• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Eggs in GO!

Hatched 4 5km Eggs at once

Phanpy
Vulpix
Staryu
Tangela

All of them have very good IVs, Tangela is a new species, I got a very nice Donphan and a great IV but mediocre CP Ninetales thanks to these.

2km, Abra - wonder IVs

I also managed to get 2 more 10km Eggs so I put them in the 3x Incubators as well, I'll soon be hatching 3 10km they better be good.

10km, Pineco
10km, another Pineco :D

This was nice, got enough Candy for a Forretress and it has good IVs too.
I just hope I don't hatch any more of these. There's another 10km close to hatching, then a 5km, then hopefully I'll get more 10km for the last 3 1x incubator uses.

Hatched a 97% Togepi. Now I need to walk him some more.

And it took me almost a year, but finally hatched a Porygon. Only 84% but better then the one I caught, so I will finally have a Porygon 2. And if I miraculously hatch a better Porygon by Gen4, it can become my Porygon Z.

Last edited:
Hatched another 10km, Mareep
Got some nice luck with 10km lately :D There may not be Dratini/Larvitar, but there also aren't excess Pineco/Sudowoodo/Mantine/Miltank etc.

The Anniversary Box contains 6 Incubators alongside other nice items (2 Raid Passes + PokeStop items) and costs 1200 Coins. If you're really into Egg hatching it might be worth buying, even though it's not one of the biggest sales we've seen in the game.

There have been reports of some species that didn't appear in Eggs that started appearing. Johto starters, Houndour and Teddiursa (all of them except poor Meganium are quite decent for Gyms) appear in 5km Eggs. Mantine, Gligar and maybe Pineco have dropped from 10km to 5km which is also nice as the 10km Eggs will have better chances of giving us more rare species. Finally, 2km Eggs tend to spawn more Ash Hat Pichu for the duration of the First Anniversary Event, so at least those are easier to get than I originally expected.

The Anniversary Box contains 6 Incubators alongside other nice items (2 Raid Passes + PokeStop items) and costs 1200 Coins. If you're really into Egg hatching it might be worth buying, even though it's not one of the biggest sales we've seen in the game.

There have been reports of some species that didn't appear in Eggs that started appearing. Johto starters, Houndour and Teddiursa (all of them except poor Meganium are quite decent for Gyms) appear in 5km Eggs. Mantine, Gligar and maybe Pineco have dropped from 10km to 5km which is also nice as the 10km Eggs will have better chances of giving us more rare species. Finally, 2km Eggs tend to spawn more Ash Hat Pichu for the duration of the First Anniversary Event, so at least those are easier to get than I originally expected.

That's good to hear. I've been so upset over the lack of Johto starters in the eggs. It took them way too long for that to happen, but at least I can hopefully get better hatches among the five kilometer eggs now. I've already evolved a Chikorita and Cyndaquil due to their respective type events, but I still need more Totodile candies and preferably a wonder Totodile too. Mantine being dropped down to the five kilometer eggs is definitely good since it was too common.

I've hatched a lot of eggs lately, but nothing too interesting. I've hatched a few Krabby, Magnemite, Diglett, Execute, Geodude, Lickitung, Mantine, Pineco and Dratini. At least more Pokemon for the Steel and Dragon medals are nice and I can get other Steel type by evolving Pineco, but I was so annoyed with the Mantine. At least I can hope for some better eggs in the future. Maybe I'll have a better chance of finding Larvitar or Chansey eggs now.

That's good to hear. I've been so upset over the lack of Johto starters in the eggs. It took them way too long for that to happen, but at least I can hopefully get better hatches among the five kilometer eggs now. I've already evolved a Chikorita and Cyndaquil due to their respective type events, but I still need more Totodile candies and preferably a wonder Totodile too. Mantine being dropped down to the five kilometer eggs is definitely good since it was too common.

I've hatched a lot of eggs lately, but nothing too interesting. I've hatched a few Krabby, Magnemite, Diglett, Execute, Geodude, Lickitung, Mantine, Pineco and Dratini. At least more Pokemon for the Steel and Dragon medals are nice and I can get other Steel type by evolving Pineco, but I was so annoyed with the Mantine. At least I can hope for some better eggs in the future. Maybe I'll have a better chance of finding Larvitar or Chansey eggs now.
I was also upset because Eggs are a great way to obtain Candy for species that are somewhat rare to encounter and you need 125 Candy for.

I believe that unlike the Kanto starters, for a long while, the developers wanted to give the Johto ones a different approach which is why they didn't appear in Eggs. It seems like they are all more common encounters than the Kanto ones. There was no need for an event just for them unlike the Kanto ones since we did get a Water, Grass and Fire event by now. Meanwhile the Kanto ones were available as 2km Eggs to compensate for their rarity in the wild.

Then Raid Battles hit us and the Kanto starters got their final forms available as Rank 4 Bosses while the Johto starters got their middle forms available as Rank 1 Bosses. After that happened I did believe that the differences among the ways to obtain the two sets of starters was intentional, so they would insist on keep the Johto trio out of Eggs. I must admit that this change caught me by surprise, but it is much welcome!

I'm also done with Typhlosion/Feraligatr, and the one time I could've caught a Meganium it fled :(

As for the Steel medal, I'm not basing my entire hopes on Pineco evolutions, that would take lots of Eggs for 1 Forretress register when I need 200. Magnemite are a better option because they tend to nest a lot and some biome spawns them a lot. Dragon medal is pretty much all about the Dratini line, I don't feel like farming Horsea Candy for excess Kingdra even though I do have excess Dragon Scales, using 25 at a time for XP evolutions sounds better. I've come to terms with the fact that it'll take way too long to get that medal so I'm not trying too hard for it.
Im hoping in that case to hatch a Chikorita or two so I can finally get Meganium. I'll probably pick up the gift box since it sounds nice.
I'm afraid I won't be hatching lots of 5km Eggs in the near future. I'd rather focus on 2km for the infinite use Incubator until I get the Ash Cap Pichu and 10km for the 3-shot Incubators. 5km Eggs may now have Chikorita, but they also have lots of other species I don't need, and Cyndaquil/Totodile/Mantine/Gligar were added on top of it.

I was also upset because Eggs are a great way to obtain Candy for species that are somewhat rare to encounter and you need 125 Candy for.

That's one reason why the lack of Johto Pokemon in the eggs bothered me so much. There were plenty of Kanto Pokemon that I rarely would find, but hatching them from eggs made up for that, especially when you can get a good amount of candies from the five and ten kilometer eggs.

Zexy said:
I believe that unlike the Kanto starters, for a long while, the developers wanted to give the Johto ones a different approach which is why they didn't appear in Eggs. It seems like they are all more common encounters than the Kanto ones. There was no need for an event just for them unlike the Kanto ones since we did get a Water, Grass and Fire event by now. Meanwhile the Kanto ones were available as 2km Eggs to compensate for their rarity in the wild.

Then Raid Battles hit us and the Kanto starters got their final forms available as Rank 4 Bosses while the Johto starters got their middle forms available as Rank 1 Bosses. After that happened I did believe that the differences among the ways to obtain the two sets of starters was intentional, so they would insist on keep the Johto trio out of Eggs. I must admit that this change caught me by surprise, but it is much welcome!

I'm also done with Typhlosion/Feraligatr, and the one time I could've caught a Meganium it fled :(

As for the Steel medal, I'm not basing my entire hopes on Pineco evolutions, that would take lots of Eggs for 1 Forretress register when I need 200. Magnemite are a better option because they tend to nest a lot and some biome spawns them a lot. Dragon medal is pretty much all about the Dratini line, I don't feel like farming Horsea Candy for excess Kingdra even though I do have excess Dragon Scales, using 25 at a time for XP evolutions sounds better. I've come to terms with the fact that it'll take way too long to get that medal so I'm not trying too hard for it.

That's entirely possible that they wanted to give the Johto starters a different approach. It took me awhile to find a Totodile and even during the Water event, they were pretty hard to come by, but Cyndaquil and to a lesser degree Chikorita were easily found. I got a ton of Cyndaquil from the Fire type event. If we didn't have the specific type events, I would have wanted another starter event where the Johto starters got more attention, but this works out. I was even slightly more okay with the lack of Johto starters in the eggs given that the middle stages are easy Raid Bosses. They seem to be really hard to capture, but at least that option is available. The egg option is still better. At least I can finally get a wonder Totodile and more candies for the other starters would be good if I want to level them up some more.

Magnemite are much easier for the Steel type medal. I just see Pineco as being more useful as a ten kilometer Pokemon than something like Mantine because of that. It would still take a lot of Pineco to make a dent in the medal, but it at least can help. I don't know if I'll ever get the Dragon medal covered, but it will probably just take a long time since there are few Dragon types within the first few generations.

Please note: The thread is from 6 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom