• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Electivire VS Magmortar

Necrozma

Formerly known as Tsu
Reaction score
electivire.png
VS
The_Legacy_of_SD13$3.png

Can't believe we still didn't have these two. All the way from Gen I, to their pre-evos in gen II, up to their ultimate evolutions in gen IV. Which one is better?

EDIT:
1. Which one has a better design?
2. Which one do you prefer in-game?
3. Which one would win the battle?

I personally prefer Electivire for its ability and as the user above stated, Earthquake would kill Magmortar.

Last edited:
I much prefer Electivire, because of the Electric typing, it's movepool, and it's superior battling ability.

E-vire looks way cooler. Magmortar looks like magmar became a couch potato.

Hard to say who would win a battle though. I'd think E-vire, due to a powerful earthquake he could launch.

Looks like I'm in the minority...again!

I much prefer Magmortar. It's design and name is way cooler than Electivire's.

And it has CANNONS for arms. How anybody couldn't like that I will never know...

Both suck Magmortar. It has a creeper's charm and cannon arms. But Electivire is more creative.
Competitive: Electivire
In-game: Magmortar because it can hatch eggs!
Electivire. Higher Speed+Earthquake.

They're both ugly sons of bitches that don't deserve to be associated with their millions more badass pre-evolutions. Electabuzz and Magmar must be ashamed.

Still, out of the two, I prefer Electivire. It has a much better design (though it still sucks) and a better ability. It even has a better movepool. I use Magmortar more though, mostly to hatch eggs. But in a battle, I'd much rather rely on E-Vire.

I knew this comparison was coming, LOL.

I'm not jumping on the hate bandwagon that seems to be present, because I actually kinda like the two. My preference, though, goes to Electivire; I never cared too much for the Fire type in general. Plus, who doesn't love Motor Drive? The victims.

Vire would also obviously win in a battle, due to higher Speed, Earthquake, and the Attack stat to use it.

Design? Electivire. One of my favorite pokemon designs of all time, in between Scizor and Gallade maybe :s.
In Game? I almost always pick the fire starter, so I dont need another one. Evire wins this one too.
Whod win the battle? Well, their types arent super effective against each other, but Electivire can use Earthquake to pwn Magmortar. I really don't know Magmortars movepool that well, so idk what he can do.

If Magmortar somehow survives, it could try to retaliate with its own Earthquake, but its Attack isn't as high as Electivire's, and since it's almost always purely SPecial-based, it's not likely to carry that move.

Electivire hand's down. Better design, better movepool.

Though had it gained the fighting type upon evolution, it would have been 100% unadulterated WIN.

Just my opinion.

Fighting fits too I guess, both of these scream dark to me. I think that the black lines all over Electivire make it look dark, while Magmortar just looks like an evil volcano dwelling pokemon. Fighting works with Electivire too.

Would have been sweet if it was part Fighting-type; it certainly learns a lot of Fighting-type moves. Brick Break, Low Kick, Cross Chop, and more!

Then again, Magmortar's on a similar boat, move-wise.

Better design: Magmortar. It shoots fire out of its arm cannons.

Better in-game: Electivire. It's a bit faster than Magmortar, even though it's slower than its pre-evolved form

Who would win the battle: Electivire. It can outspeed Magmortar and KO with Earthquake.

Anything but Electivire. If that means Magmortar, so be it.

Looks like I'm in the minority...again!

I much prefer Magmortar. It's design and name is way cooler than Electivire's.

And it has CANNONS for arms. How anybody couldn't like that I will never know...

Thank you! And for those who say electivire can use a powerful earthquake, so can magmortar...

Thank you! And for those who say electivire can use a powerful earthquake, so can magmortar...

Except Electivire is faster and has a better Attack stat, so it would defeat Magmortar 80% of the time, at least.

They're both ugly bastards that both suck compared to there awesome pre-evoloutions. In my opinion, Magmar has more potential then Magmortar anyway, but i'm not going to pick Electivire because of that anyway. Electivire looks like Electabuzz did it with Slaking, and Magmortar looks like it got lazy and now relies on cannons.

Despite Electivire has better potential and Magmortar has better design and name, I'll pick neither.

Magmortar because I think the cannon arms are badass.

Evire

Hm tough choice...undecided.

Overall I like Evire more, it was actually on my first competitive battling team in 4th gen.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom