• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Egg designs

Vulpixtail

Reaction score
as pokemon fans we know that in game pokemon eggs are shown to be white with green spots but what if in future gen they acutly make a design on the eggs relating to the pokemon in it. what would be the design?
Rules:
must be revelant to the pokemon inside the egg.
evolved pokemon allowed.
egg must be round. nothing big ejecting from it.
cant be an egg already shown in the anime.

here my list that i have

Nosepass- Blue-grey egg with red triangle in the middle
Probopass- similer to a Nosepass egg but under the red triangle but with thinly spaced lines across hafe the egg
Elekid- bright yellow egg with thick black horinzontal line going up half way up with two black spots on the side near the top
Eggucute- pale pink egg with what looks like cracks

Larvesta: starts with white at the bottom, looks like the fur it has, then changes to deep red.

Minun and Plusle- One decorated with blue minuses and one with red pluses! (Oh, that was obvious...)
Gastly- Purple egg, with gas circling around it.
Ditto- Fuchisa and Squishy Egg. But still round.
Yamask- A yellow egg with the face of the mask engraved into it.

Yes, I did take the easier ones... XD

I haven't sprited for ages. This seemed like a good excuse to do some.

hansh.png

That's all I can be bothered to do at the moment.

It's a Lickilicky.

Doduo-a brown egg with two slanting outward brown lines and a circle at the tip of each line

I would make all eggs to have colored spots on them,red for Attack,Yellow for Defense etc. and brighter the spot,the better the IV of the Pokemon inside. That would make IV breeding a lot easier.

Spheal-Blue with a peach-colored circle in the middle and white spots.
Oshawott-The color of the egg is going to be Oshawotts vest color. And there would be a scalchop pattern in the middle of the egg pattern.

He'd make an egg for all pokemon, even if they can't be bred, for the sake of programming/hackers. Hence, in the first post, Probopass.

I doubt they'd make eggs for evolved forms... it'd be a massive waste of data. just the base/baby forms...

I would make all eggs to have colored spots on them,red for Attack,Yellow for Defense etc. and brighter the spot,the better the IV of the Pokemon inside. That would make IV breeding a lot easier.
While that would certainly be nice and make very little sense otherwise, I think that it could still be hard to determine IVs. If they're not going to have 32 degrees/shades of color, then there would, most likely, be less. And having less than 32 would be a big difference, as 1 IV-point change can result in a wildly different Hidden Power power and type.

And having 32 different shades of one color for a stat, it still might be hard to pick out how high an EV is.

But I have my own solutions to my own dilemnas:
Now they could get by with 4 shades for each stat, signifying a 1, 2, 3, or 4. (Odd and even IVs determine Hidden Power type. 2's and 3's give in any IVs make Hidden Power stronger;, 1's and 4's in any IV's don't. A "0" counts as a "4." To find the Hidden Power value of a number, subtract 4 again and again until you get one of the original 4 numbers. IV's range from 0 to 31. And that's IV's in a nutshell.)
In such a case, ^^ it'd be up to you to determine how high your various IV's actually are. But at least you'd get to know their Hidden Power influences.

Last edited:
Wh? It's impossible to hatch a evolved form from an egg? and Legnedaries can't breed. they shouldn't waste data on stupid hackers who want to break their games.

It's also impossible to get a shiny Zekrom/Reshiram or Victini, but they still have shiny data.

It's also impossible to get a shiny Zekrom/Reshiram or Victini, but they still have shiny data.

Yeah but Evolved pokemon don't have egg data do they? and if they did it would be identical to their base forms... so all in all they only need to make eggs for the base forms...

guys can we stick to actulle making the pokemon egg desings then figghting about how its possible?

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom