• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Eevee-lutions in GO

Reaction score
So I've evolved two Eevees now and both of them ended up being Vaporeons. Anyone gotten more than one Eevee-lution when evolving their Eevees? Both times I evolved them after I got back home in my room and there's a canal behind my house (so my house is like "water area"), so I'm wondering if that's why I got two Vaporeons or if there's some other reason for this.

Eeeveelutions, contrary to what the internet says, are decided randomly. I've gotten three vaporeon and one jolteon thus far, all with a variety of moves.

It is most definitely random, as best as I can tell. My evolution attempts have gone Vaporeon -> Flareon -> Vaporeon -> Flareon -> Jolteon -> Vaporeon. Though, Vaporeon is by far the strongest, and is probably one of the easiest high tier Pokemon to obtain (definitely the easiest in my area), so consider yourself better off with Vaporeon!

Speaking of Eeveelutions... Flareon was nearby a few minutes ago.

Too dark out to hunt though.

Is it just me, or are a lot of gyms controlled by Vaporeon? I was out with my family and had the app opened. Out of the 12 gyms I saw on the way to where we were going, about 9 of those gyms were controlled by Vaporeon as the main.
Vaporeon is apparently one of the strongest Pokemon in GO

Apparently, there's an easter egg in Pokemon GO as far as Eeveelutions go. You can make them evolve into the type you want by naming them with reference to the anime:
Rainer -> Vaporeon
Sparky -> Jolteon
Pyro -> Flareon

Some say that you may need to restart the app for the name change to be properly registered, before you evolve 'em.

Apparently, there's an easter egg in Pokemon GO as far as Eeveelutions go. You can make them evolve into the type you want by naming them with reference to the anime:
Rainer -> Vaporeon
Sparky -> Jolteon
Pyro -> Flareon

Some say that you may need to restart the app for the name change to be properly registered, before you evolve 'em.
I tried this and it actually worked! I didn't need to restart the app or anything.

Rainer -> Vaporeon
Sparky -> Jolteon
Pyro -> Flareon

Oh man, this is awesome! Thank you so much for this!

I know Vaporeon is apparently OP (Anyone care to explain why?) but I want a Jolteon because I absolutely adore that eeveelution. Screw da "most powerful", I just want all my favorites.

Vaporeon got a much needed nerf this week, so we'll likely see less of them guarding gyms.

Vaporeon got a much needed nerf this week, so we'll likely see less of them guarding gyms.
I don't really like nerfs but I guess this one doesn't annoy me too much.
That's because I don't have a Vaporeon or any Eevee to begin with, though.

But Vaporeon was indeed much better than the other two. And Flareon was quite better than poor Jolteon.

While Water Gun did take a big hit in DPS, it's now simply more in line with the majority of other fast moves. Vaporeon still has the upper hand because of the extremely high HP, just not quite as much as before. Despite all my strongest Pokemon essentially amounting to a Vaporeon army, I can definitely agree with toning it down a little.

Despite the balance, Thunder Shock and the Speed stat are still really weak. This keeps Jolteon rather far behind, despite it being CP-wise the currently strongest available Electric type. Unless they balance Speed to be more significant, we're gonna have to wait for the likes of some of the slower offensive Electric types like Ampharos, Luxray, and Eelektross to be released before Electric can stand tall with the other types.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom