before they can get prepared.}}

And done.

[bp=Ash's Froakie]Froakie's[/bp] protection notice should be updated to mention XY052.

EDIT: Also, can the [bp=Template:Locationcolor]Locationcolor[/bp] series be updated to support the colors associated with the six main regions? I think those colors would suit the templates on the Roaming Pokémon page better.

Last edited:
[bp=Ash's Froakie]Froakie's[/bp] protection notice should be updated to mention XY052.

EDIT: Also, can the [bp=Template:Locationcolor]Locationcolor[/bp] series be updated to support the colors associated with the six main regions? I think those colors would suit the templates on the Roaming Pokémon page better.

Template doesn't really need to be specific to the episode, we don't want to help cause the speculation we're trying to prevent. ;)

Being a gigantic switch function, we may be replacing the colorscheme templates in the near future. As for using it on the Roaming Pokémon article, I don't think that's really necessary.

They changed the way Move Remembering works in X and Y. In previous generations, it didn't memorize the personal history of the individual mon, it just let you relearn Moves that that mon could learn at that level. Now, it does remember personal history, such that you can Remember Egg Moves. You couldn't Remember Egg Moves in previous Gens.

Can someone update the Egg Moves page to reflect this? After confirming, if you like. My Sylveon, which had had Wish as an Egg Move when it was born but I got rid of it, was able to Remember Wish when I took him to Madam Reminder.

EDIT: Also, the romanization of Eevee's Japanese name is wrong. The Bulbapedia page currently says...
イーブイ
Eievui

However...
イ = i
ー = vowel lengthener
ブ = bu
イ = i

It should be 'Iibui.'
(The Japanese 'b' is often used to represent the "v" sound, but the romanization should reflect the sound of the actual character, not the sound it's meant to imitate.)

Last edited:
EDIT: Also, the romanization of Eevee's Japanese name is wrong. The Bulbapedia page currently says...
イーブイ
Eievui
That is the trademarked romanization. The strict romanization is only used in the infobox, in tooltip text on the Japanese (katakana) name (if it differs from the trademarked name).

イーブイ
Eievui
That is the trademarked romanization. The strict romanization is only used in the infobox, in tooltip text on the Japanese (katakana) name (if it differs from the trademarked name).

That is so bizarre @_@
Why would they trademark a completely incorrect name? Was it an error? All the other ones seem accurate.

Thanks, though, I never even knew about that page.

Back
Top Bottom