• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Elemental Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'm Alice, nice to meet you." she replied before taking the offered hand. "Hazel's up there."

The Haunter floated above her, appearing rather pleased with herself. Alice got out a Super Potion and sprayed it on the bitten hand. "Thanks for doing so well for me back there. You can take a rest in your Poké Ball if you want." she said. Hazel happily grinned but declined, wanting to hang around her for a bit more.

She heard Max at this point and turned to see him. "I'm Alice Prufon."

"My major is Performer." Alice told the group with a small bow.

"Coordinator? That's nice." Alice replied. She heard that it was a fun path.

Nearby but far enough away for his own liking, Zure observed this growing group of students with his cherished Togetic hanging from his left shoulder. The Pokémon looked very interested in the discussion that started and began floating towards everyone to hear more. "Heh. You win, Tinc." Zure muttered before following her.

Lucia simply went off by herself, healing Pringles and letting him out of his ball. She then pulled out a bag of chips.

"You want some?" she asked the blue Pokemon. Pringles only stared in response.

"Mine went ok. The Houndour's Early Bird set us off on the back foot when we started out with Hypnosis but Hazel's Thunderbolt won our battle." she briefly summarised. The Haunter in question still looked rather pleased with herself.

"Now, um... What's next?" Alice next asked.

"Hehe, looks like I hit the nail on the head!" giggled Niari, Radon's reaction giving her an answer to her question. She darted around to Radon's frontside. "Geez, try to chill, girl. You can't just go to university and be by yourself all the time, where's the fun in that? You could hang out with me if you wanted, I'm trying to make some friends here..."
She walked a few steps away for a second, pacing back and forth, trying to think of an idea for something to do.
"Oooh, I know! Why don't we go out to the city today, after classes are done? I've been wanting to check that place out ever since I got here, I hear it's one hell of a place!" she said, beaming at the thought. "I was driven through it to get here, I never got a chance to stop...so lame." She wondered if she should go with someone else too, or if Radon would be too uncomfortable to go in a group....assuming the hooded girl even wanted to go in the first place.
"Look, thanks for the offer and all," Radon replied.
She really did not want to hurt Niari's feelings by telling her dis-want for friends.
"But I have something to do after school, so I have to decline."

"Niari was it?"
Radon took a deep breath before continuing.
"Once again, thank you for the offer," Radon gave a facade of a statement. "But like I stated I have something to do after school with my mother and a friend of ours, so I am unable to join you."
Radon began to picked her messenger bag off the ground.
"I'm not discouraging you to go, it's a nice place," Radon stated. "You mentioned of a boy named Duncan, ask him to go with you. I'm sure that guy wouldn't mind joining you."
Her shiny Espeon Lana jumped off her shoulder to stretch her legs, as Radon placed her bag over her shoulder.
"I also recommend you stop smoking, that stench you have reeks of cigarettes even when you shower."
Radon began walking away, she wanted to ask the teacher Conversano something.
Radon stop for a moment, without turning around and she then said; "If you think this makes us friends. It doesn't. I'm just a passing through prodigy, remember that."
Radon begun fully walking away from Niari. Not looking back.
"That girl is a tad annoying," Radon thought.

Radon decided to walk towards the direction of the other students to see where Professor Conversano was; seeing the kid who answered her question wrongly earlier talking to their classmates. Lana jumped back on her shoulder, as she adjusted her red hood, hoping that they would not speak to her.

(((@Neosquid You never replied to my last post about the conversation between Radon and Niari. So if you don't mind I ended it to continue Radon's story. If you want to reply to the end of it that is fine, I can edit the post if I have to.)))
((((To @WolfOwl and everyone else;
I'm saying this ahead of time before we decide to introduce any other professors. You have my full permission to use Maria Nevermore(Radon's mother and a professor at the academy) and Lucas(Radon's figurative uncle, and also a professor at the academy(I don't have a last name for him yet)), characters I created for Radon, so if you are in a scene with Radon or need a professor for a scene that is not Conversano. You have my permission to use them.
)))).

Last edited:
Battle Reviews
((Sorry this took so long. I've been busy with real life stuff, and thus have been relying on my phone. Unfortunately I keep notes on my computer over my phone. Its also admittedly hard for me to move my hands lately, and by that I mean I bend my fingers and they bleed, literally, so its not much easy to find the want to do much. So free time, explore the town, the school, etc. Unless you rather a skip to some other even then I'll try to get to that today after work.))

“And that’s everyone. Now then, reviews of your battles. Audrey, you and your gardevoir moved well together, however you were too linear. Instead of trying to break through stance change, you should have been trying to find a way around it. Cyras good job on using your opponent’s strength against them. Just know that using an attack isn’t the only way, and there is also forcing your opponent into moves like foul play with extra effects, such as swagger which raises their attack and confuses. Grant you put up a good fight but were too head on. That’s why the double team worked so effectively against you. Though on that note, when pokémon use moves it can be confusing due to similar moves having similar looks. That’s part of what cost you, and Meteora as well. Avoiding the water despite gyarados moving worse on land was well done. Water conducts electricity, and voltorb can produce a lot of electricity. Of course that only applies because it’s a small body of water. In an ocean it would be much too large to conduct.”

“Max while you worked well with your pokémon, and utilized their individual abilities effectively. It was unbalanced. What if you hadn’t had your greninja on you? You would have been forced to use only your sceptile. Sceptile can move through trees quite as well too. And if it had been sceptile it could have used its coloring for some sneak attacks. Camouflage is one of the best advantages as well as disadvantages depending which end you’re on. Asani, while you did well, Salamence is quite a powerhouse pokémon. Why didn’t you try to blast through the blizzard? Abigail, Rufflet is a flying type, and your choice was wing attack. Against an electric type with static ability it would have been better to try to stay away. If you’re pokémon knows know far range attacks, then it’s imperative to keep a bit away and watch for the chance for a safe close range. Though unfortunately none of that matters until the little one gets more used to battles, so make sure you concentrate on that first.”

“Alice very nice battle. There were plenty of tactics. Duncan I can tell you’ve worked with your sableye on how to battle a lot. You two were in good sync. Though I wonder if he couldn’t have moved more on his own. Rely a bit more on hearing and feeling its surroundings. After all what if he was on his own. It could have also allowed for him to dodge curving attacks. Lucia, figuring out your opponent’s typing and switching tactics to match that was well done. Jake using payback twice without letting espurr be hit would have given the same damage as the single hit you did, and it would have cost your pokémon less damage. Always keep your pokemon’s health at the forefront of your mind.”

“That’s it. If I didn’t review you just now or earlier right after your battle, then that means I have nothing to say. That’s worst you can get from me. That usually means even if you won your battle, it was boring or lacking in anything making it unique or worth watching. And with that you’re dismissed. Enjoy the rest of your day, and tomorrow your schedules start. You will get a message next time we have an event like this.”

"Hmm..." Cyras rubbed his chin. "Alright, I can't be so head-on... Let's see what I can do about that."

"Lacking!? Boring!?" Radon thought to herself angrily about Nagato Conversano explanation of her battle. "You don't just say something is lacking or boring without giving a proper reason for it! And he review everyone's battles to show what they're lacking except mine!"
Well not just her, there was only one other student that wasn't reviewed by Conversano. She didn't know her name but it was this really tall girl she kept noticing in trees, wearing kimonos. She seem even quieter than Radon herself, but Radon wasn't going to check. After her dumb conversation with that Niari girl and her anger pointed at Conversano, she wanted nothing with anyone else today besides her mother and Lucas.
"Some professor he is. Just some stupid guy who thinks he's so greater than everyone else," she continued thinking her head. "Just like the rest of them; people like him is why I don't need friends."
Radon walked out the area of Conversano was teaching from, upset over everything.

Radon walked through the corridors of the academy with Lana on her shoulder, going to the area should her mother should be in right now. Checking in through the window to make sure she isn't in the middle of a class or a meeting. She proceeded to walk in, as she saw it was just her.
"Hey Mom," Radon said.
"Hey dear! And hello Lana,"her mother said. "How was Professor Conversano's class?"
"It was.....okay," she lied.
"Alright, tell me more at dinner."
"Yeah, can you tell me what you need me to pick up at the store," Radon asked. "I'll start making it when I get home."
"Here," her mother said while handing her a list.
Radon grabbed the list and ran to the door.
"See you later Mom!
Her mother waved as Radon left, and as she returned to her work. Radon walked back to the entrance of the academy, helmet in her hands walking towards her motor scooter. Returning Lana finally into her Pokeball; then proceeding to strap on her helmet.

Last edited:
Audrey took the feedback with a smile. After all she was here to learn. Not really thinking, she skipped outside to explore the grounds. Her Gardevoir and Sylveon did their best to keep up with her enthusiasm as she danced in the afternoon sun. "Come on Princess! Buttercup! Smile!" She cried out happily.

"Hmm, less head on huh?" Grant mused to himself and Marluxia, who had been treated with some Super Potion for his injuries during the battle. "I guess we could work on that." The two of them stood up and began to walk off. "So, what do you wanna do?" He asked the Mantis Pokemon. Marluxia shrugged. "Hmm, maybe we should try making some friends?" Grant offered, looking around at his classmates.

Abby soaked in the knowledge. She knew Tiny wasn't in any advantage to fight, but knew he wasn't one to dish out special attacks since the Rufflet species learned mostly physical attacks. Tiny had to get more used to battles first, and learn a wider array of moves aside from the few he did learn. She just stroked the feather on her Rufflet's head while watching the others react.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom