• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Eevee's other evolutionaries have become extinct - Yay or Nay?

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Eevee's Pokédex entry for the Yellow version of Pokémon games says:

Its genetic code is unstable, so it could evolve in a variety of ways. There are only a few alive.

Is that supposed to mean that Eevee maybe had all types of evolutions in the past, and there are only a few left?

That... actually may be an interesting idea. Maybe as time goes on, more Eevee are bred and people gradually discover the evolution methods to bring back some of the extinct evolutions.

I'm pretty sure it says this because Eevee is very rare (you can only find one in the game after all) but this theory is really cool regardless.

I'm not sure how evolutions would go extinct tho, I mean the creature itself can go extinct, but it's evolutions?

I'm sure that the ways to evolve eevee have disappeared, such as the leafeon and galceon ways to evolve since there is a lack of area.

I think this just makes it easier for eevee to actually get a new way to evolve.

A Rock type Eeveelution that is a fossil Pokemon...is what this got me thinking about.

As far as the dex entry, GF has clearly retconned it (if it was to be taken seriously to begin with).

From all the games we can say Eevee is going extinct in Kanto but not Unova, but more importantly Eevee being the epitome of evolution, the description isn't saying per say its going extinct more so that it is evolving so much that there are few of the originals left, which is technically good because the goal of evolution is to improve and as animals evolve they modify and the archetypes are lost but the species is in a way still there

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom