• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Edit Request(s)

Golem is missing Mega Kick from its Tutoring list under Gen III learnsets, which it can learn from the Emerald and FRLG Tutors.

Milotic has Swords Dance listed as a learnable Move Tutor for Gen III, which it cannot learn by any Tutor.

Swinub and Piloswine have Psych Up listed as a learnable Move Tutor for Gen III, which they cannot learn by any Tutor.

Porygon and Porygon2 have Defense Curl listed as a learnable Move Tutor for Gen III, which they cannot learn by any Tutor.

Quagsire has Rock Slide listed as a learnable Move Tutor for Gen III, which it cannot learn in this generation.

Regice has Metronome listed as a learnable Move Tutor for Gen III, which it cannot learn by any Tutor.

Sandshrew and Sandslash have Psych Up listed as a learnable Move Tutor for Gen III, which they cannot learn by any Tutor.

Sableye has Defense Curl listed as a learnable Move Tutor for Gen III, which it cannot learn by any Tutor.

Sableye does not have Metronome listed as a learnable Move Tutor for Gen III, which it can learn from the Emerald and FRLG Move Tutors.

Nuzleaf and Shiftry do not have Mega Kick or Swift listed as a learnable Move Tutor for Gen III, which they can learn from the Emerald and FRLG Move Tutors.

Slowbro does not have Counter listed as a learnable Move Tutor for Gen III, which it can learn from the Emerald and FRLG Move Tutors.

Steelix does not have Defense Curl listed as a learnable Move Tutor for Gen III, which it can learn from the Emerald Move Tutor.

Gulpin and Swalot have Metronome listed as a learnable Move Tutor for Gen III, which they cannot learn by any Move Tutor.

Last edited:
Upon testing with a fairly decent data pool, it has been determined that protect's decay rate has increased in generation VI to 33% chance of success on turn two, rather than 50%, as bulbapedia now says. I assume that more turns would follow the same pattern, resulting in a 1/9 chance on turn 3, and a 1/27 chance on turn 4, but further research is probably needed.

Milotic has Swords Dance listed as a learnable Move Tutor for Gen III, which it cannot learn by any Tutor.

Swinub and Piloswine have Psych Up listed as a learnable Move Tutor for Gen III, which they cannot learn by any Tutor.

Quagsire has Rock Slide listed as a learnable Move Tutor for Gen III, which it cannot learn in this generation.

Regice has Metronome listed as a learnable Move Tutor for Gen III, which it cannot learn by any Tutor.

Sandshrew and Sandslash have Psych Up listed as a learnable Move Tutor for Gen III, which they cannot learn by any Tutor.

Sableye has Defense Curl listed as a learnable Move Tutor for Gen III, which it cannot learn by any Tutor.

Sableye does not have Metronome listed as a learnable Move Tutor for Gen III, which it can learn from the Emerald and FRLG Move Tutors.

Slowbro does not have Counter listed as a learnable Move Tutor for Gen III, which it can learn from the Emerald and FRLG Move Tutors.

Steelix does not have Defense Curl listed as a learnable Move Tutor for Gen III, which it can learn from the Emerald Move Tutor.

Gulpin and Swalot have Metronome listed as a learnable Move Tutor for Gen III, which they cannot learn by any Move Tutor.

Fixed all these

Porygon and Porygon2 have Defense Curl listed as a learnable Move Tutor for Gen III, which they cannot learn by any Tutor.

Removed from Porygon, but Porygon 2 can learn from Emerald apparently, could you double check?

Nuzleaf and Shiftry do not have Mega Kick or Swift listed as a learnable Move Tutor for Gen III, which they can learn from the Emerald and FRLG Move Tutors.

Fixed, Swift was Emerald only though

Upon testing with a fairly decent data pool, it has been determined that protect's decay rate has increased in generation VI to 33% chance of success on turn two, rather than 50%, as bulbapedia now says. I assume that more turns would follow the same pattern, resulting in a 1/9 chance on turn 3, and a 1/27 chance on turn 4, but further research is probably needed.
Who did this testing? Was it you, a group on Smogon, or someone else? Could you link to the published results?

I noticed that some articles that talk about the Exp. All from Pokemon RBY state that it doesn't share Stat EXP with those that don't participate in battle, but I've tested this and it does share Stat EXP with those that passively gain EXP

What I did was I caught a level 44 Golbat in Victory Road, and flew back to Viridian City to defeat some low level Pokemon. My team consisted of only Pikachu and Golbat, and I put the Exp. All into my bag. I fought 30 battles with wild Pokemon in Route 1, with only Pikachu defeating them.

I used the "box trick" to check if Golbat gained any Stat EXP. My Golbat did not gain any levels since it was gaining single digit EXP from each battle.
My Golbat's stats before depositing it into the PC were
HP: 126
Attack: 77
Defense: 72
Speed: 93
Special: 75

After I withdrew my Golbat from the PC, its stats changed to
HP: 127
Attack: 78
Defense: 74
Speed: 96
Special: 76

As for how the Exp. All shares the stat EXP, whether its split up like regular EXP or not, I'm not sure.

I'm not sure how many articles say that the EXP. All does not share Stat EXP, but the Effort values article is one of them

Edit: Looks like the Experience-affecting item and the Effort Values articles have been fixed :)

Last edited:
Ilex Forest - A CRYSTAL symbol is on the wrong hidden item. It should not be on the "Antidote By the southwest corner of the pond (hidden)", but instead should be removed and correctly placed on "Ether West of the northernmost isolated tree (hidden)."

The name of the new professor, Kukui, is based on the Kukui Nut Tree - the state tree from Hawaii in which Lei's are traditionally made from. :)

Sylveon can learn Body Slam from an Eevee if that Eevee was taught Body Slam in Gen III as a move tutor move. This is also the case with most Gen 4 evolutions.

Other pre-evolution moves:

Ambipom - Mega Punch, Mega Kick, Body Slam, Double-Edge, Seismic Toss, Mimic, Metronome, Dynamic Punch, Nightmare
Mismagius - Defense Curl, Mimic, Double-Edge, Nightmare
Honchhrow - Mimic, Doube-Edge, Nightmare
Weavile - Double-Edge, Dynamic Punch, Mimic, Defense Curl, Nightmare
Lickilicky - Mega Punch, Mega Kick, Counter, Seismic Toss, Mimic, Double-Edge, Nightmare
Rhyperior - Mega Punch, Mega Kick, Body Slam, Double-Edge, Mimic, Dynamic Punch
Tangrowth - Body Slam, Mimic, Double-Edge
Electivire - Mega Punch, Mega Kick, Body Slam, Double-Edge, Counter, Seismic Toss, Mimic
Magmortar - Mega Kick, Body Slam, Double-Edge, Counter, Seismic Toss, Mimic
Togekiss - Mega Punch, Mega Kick, Body Slam, Counter, Seismic Toss, Mimic, Soft-Boiled
Yanmega - Mimic
Leafeon - Body Slam, Mimic
Glaceon - Body Slam, Mimic
Gliscor - Mimic, Dream Eater
Mamoswine - Mimic, Defense Curl
Porygon-Z - Double-Edge, Mimic
Gallade - Body Slam, Double-Edge, Mimic, Defense Curl, Nightmare,
Probopass - Mimic, Body Slam, Dynamic Punch, Defense Curl, Self-Destruct
Dusknoir - Mega Punch, Mega Kick, Body Slam, Counter, Double-Edge, Seismic Toss, Metronome, Mimic, Dynamic Punch, Nightmare
Froslass - Body Slam, Double-Edge, Mimic
Sylveon - Body Slam, Mimic

Also, it is feasibly possible to have Pokemon in Gen 6 (and it evolutions) with purified XD moves, like Meowth and Persian can have Sing, etc.

EDIT: Would there be much opposition, when I get a working, viable computer, to make these changes myself? Editing pages on a mobile device is a pain in the buttocks. @.@

Last edited:
On the Trainerentry/Pokemon template, Rotom's Mow and Fan forms are referred to as their Japanese names, Cut and Spin, rather than their English names. Also some Pokemon with form differences, such as Basculin and Kyurem lack note of which form it has/takes, despite similar Pokemon (such as Gastrodon and Giratina) having note which form the Pokemon is in.

On the Trainerentry/Pokemon template, Rotom's Mow and Fan forms are referred to as their Japanese names, Cut and Spin, rather than their English names. Also some Pokemon with form differences, such as Basculin and Kyurem lack note of which form it has/takes, despite similar Pokemon (such as Gastrodon and Giratina) having note which form the Pokemon is in.
I've fixed up Rotom to use the correct terminology, and added Basculin's forms as they're used by in-game Trainers. If there are any other Pokémon missing in the template, that are used by in-game Trainers, we'll add them later.

I've fixed up Rotom to use the correct terminology, and added Basculin's forms as they're used by in-game Trainers. If there are any other Pokémon missing in the template, that are used by in-game Trainers, we'll add them later.

Thank you.

Under Infernape's egg moves for Encore, Vigoroth's image is listed twice. Once where he should be, and once in place of dewott.

Where exactly are you finding this error? I took a look at Infernape's page, but Vigoroth's and Dewott's menu sprites appear just as they should.
Huh. It appears to be fine now, but it wasn't the case earlier.
ZDmlHLM.jpg

A query about the Psuedo-legendary Pokemon page. Pseudo-legendary Pokémon - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Under Users, and Tyranitar, it states that Blue only uses a Tyranitar in the Elite Four rematches in FireRed & LeafGreen, but according to Blue's page, he uses a Tyranitar in the HeartGold & SoulSilver rematches at the Fighting Dojo. Blue (game) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

It's a small nitpick, but I thought it may be worth mentioning!

Back
Top Bottom