• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Editorial: Why Nintendo needs to go region free: Over 22,000 people support petition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Editorial: Why Nintendo needs to go region free: Over 22,000 people support petit

What I don't understand about the locks is why you can't play with people with another region 3DS over the wireless. I've tried to play LoZ 4-Swords and Mario Tennis with my friends, but it won't work. I hope PM XY will still be compatible over the wireless, because I plan to get a Japanese Y version and an English X version.

I've also be happy if Nintendo could distribute download content to all languages. I'm still not happy that America got a Deoxys (was it?) but the Japanese games got none. I know that since the games were released at different dates, the Pokemon distributions are not synched, but this problem will disappear with PM XY which are released at the same time all over the world; so there will no longer be any reason for separating the distributions.

When it comes to locked consoles, Nintendo only think about $$$$$$$$ and expect us to buy a console from each region we want to play games from, but they don't understand they only lose by doing this. I refused to buy a Wii because of the region lock (though my parents got me a Wii later) and I've still gotten no Wii-U. I bought a European 3DS so that I could play with my friends (though 4-Sword's not available any more) but just because it was an XL and I collect different handhelds (except for DSi, and guess why).

Re: Editorial: Why Nintendo needs to go region free: Over 22,000 people support petit

What I don't understand about the locks is why you can't play with people with another region 3DS over the wireless. I've tried to play LoZ 4-Swords and Mario Tennis with my friends, but it won't work. I hope PM XY will still be compatible over the wireless, because I plan to get a Japanese Y version and an English X version.
Odd that Four Swords and Mario Tennis are language-locked. Four Swords is DSiWare, and the Gen V Pokemon games can communicate with Gen V games of any language perfectly fine. Mario Tennis is a 3DS game, and pretty much every single title with StreetPass is perfectly fine with other languages. Most DS/3DS games should be perfectly compatible despite language as well, but those are just the examples I'm most familiar with.

Pokemon X and Y absolutely must be inter-language compatible. Besides the very central idea of trading with people all over the world, the Pokemon World Championships require it. Besides, you get to pick the language you play in, so preventing inter-language communication would be insane.

I've also be happy if Nintendo could distribute download content to all languages. I'm still not happy that America got a Deoxys (was it?) but the Japanese games got none. I know that since the games were released at different dates, the Pokemon distributions are not synched, but this problem will disappear with PM XY which are released at the same time all over the world; so there will no longer be any reason for separating the distributions.
Japan got a Deoxys too, just as a local distribution, not Wi-Fi. With all games having all languages, I would be very surprised if distributions were language-locked.

Odd that Four Swords and Mario Tennis are language-locked. Four Swords is DSiWare, and the Gen V Pokemon games can communicate with Gen V games of any language perfectly fine. Mario Tennis is a 3DS game, and pretty much every single title with StreetPass is perfectly fine with other languages. Most DS/3DS games should be perfectly compatible despite language as well, but those are just the examples I'm most familiar with.

Pokemon X and Y absolutely must be inter-language compatible. Besides the very central idea of trading with people all over the world, the Pokemon World Championships require it. Besides, you get to pick the language you play in, so preventing inter-language communication would be insane.

Japan got a Deoxys too, just as a local distribution, not Wi-Fi. With all games having all languages, I would be very surprised if distributions were language-locked.

All 3ds games a required to be region locked (mostly be of the ati piracy security on the 3ds eshop chanel or what ever it called) although x and Y will have all the major pokemon didtro languages on card

All 3ds games a required to be region locked (mostly be of the ati piracy security on the 3ds eshop chanel or what ever it called) although x and Y will have all the major pokemon didtro languages on card

I'm not talking about region-locking now, I'm talking about inter-language communication and the language-locking of distributions. Currently I can pick up an English language distribution in the US with my Australian White 2 on Australian 3DS, but I can't get a Japanese language distribution with the same pairing.

Solution: send an email to the current CEO of Nintendo - yep, the one in Japan.

They said we can choose our languages within the games. That means, even if we buy an English Pokemon XY, we can choose to play it in Spanish. I say that's a hint they're readying for making the games region-free in the near future

the only thing that bug me with nintendo it pretty much region free yeah nintendo want to keep me as a fan then make a patch for 3ds to unlock them so we can play 3ds game from any region........ there one game i want ot play that so far hasn't had a release date outside japan call cardfight vanguard Ride to victory. i wouldn't mind importing it cause i can pretty much understand nearly all the cards but region lock :(

imo region lock is really more of a hinder and annoying.
It'd be great if game companies in general abolished this. There are better ways to circumvent piracy... and it means I can't buy anything digital when I'm on holidays.

yes what to say if nintendo get ride of region lock if companies decide to keep the region lock on the game carts?

frankly if one of two thing happen

1 region lock is remove and past 3ds and dsi have a patch to remove it (would be annoying to cough up the money to replace already own 3ds that has region lock.

2 all game have the same release date every so if a game come out in April it come out in April in US Australia Japan etc.

either one is fine though the first one would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom