• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review Where Are You Going, Eevee? - Eevee learns how to Mantine Surf!

I thought this episode where Eevee is going to landed in Alola. I was wrong, Well, hope in episode 4 it finally reach the mainland of the region in Melemele Island.

So I guess we don't get a surfer Ash episode then.

...Your call if that is a loss or not to have a sequel to old PiKahuna.

You know, I was wondering when or if Mantine Surf was gonna show up...

But I'm glad it was Eevee who got to do it, because I was expecting it to end up being just another "PE" episode where they play every single Trope completely straight:

Ash - "I'm going to be the BEST Mantine Surfer Alola has EVER seen!!!" (gets knocked off by a Sharpedo before even reaching the wave)
Kiawe - (spends the first 5 minutes of the episode hamming up the screen and getting pumped up about this Alolan tradition, only to wipe out on the first attempt) "HELP!!! I'm drowning!!!" (Mantine rescues him) "I guess I'm just not that good with Water Pokémon after all..."
Lillie - (screams upon seeing the wave, but tries to keep calm, and even though she doesn't try any tricks, she manages to stick the landing, and Snowy is proud of her)
Lana - (pulls off several flips, Primarina Twists, and Starmie 720s like nothing. Ash & Kiawe are stunned & mortified)
And then Team Rocket tries to steal all the Mantine, only for Bewear to surf in on his own Mantine and save the day.

Last edited:
Ah, my heart-this is too adorable. I never would have thought such preciousness could come from an Eevee and Mantine. Eevee's flips & jumps remind me of Serena's as well.

And seeing Mantine Surf for the first time was pretty nice. I still hope an actual episode is dedicated to it however, amazing theme and all.

That Eevee is a full surfer stereotype now. He's probably calling others "dude" all the time.

You know, I was wondering when or if Mantine Surf was gonna show up...
So I guess we don't get a surfer Ash episode then.

My idea was that Mantine Surfing was going to be used to introduce Lana's dad...Apparently not.

Your call if that is a loss or not to have a sequel to old PiKahuna.

Seeing Puka still alive after "x" years in universe and 21 years in real life would damper the impact of that episode.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom