• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

EDITING OF BULBAPEDIA HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY DISABLED DUE TO SERVER STRESS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BULBAPEDIA HAS BEEN LOCKED DOWN FOR NON-ADMINS TO PREVENT SERVER STRESS

I'm going to blog this shortly, but for the record, since people are going to wonder....

The addition of the 3rd server wasn't enough, basically.

With only 2 servers, we handled our regular load during the week fine, but when we hit the weekly peak load, you'd get the 503's.

With 3 servers, we have CPU load to spare, but when we hit weekly peak load...we're still fine, barely.

But this isn't weakly peak load, which averages out at 5 times normal load. This is launch fever load, which is something like 20+ times normal load. Is that going to slaughter us? You bet it will, and probably every other major Pokémon fansite out there for that matter.

Turning off Bulbapedia edits quite literally halves our server load during a period like this. Even with Bulbapedia locked down though, we're still a little sluggish right now, and the games aren't even out yet. We will be doing everything in our power to stop things from going down, and to remain a resource for everyone during this period, so don't panic.

I'm still getting 503s and 504s. But it definitely is better then Pt.

EDIT: Also, do you think that we'll have the issues with a certain site (PP) this year? I surely hope not.

Hey anything to ensure smooth site function during HGSS release.

Atleast this isn't Gen V release with people wanting to add the english names to anything and everything

Archer, Ariana, Petrel, and Proton beg to differ, as does the Pokéathlon.

But yes, with this being the issue for HGSS in English, just imagine what Gen V will be like, both Japanese and English. I propose we fortify the servers as much as we damn well can during the summer.

Archer, Ariana, Petrel, and Proton beg to differ, as does the Pokéathlon.

But yes, with this being the issue for HGSS in English, just imagine what Gen V will be like, both Japanese and English. I propose we fortify the servers as much as we damn well can during the summer.
This should really help for all those people that are wanting information and help while they play through HeartGold and SoulSilver. Since it is a remake it shouldn't be too bad and there shouldn't be much to change.

Yes, and I hope the Rocket Admin names do differ as those are quite cheesy names compared to their original Japanese names.

I can't begin to imagine Generation V though it is going to be interesting when we have to create 100+ new Pokemon pages. I agree that we should fortify the server over the Summer as it will give us some break time between games to do so.

Cheesy, but they still stay along the same naming scheme. The English version has leaked, those are indeed the real names.

I knew it :p
Yesterday, a single page was taking more than 20/30 seconds to load.
Anyway, I'll be waiting till its fixed (like everyone else). :D

Re: BULBAPEDIA HAS BEEN TAKEN OVER BY TEAM ROCKET

Waiting until it's fixed is going to be a long time.

All server power is going toward finding Giovanni!

Isn't it a bit early for April Fools?

YOU'LL NEVER GET AWAY WITH THIS, TEAM ROCK-

Oh, wait, I can still edit things. Does this mean I've lost my Twerp status?

Whatever. Carry on.

Awesome guys, keep it up!

What? Team Rocket doing something for the good of us all? Unheard of!

Team Rocket? Good? :O I'm gonna try to wake up...Even though it's impossible

Foolish non-believers! They have the sheer audacity to defy the mighty hand of Giovanni?! Bah! Steal Pokemon for profit! Exploit Pokemon for profit! All Pokemon exist for the glory of Team Rocket! Until we can find Giovanni, you must serve under the rule of the all-powerful Director of Greatness, Archer!

Waiting until it's fixed is going to be a long time.

All server power is going toward finding Giovanni!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... :banghead:
Long time? Doesn't sound good :banana:

:unworthy:

Blah blah blah Evil Team Rocket servicing stuff Blah blah blah.
Giovanni, you helpful fiend! For your amicable transgressions, face the combined wrath of Murder-Karp and Flim-Flammin' SEAKING!

Spr_3e_129.gif
Spr_3e_119.gif

ATTENTION: THE TEAM ROCKET FIX OF BULBAPEDIA IS GOING SMOOTHLY AND WITH NO ERRORS.

20091201_fixitfixitfixitfixit.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom