• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Contest Electivire VS Magmortar

Silverwynde

#UnovaConfirmed
Reaction score
Pronouns
She/her/hers
For me, the choice is easy: Electivire.

Design wise, I like it a lot more than Magmortar, which is just utterly unappealing. Add to that a nice Attack stat and a good movepool and there you go. That and it's shiny is so adorable that it hurts. I mean, the first time I saw it I had to have it; it looked so sweet and huggable. So Electivire FTW!

Yes, I think Electivire is cute. So sue me.

Ghetsis-Dennis

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Electivire is pretty much better than Magmortar in terms of both design, movepool, and battle. If only Magmortar was given Earth Power and Scald.

Camille

Call of Fate
Reaction score
Don't care for either of them nor for their pre-evolved forms.

Orchid

remarkably unremarkable
Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him
I like both of them quite a lot and almost equally (I even had both of them on my team during my last Platinum run), but if I really had to pick just one, then probably Electivire.

I think Magmortar's movepool is a little bit shallow, though maybe not quite as bad as some other pure Fire-types. Meanwhile, Electivire can get Wild Charge, the elemental punches, and lots of Fighting-type moves, which makes it much more versatile IMO.

Plus I'm just attached to Electivire because a certain favorite character of mine owns one :Р

Artuditwo

Cinccino and the summer of power! (see my profile)
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/they
Magmortar looks derppy and has a nice shiny, Electrivire is ok, but in my opinion magmortar is better

Reaction score
Pronouns
any/all
Electivire's power is disappointing compared to its versatile moveset, so I'll have to go with Magmortar.

Master-Trainer

Reaction score
electivire.png
VS
The_Legacy_of_SD13$3.png

Can't believe we still didn't have these two. All the way from Gen I, to their pre-evos in gen II, up to their ultimate evolutions in gen IV. Which one is better?

EDIT:
1. Which one has a better design?
2. Which one do you prefer in-game?
3. Which one would win the battle?

I personally prefer Electivire for its ability and as the user above stated, Earthquake would kill Magmortar.
hey electivire can get ded by earthquake too you know

Top Bottom