• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Elemental Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Startup Post (Please Read)
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
The students sat in a large auditorium with two levels of comfortable burgundy chairs, each with its own ivory folding table. The buttermilk walls and sable ceiling reverberating the voices of both humans and pokémon. In the seats that numbered over a thousand, only a small couple hundred were filled, each with a freshman student or their pokémon. On the sable stage stood only a handful of the professors and the headmaster, the second layer of burgundy curtains closed. It was a perfect auditorium for large lectures and shows, and at this current moment was about to begin the introduction to the school for the freshman students.

The headmaster stepped up to the mic, tapping it lightly to get the attention of the auditorium. Immediately the students quieted. In his early 50s and looking more like late 30s/early 40s, Aiden Ementa had that kind of presence. And he used it well. “Welcome to Elemental Academy. Here you will learn how to be a trainer. Coordinating, battling, ranger duty, styling, performing. You name it and we teach it. Of course, you all already knew that,” he chuckled earning some from the students as well. “Let’s face it. There is no point to this other than being forced and explaining what you can read in your packets or have already read. So, sorry for the boring reiteration of the simple stuff. Classes will work depending on the specific teacher, so I have nothing to say about that. Dorms are done by majors, and unless you requested for a roommate, you have your own dorm room in your major’s dorm. In your room, you will find a coat of your size in your dorms color, with its representative pokémon on the back. You are only required to wear this at major events. You will also find a pin representing your dorm in your room. This you must wear always and it must be visible.”

“Each dorm has its own cafeteria. Breakfast is served by us here, as is dinner. You also can make your own food in the kitchens. And of course, we trust you all to be responsible adults, and thus we do not see a reason to ban you from each other’s kitchens and dorms. Lunch and dinner will be served in the main building, which is what we are in. Each room has its own shower and toilet. And every building has public bathrooms.”

“And now that the building stuff is out of the way. On to the more exciting stuff. As you know until you graduate and receive your license, you are not supposed to have more than one, at most two under special circumstances, pokémon. However, as a student at the school, you will be allowed to surpass this limit for learning purposes, and at times we will be doing competitions in which you can win pokémon or eggs, and of course items such as the very expensive evolutionary stones. And to prepare you for the competitive world of being a trainer there will be competitions between dorms, and ones that are by choice. Healthy competitions that is.”

“Lastly in your packets you will have found that a professor’s name is labeled as Guardian for you. This is your advisor and guide while you are a student here. When you are in trouble, we ask that you go to this particular professor. And those of you that received Nagato, I suggest you start an exercise regimen. With that you may leave. Go to your rooms where we have already placed your things inside of. Unpack, and then return here for tonight’s dinner, which is one of the rare mandatory ones. You can follow your maps to your dorms, but let’s face it. Things like a bright red or green building should be pretty easy to find. Good evening for now and I look forward to getting to know at least a few of you. Oh, and good luck.” With that he leaves the stage, and devious smile on his face.

The dorms are all similar to a point. The color schemes being the color of the major, the representative pokémon being place in places. Despite the fact this should seem gaudy or clash, it is well done and each dorm looks magnificent. Each with its own library, computer room, rec rooms. And of course, each has its own unique rooms for that specific major. Such as a styling room for the stylists.

Each dorm room is colored schemed beautifully as well. They are just the perfect size for a student. Room for extra things, but the most important stuff already there. A bed, of course, a tv in the wall, with the ability to hook things up to it, a desk and comfortable chair, closet, bathroom, and a bookshelf with plenty of room in the wall. And a window. Wouldn’t want a fire hazard after all. And every new student’s things were in their room, their coat hanging in the closet, and the pin on the desk.

Once one unpacked, it would be time for dinner. The cafeteria easily rivaled the auditorium in sound. Design was completely different however. The floor was tiles of many colors, each with an elemental symbol in it. The walls changed in color, each being the major’s colors, their pokémon in the strips, and the ceiling an onyx, bright lights illuminating the whole room. It was colorful, and tables were simple wood, with simple chairs that were just comfortable enough, wooden as well. And when the freshman entered they would realize that the only tables free with room, were those in the middle. The upperclassmen had isolated them.

Each table has lines of food on it. A buffet with all kinds of things, each looking delicious, and smelling it as well. However, the upperclassmen of course snickered and watched the freshman.

((Sorry this took so long. I went away on a trip for four days and didn’t have pc access while away, and then I kind of had two days of work which I passed out after so I didn’t get online via PC at all, and as you can see, my phone was not an option. Anyways just have your students unpack in your rooms, and then head to the cafeteria to eat. And for those brave enough to ignore the snickering, the food is probably some of the best you have ever tasted. Also feel free to have some random NPCs interact with them in the dorms or cafeteria if you want. Also everyone will have the teacher Nagato Conversano as their guide, which is exclusive to us RPers. Guess we better start planning some exercise routines :p ))

@Max1996 @Neosquid @Kamen_Fanatic @Naoto @WolfOwl @Kana-chan @Prez @Lone_Garurumon @MatrixChap

Last edited:
After listening to the principal's speech, Max went to his dorm room. After entering it, Max looks around
the grey room before he begins unpacking his stuff and putting it away, before going to the cafeteria to have dinner.

Cyras simply walked into his dorm, and set down a couple briefcases without unpacking. He was hungry, so he went to eat.

He followed his nose (and the signs) and went to the cafeteria.

Meteora entered her room with a smile. While green wasn’t her favorite color, she loved how nice the room was. And it wasn’t completely green. It was matched with white, and she had no doubt other dorms would have complementary colors with the main color. It was beautifully blended. Since there was plenty of time until dinner, she began unpacking, putting her clothes in the closet, tossing on the hooded light coat over her shirt, and pinning the pin to the front. They weren’t told to wear the coat, but she felt like it anyways. Brown cargos and a black t-shirt went with everything anyways. She smiled once she finished unpacking, her favorite soccer ball on the desk on a stand, her road racer leaning against the wall, and her bookshelf filled with some books she enjoyed reading. Oh, and of course her laptop on the desk. And all was finished just in time for dinner.

Opening her door, she found a tall man leaning on the wall next to it. His hair was long and red like hers, and his eyes a hazel green, a pansage on his shoulder. Students passed by, upperclassmen, greeting him. Immediately she recognized her uncle, a professor at the school. “How long were you waiting here?” she asked him.

“Just got here actually. Figured you would be done unpacking by now. And figured I would do you a favor and feed Desarm for you,” he told her, plucking the pokeball from around her neck, the pansage, jumping onto her shoulder.

“And why is Basil on my shoulder?”

“Thought you would want some pokémon company while eating.”

“Why not Waya?”

“He’s been lazy.”

“Please we both know it’s because Waya won’t play spy for you if I ask him not to. But Basil and everyone else would. After all I don’t have them wrapped around my finger like Waya. Why are you spying on your students?”

“For fun.”

“You’re full of it.”

“Maybe. But it doesn’t matter. Enjoy dinner Meteora. I’ll see you later. Oh, and if you want to have some fun, then tell everyone your name is Ryuusei. Let’s see what effect gender confusion has.”

“I don’t think it would change anything,” she shrugged, leaving him laughing as he walked away.

With a shake of her head she began walking to the cafeteria, noticing that the upperclassmen seemed to have disappeared in the dorm. Of course, she quickly figured out why when she entered the cafeteria. “Seriously? Hazing? I hope the hazing is just simply forcing us together.” Sitting down at the table she made herself a plate of rigatoni with spicy marinara sauce. Taking a bite, she immediately recognized the deliciousness. “I get the feeling they think we’ll overeat tonight,” she told Basil, watching as the pansage made himself a plate, the food made to be eaten by both human and pokémon.

Duncan took his time walking to his room, taking in the sights of the dorm. Due to this he accidentally knocked into a girl. “Sorry” he apologized, noticing a furfrou next to the girl.

“It’s fine. What happened to your sableye?” she asked him, looking at the gemless dark ghost.

“Accident when I was young. I love your furfrou. The diamond trim is absolutely magnificent. Not a hair out of place.”

“Thank you. It’s my favorite. I just wish I could make her shine a bit more, like a real diamond,” she sighed woefully.

“I know how to do that…but maybe I shouldn’t…”

“Come on you have to tell me,” she grabbed his arm. “Do you really have a way to make it seem like the fur is shining.”

“I don’t know if it is okay here. I mean back home we did it all the time, and it natural ingredients.”

“We’re allowed things like that.”

“Then I guess I could…” he said hesitatingly. He reached into a messenger bag he had on him, pulling out a small bottle of powder. “It’s just sample size, like one time use…but it does make a pokemon shine like a milotic’s scales.”

“You can’t get more, if it works?”

“I can. If you’re sure it’s okay with the school and you like it, then I could get more. My family runs a farm so we always have the materials on hand, within reason of course. Though this generally lasts for two weeks. Mix it with water and use it like shampoo and they just look beautiful.”

“If it works I would gladly pay you plenty for it.”

Duncan smiled sticking out his hand. “Duncan Sage, Freshman. I hope it works for you. I would love to see such a perfect trim shine.”

“Miranda Jones, third year,” she shook his hand, taking the bottle. “I’ll see you around,” she smiled before walking off.

“Joker this will be easy,” he told his sableye, walking into his room and unpacking. He didn’t really have much, and thus he was left with extra time before dinner. So, he laid down on his bed and started to read one of his favorite books until it was time, and then like others, headed to the main cafeteria, pin pinned to shirt.

Miranda must have given her furfrou a bath already, because he saw it shining like a milotic’s scales, causing a smile to cross his face. He took note of the snickering upperclassmen, and the tables in the center. He couldn’t help but feel something was up. Luckily giving Miranda that sample had her walk up to him. “Don’t worry, nothing should be wrong with the food. One of the professors cooked it, and there are those that over eat and end up with stomach aches the next day, or stuck in the bathroom. Just try to contain yourself. Oh, and careful of anything that might use wine alcohol to be made. I have actually seen someone get drunk once from eating so much of stuff like that.”

“Which professor made it?”

“Nagato Conversano.”

“That explains the exercise comment in the ceremony. Thanks. So, no one spiked anything or anything like that then?”

“Can’t promise that. There are some idiots here.”

With a nod, and a goodbye, he went and sat down, making himself a plate of food. The moment he took a bite, he didn’t want to stop eating. Compared to the food he ate at home, which was basically the simple things he could cook, this was heaven. “What do you think Joker?” he asked looking over at the sableye, only to see his mouth full. “I’ll take that as a you love it. Well I guess this school is going to be quite interesting.”

After unpacking her stuff, Lucia decided not to go down to the cafeteria just yet. She still needed a bit of time to collect herself.

"Yeah, giant red building, he wasn't kidding. This place is pretty hard to miss." Grant said to himself as he came into the dorms. "Whoa... That's... Red." He said as he actually got inside. It wasn't glaring or anything, just sudden.
"Heh, yeah, that happens to a lot of people." Some random girl with a Kabutops told him. "You get used to it."
"I hope so."

-------------

"OK, let's see... Here it is." He said as he reached the room set out for him. "Hey! Marluxia! Quit admiring the pictures of Scizor and get in here!" His words snapped the Scyther out of his trance. "Seriously man, the sooner we find a Metal Coat so you can evolve the easier things'll be." Then he saw what was on one of the walls of his room. "Oh, god dammit!" He cried at the huge picture of Scizor hung on the wall, receiving the predicted result of entrancement from the Mantis Pokemon. And so, receiving absolutely no help from Marluxia, Grant began to unpack, just the standard stuff; clothes, a book or two, you know. Once he was done he went to make his way down to dinner, after putting on the pin of course. "Marluxia, you've got two options: sit here and stare at that picture, or come down to dinner, since I'm not bringing any back." That got his attention, Marluxia reached the cafeteria even quicker than Grant did.

------------

As he reached the cafeteria, Grant noticed how the later years had only left one table open. "Assholes" he muttered to himself as he sat down near a few others. "Hey, I'm Grant." he said "And this is Marluxia." he added after receiving a death glare from next to him.

Cyras simply looked at the food. He didn't know or care about where to sit. He just wanted a big meal.
"They have everything here... wow..."

After looking around at the available food in the cafeteria, Max took a plate and put various foods he liked on it, before sitting at one of the tables. When he tries a bite of the food, he's stunned by how delicious it is.

Niari walked to her dorm room. She was disappointed to be reminded that it was blue, as although she didn't mind the color, she'd have much rather have had a purple dorm room like the breeders.

After unpacking her stuff, she exited the dorm room and began walking to the cafeteria. She sighed when she noticed some other people walking there too, talking to each other in groups.

"Bet I'll be unpopular here too..." she muttered to herself. Reaching into her purse, she took out a cigarette and lit it up. Almost immediately after putting it to her mouth, Wibber, her Spinarak, popped out of her Poke Ball and climbed onto her shoulder.

"You sure have gotten fond of second hand, haven't you, girl?" giggled Niari, blowing a puff of smoke into the spider's face. "Eh, you should be fine since you're a poison-type, right?"

She walked in the cafeteria and went to get her food. She saw all this fancy stuff but wasn't really interested in it, settling on some pizza, fries and soda. She sighed when she realized there was only one table left open, taking an end seat.

"So you're all newbies too, huh?" said Niari, taking another hit of her cigarette. "Name's Niari, and this little girl here is my precious Wibber." Upon being mentioned, Wibber looked up from the fries she was devouring and shrieked in the direction of the other new students, spraying some bits of fries over the table.

"Manners, honey!" Niari giggled, smacking Wibber on the head.

"Meteora, and this is Basil though he's not my partner," Meteora introduced herself. While not bothered by Wibbers spray of food, Meteora recoiled at the smell of the cigarette smoke.

"Duncan. Joker is my sableye," Duncan greeted them, not bothered by well anything.

Pandora and Elysium sat across from each other, eating their meals in relative silence. The twins had decided to let their Fraxure and Doublade out, respectively. Ellie noticed the commotion at the neighboring table, however, and paused, glancing at them from the corner of her eye.

"Fascinating," she murmured to her sister, who simply scoffed and crossed her arms.

"Yeah, right. The only thing you find fascinating are steel types." Pandora deadpanned, taking another bite of her croissant. Ellie, in response, continued eating.

"...Well, you're not wrong."

After finishing his plate of food, Max went back to fill two more plates, for his Pokemon. After going back to the table, he lets his Pokemon, a Sceptile and a Greninja, out of their Pokeballs. Immediately, they begin eating.
"Does it taste good?" he asks them, to which they bod nod.

Cyras walked over to a table. He carried four plates stuffed with food. He was ready to dig in. Of course, Shard wanted to eat as well, so Cyras let the Sneasel have a plate. "Eat up, Shard!"

Touko Kenshin had walked around a bit after she had finished unpacking to get her familiarize with the layout of the place. Once she was done, she went to the cafeteria for some food. Once there, Touko's tengu-geta-clad footsteps echoed on the linoleum floors.

The Ecruteakian with the fruit tree yukata gathered food for herself in the form of an bowl of rice with tempura and hard boiled eggs and a separate oden. She also grabbed some fatty tuna sushi and a slab of marble beef.

With the balancing skills of a Hitmontop, Touko took her food to a table, and she put the plate with the sushi and marble beef on the ground, and whistled. The doors burst open, and a blur of green flew in, ran up the walls and along the ceiling, and landed near the food as gently as a falling leaf in autumn, revealing the blur to be a Scyther wearing a white muffler and arm sheathes.

Touko took out a 8 score card, getting an annoyed "harrumph" from the Mantis Pokémon.

----

Lottie meanwhile walked inside with a novel, ignoring the Scyther's display of Agility prowess. The dark-skinned bookworm grabbed a cappuccino, some tea cake, and a few breakfast sandwiches. Her Clefairy was carrying a stack of pancakes drizzled with maple syrup, given some strawberries and dusted with powder sugar.

"Yeah. It helps take the edge off. Meeting new people is so scary!" moaned Niari. "Maybe you should try some yourself." She blew some smoke in Grant's direction.

She turned around to witness the Scyther's acrobat stunt.

"Why can't you do that?" she complained, leering at Wibber. Wibber pouted.

"Ugh." Grant made a face as he tried to wave the smoke out of his face. He then proceeded to mutter some rather inappropriate things about Niari. He wasn't sure if she'd heard what he'd said or not, but honestly, he didn't care. He did see that other Scyther doing his acrobatics. "Heh, looks like ya got some competition buddy." He said while elbowing Marluxia. Marluxia narrowed his eyes at Touko's Scyther.

The Scyther looked at the other Scyther with a bored look, then snorted in contempt and undid his sheathes and began eating.

"Murakumo-kun, behave." Touko said, smacking her Mantis Pokémon on the head with a kernel of rice. Murakumo snorted once more then licked the rice kernel up and spun in place for a second, his sharp arm blades singing in the air. The marble beef soon fell apart into chewable portions. Stabbing one, he flung it into his mouth, a face of bliss on Murakumo's face.

Touko gave him a 9. Murakumo stuck his tongue out in response.

Niari watching Murakumo slice up his food reminded her of how she was working with Wibber to perfect her Cross Poison technique. A week in, and the String Spit Pokemon could barely even sever a tree branch with a slash from her poison-coated claws. Her jealousy was getting to her a bit.

"Your bug's got some slick moves, I'll give you that." Niari said to Touko with a serious look on her face. "But is it enough to hold its own in battle verses my Wibber?" Wibber, glancing at the mantis, immediately scurried underneath the table and cowered, perhaps partially due to her awareness of the type disadvantage her owner had forgotten. Occasional forgetfulness of the type chart aside, Niari was confident she had enough tricks up her sleeve to have a shot at winning.

Last edited:
"The Scyther is rather adept with its impressive feats," Ellie commented offhandedly. Pandora simply sank in her seat with a sigh.

"Yeah, but it's kinda snobby. I don't think I'd ever want one like that for a partner."

Pandora's Fraxure happily devoured its food. Ellie's Doublade, on the other hand, could only float beside the dragon-type. He had no discernible mouth, after all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom