• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Elemental Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
After using her camera's self timer to photograph herself, Nagato, and Wibber standing on top of the fainted Boldore with the lake in the background, Niari walked back to where the others were waiting. She had left before the others had finished their battles, but she naturally took her sweet time getting back, photographing everything of even slight interest to her.

She wanted to talk to that nice boy Duncan she had talked to the previous day, but he was not there.

"Hehe, maybe that boy's blind Sableye really does affect his battle time." she snickered to herself. Looking for someone else to talk to, she noticed that girl who had ditched her the day before.

"Hey, if it isn't Radisha. I'll have you know I took not one, not two, but three whole showers today." said Niari confidently, having gotten her facts confused regarding why Radon had left the table the other day. "Pretty impressive, huh? Have I redeemed myself to you?"

"Nice to meet you..." Abby trailed off, "I'm Abigail. Thank you for the cookie." she took a bite of the cookie. It was rather delicious, so she smiled. "This is pretty great." Tiny gobbled up his cookie before looking at Audrey with 'puppy eyes', expecting another cookie. He was a glutton for food.

"You're welcome!" Audrey said brightly as she fed Tiny another cookie. "And it's nice to meet you Abigail." She looked around. "I think I'm already starting to love this place."

Looking for someone else to talk to, she noticed that girl who had ditched her the day before.
"Hey, if it isn't Radisha. I'll have you know I took not one, not two, but three whole showers today." said Niari confidently, having gotten her facts confused regarding why Radon had left the table the other day. "Pretty impressive, huh? Have I redeemed myself to you?"

Radon look upped from where she was sitting seeing Niari speaking to her.
"Whelp, guess I've been noticed," she thought to herself. "Lana, it's time to get up."
Her shiny Espeon, Lana got off her lap as Radon stood up and dusted herself.
She look at Niari and said; "My name's Radon. Radon Nevermore, please try to get it right next time. It's understandable though, because my name is super super rare."
She continued on saying; "I don't care about your shower schedule, but that is a waste of water."
Lana jump on to her shoulder almost knocking her hood off again. Then Radon adjusted it.
"Also, what is this about redeeming yourself to me?" She asked.

Last edited:
"I'm talking about why you left the table the other day..." Niari said. "Oh, that's right, that Duncan boy suspected you were shy. Is that true?"

Radon turned around tugging her hood.
"Maybe you could of thought I had somewhere to go," Radon replied trying to hide her face. "I live off-campus, I know you don't know that though."
She lied, she didn't had anywhere else to go before her mother was done. She doesn't want Niari to know she doesn't want friends.
"Why am I struggling with words? I'm a prodigy, this shouldn't be happening to me," She thought to herself.

"Hehe, looks like I hit the nail on the head!" giggled Niari, Radon's reaction giving her an answer to her question. She darted around to Radon's frontside. "Geez, try to chill, girl. You can't just go to university and be by yourself all the time, where's the fun in that? You could hang out with me if you wanted, I'm trying to make some friends here..."

She walked a few steps away for a second, pacing back and forth, trying to think of an idea for something to do.

"Oooh, I know! Why don't we go out to the city today, after classes are done? I've been wanting to check that place out ever since I got here, I hear it's one hell of a place!" she said, beaming at the thought. "I was driven through it to get here, I never got a chance to stop...so lame." She wondered if she should go with someone else too, or if Radon would be too uncomfortable to go in a group....assuming the hooded girl even wanted to go in the first place.

Upon coming face to face with her opponent, Lucia sighed. A Phantump. She knew it was a grass type. So, partnered up against her Jellicent, there would definitely be problems. Though, Phantump was another type as well, wasn't it?

Pulling out a Great Ball, the young woman let out her Pokemon, the large and round blue Pokemon clearly excited to be out.

"Alright, Pringles," she said, smirking slightly. "This little tree can't hurt you, right?"

Pringles replied with a happy glorp of sorts. Or, whatever noise Jellicents made in their free time. Either way, he was clearly agreeing with Lucia, cheerfully spouting water from his top. It was time to battle.

Phantump made the first move, slowly approaching Pringles. It then began to fire seeds at the Pokemon. The two then became involved in a fierce battle. However, Pringles was clearly not doing much damage. Lucia frowned. The typing. She had to really think about this one.

But, it then hit her. Phantump was floating, wasn't it? That must make it...

"Pringles!" Lucia exclaimed. "Use shadow ball!"

The Jellicent did as told, and soon fired a dark, shadowy sphere at the Phantump. Upon impact, the small Pokemon was knocked back, clearly affected and injured by the attack. The fight didn't last much longer after that. Pringles soon unleashed his collection of Ghost Typed attacks, soon ending the battle.

Lucia laughed, clearly pleased with the results. "We made like a tree and split, huh pal?" she asked Pringles with a laugh. "Nice job."

"I have to battle a Dark type? Uhh... Alright then."

Alice, aspiring Performer, wasn't too delighted at the sight of her opponent but she kept this behind a smile as she looked at the Houndour in front of her. She immediately weighed up her options, being aware of Houndour's other type of Fire. This obviously meant that Fenrir, her Honedge, was rather ill-equipped for this battle. Honedge were Steel type in addition to Ghost and this made them very vulnerable against a Dark/Fire combo.

The task thus fell to her first Pokémon. "Hazel, go!" the blonde exclaimed as her Haunter was called out from his Dusk Ball, the spectre striking some sort of prototype pose. "We're going to battle that Houndour and show off what we can do, ok?" she said afterwards. Hazel understood and turned her gaze towards the said Pokémon.

Hazel and Houndour both started by using smoke moves, a black Haze from the Haunter meeting a grey Smog. "Hypnosis!" Alice decided after this opening of techniques. Red waves emanated from Hazel's eyes and lulled the hound into a silent slumber.

Silent and short lived.

This Houndour had the Early Bird ability, which enabled her to awaken from that siesta far, far earlier than Alice had been expecting. Almost instantly, in fact. Hazel's opponent had jumped at her and bitten one of her hands with a fierce Crunch attack before Alice could claim any sort of momentum.

"Ah?! Shadow Claw, now!" she exclaimed quickly, concern in her voice.

A dark and rippling glow formed around Hazel's two hands and prompted Houndour to let go and create some distance between her and the Haunter, but the Dark Pokémon wasn't quick enough to avoid conceding a hit. The type resistance was highly evident however, Hazel's opponent was still able and ready.

"Any hit will help. Next, Thunderbolt!" the trainer exclaimed. Hazel shot out a blast of yellow electricity from her hands on command, which Houndour stopped and pushed clean through with a Flamethrower to make another hit. Alice decided that she'd need to play this in a different manner, calling for a Haze to obscure Houndour's vision.

Things turned around at this point. Hazel was able to blindside her with another Shadow Claw thanks to this but she was sniffed out with an Odor Sleuth and lost most of her stealth advantage. Although that would seem to return the upper hand to the canine, it would be for naught as a Flamethrower dodge gave Alice and Hazel the opportunity to strike Houndour with the decisive Thunderbolt and end the battle.

Alice was delighted by the outcome. "Brilliant, we pulled it off!" she cheered. If Hazel weren't incorporeal, the happy duo would have exchanged a high five. She also made sure to give Houndour a belly rub for the strong effort.

Last edited:
"Hehe, looks like I hit the nail on the head!" giggled Niari, Radon's reaction giving her an answer to her question. She darted around to Radon's frontside. "Geez, try to chill, girl. You can't just go to university and be by yourself all the time, where's the fun in that? You could hang out with me if you wanted, I'm trying to make some friends here..."

She walked a few steps away for a second, pacing back and forth, trying to think of an idea for something to do.

"Oooh, I know! Why don't we go out to the city today, after classes are done? I've been wanting to check that place out ever since I got here, I hear it's one hell of a place!" she said, beaming at the thought. "I was driven through it to get here, I never got a chance to stop...so lame." She wondered if she should go with someone else too, or if Radon would be too uncomfortable to go in a group....assuming the hooded girl even wanted to go in the first place.
"Look, thanks for the offer and all," Radon replied.
She really did not want to hurt Niari's feelings by telling her dis-want for friends.
"But I have something to do after school, so I have to decline."

Jake smiled as he stepped up into the field, staring at the Jellicent that was opposite of him. He really wasn't expecting to battle so soon, especially since it wasn't really his way of operating. "Well, let's put up a good show regardless," he said to himself as he pulled one of the pokeballs from his waist sending out Derpy, his Espurr. "Okay Derpy, let's do this!" he called out as the Espurr turned towards him, cocking its head to the side. It seemed to be wearing some kind of metallic headband.

The Jellicent didn't waste a moment as soon as it saw Espurr come into the field, immediately flapping its tendrils and sending a powerful gust of purple wind towards the Pokemon. "Psychic!" Jake called out as Espurr threw its arms forward, using psychic energy to block the winds as best as it could. The Jellicent floated forward, firing a sphere of water that knocked Derpy off its feet and sent her rolling to Jake. The young man looked at the psychic type, who got up and began dusting itself off, its emotionless expression intact as it carefully made sure to clean up its fur. "You good there?" he asked, getting a silent nod from Derpy. "All right, let's just bide our time then," Jake added, grinning. "Go and use Energy Ball!"

Derpy steeled her gaze before lifting her body up and flying forward towards the Jellicent, putting her hands together to create a green sphere of energy. It threw its arms forward, firing it out like a cannon towards the jellyfish Pokemon. Unfortunately Jellicent seemed to be prepared and countered with a Night Shade attack, managing to fend off the attack.

The jellyfish took its chance and flew up towards Derpy, knocking it back with another Ominous Wind before slamming it down with a Shadow Ball, causing Derpy to hit the floor, her body bruised as she tried to stand up once more. "Okay, I think this should be enough," Jake instructed as he saw Jellicent fly forward once more, this time going for another Ominous Wind. "Now! Payback!" Jake yelled out, seeing the Jellicent's eyes open wide as Derpy's eyes glowed before it fired out a shockwave of dark energy that sent the water and ghost type flying all the way back, the strenght of the attack. The Jellicent laid on the floor for a few seconds before finally seizing its struggling and falling unconscious.

"Phew," Jake sighed with relief as Derpy walked over to him, grabbing onto his leg. "It's okay girl," he laughed, kneeling down to her and petting her head. "You did good, really good. Sorry I had you get so beat up though," he added.

Duncan stared at the floette in front of him. This would not be easy. Especially since it decided to start the battle off with fairy wind. "Brilliant," he sighed. "Dig!" unfortunately the wind was faster than his pokemon, getting a good hit. "The academy pokemon are definitely high level. However no one can beat our teamwork. Next it fired a petal dance at the two. "Left! Right! Duck!" he ordered, telling the blind pokemon exactly where to go to dodge the attack. "Left!" Unfortunately for the two of them, this attack curved, slamming into Joker. "Guess we've been figured out." The floette glowed pink, crying out and spreading the pink around. Mist terrain.

"Thanks for the opening. Poison Jab!" Joker ran at the floette straight ahead, when it dodged right, he followed according to Duncan's orders, hitting the pokemon hard as he could. The floette smirked. The misty terrain assured it not being poisoned, and now his sableye was close as she released a moon blast. "Stepping stone!" Joker quickly pushed the firing floette down, using her to jump into the air. He then maneuvered himself into a shadow claw, slamming down on the fairy type. "Zen headbutt!" he backed up, and then rushed forward slamming the floette with it's now glowing blue head. It was down.

"Good job Joker. Here," he gave the sableye a berry giving the floette one as well. "Thanks for being such a great battle partner," he told her.

--------------------

Meteora gulped as she looked at the voltorb in front of her. This would be hard. The battle started by the electric pokemon using magnet rise. This would mean she ground moves would fail. That was fine. They would be fine. The voltorb then launched into a rollout attack. "Use dragon tail to counter it!" the two collided, the voltorb being sent back however. It then smirked, using taunt, prompting the larger pokemon into a hydro pump. The voltorb easily dodged, sending a discharge through the water, and thus hitting gyarados. "Desarm don't let him get to you. Remember stay calm. Use fire blast." Desarm spewed flames from his mouth at the ball pokemon. It once again used rollout not only to dodge but again head towards him. "Dragon tail again. This time catch it." Desarm did just that, once again pushing the pokeball like pokemon off with dragon tail, and then quickly grabbing it in the air with his mouth. "Ice fang!" his fangs started to release ice, however this didn't last very long as the voltorb started showing sparks. "Toss him and dig!"

Desarm just barely managed to avoid getting away from the discharge the voltorb decided to throw out. He of course wasn't safe underground either. The voltorb rolled into the hole after him. "Get out of there!" she ordered her partner, watching as he once again barely avoided an attack. Once again they had their rollout and dragon tail face off, though this time the voltorb used it to get a boost and embed itself into the ground. From there it started glowing. Explosion or self-destruct. Either one would finish them off, and the voltorb had them trapped between a body of water and well itself. "Hide in the water!" While gyarados was better at being in water, she had kept him out of it due to the fact it conducts electricity. Of course now it would be the protection from...flash... It had used flash, and now with a grin it bounced into the water releasing another discharge. They had been had and now the ball was laughing over her fainted partner.

"Thanks Desarm," she said, returning him. She glanced over at her uncle to see him laughing too. She on the other hand did not find it funny. She walked back over to where everyone else was, noticing they had finished, the annoying voltorb hopping alongside her.

"Hey, tough break there." Alice said to Meteora. It didn't look like a pleasant misprediction or loss to her. Every student seemed to have been paired up with a Pokémon considered a difficult matchup against their own.

"I'm not sure about this place just yet," Abby commented honestly.

Cyras walked away from the Heracross, looking back every few steps.

"One day," he thought, "I want to see him again..."

Audrey considered this for a moment, brushing her aqua hair out aside as she looked around. "So many new people, so many new experiences... there will be something to love about this place..." She looked over her shoulder. "Even for Mr. Grumpy." She was clearly being playful as she looked in the direction that Blake had walked off in.

Salamence was enjoying the food that Audrey had given her. Despite her incredibly ferocious battling habits, she was an avid lover of sweets. Hell, that seemed to perk her up more than the medical attention she was receiving.

Blake, on the other hand, was completely unsure as to what the hell had just happened. "Did I just meet a unicorn?" He mused to himself. He brushed his hair from his face before looking off in the direction of Audrey. Then, he turned away.

Staring was inappropriate. Especially to someone so... saccharine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom