• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Elementar's Mafia Universe ~ Endgame (Written in Blue)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May you all please tell me whether you'd prefer a 48 hour day phase with a delayed update or a 72 hour day phase, thankyou :)

May you all please tell me whether you'd prefer a 48 hour day phase with a delayed update or a 72 hour day phase, thankyou :)

72 hours, because we need all the time we can get.

I don't get the scumread on Darth, the accusations are just flying over my head and his replies are good.

@FinalArcadia ...Why out your role like that? It would have been better to do it in secret.

Actually, the way someone words their posts can be very telling psychologically. Diction and syntax are a good reflection of inner thoughts/motivations. For example, long-winded run-on posts can indicate nervous scum backed into a corner. Strategic scum will try to sound passive-aggressive with their sentence structure, lighty throwing shade onto others while distancing themselves at the same time. Careful scum like to be ambiguous to avoid leaving a concrete stance on anything so that it can't be held against them in retrospection. In Darth's case, the uncertainty in his post comes across as siding against the lynch wagon without committing to it.
Wording is always important in mafia. The smallest word can have a large meaning. And like you said it can say something about alignment. For example: I used to use the word scum a lot more when I was mafia, and use the word mafia as town because the word used to feel uncomfortable to me, and thus using it when I am it seemed like a town thing. I don't do it anymore and have long since broken that habit thankgoodness. But it is still an example.
I get what you're saying, I just don't personally agree with it. I can accept reads on a general tone, but not for a specific word.

Out of the people who have been posting, Darth does seem the scummiest, if only for not taking a stance, but not by a great deal. Most people are at least looking good by properly hunting.
Really the worst looking people are the ones who just aren't talking.
@Sword Master @swarla @Nightwing101 @Rainbow Cloud @jdthebud @Zachie (kinda). Guys, please talk more, some of you, please talk at all (Man, the view from my glass house is great).

Well, if I'm not getting anything out of the swarla slot, UNVOTE: Swarla

VOTE: jdthebud

a third of day 2 has passed

what do you, a supposed member of the citizenry, have to say, and why should i not cut it off?

I get what you're saying, I just don't personally agree with it. I can accept reads on a general tone, but not for a specific word.

Out of the people who have been posting, Darth does seem the scummiest, if only for not taking a stance, but not by a great deal. Most people are at least looking good by properly hunting.
Really the worst looking people are the ones who just aren't talking.
@Sword Master @swarla @Nightwing101 @Rainbow Cloud @jdthebud @Zachie (kinda). Guys, please talk more, some of you, please talk at all (Man, the view from my glass house is great).

You are talking, but I don't think I've seen you vote...? A vote is your power, blah blah blah, is there no one you'd vote of those inactives? join me, and together we shall kill them all, one by one, day by day

It has surprised me to figure the fact that no one has acquired information of usefulness the night before today.
It has also annoyed me to see the mistake of inactivity commited in this very thread. Of those who show activity, several accuse wrongly, consisting of little reasoning.

If I had to pick one, I'd say one of RC, jd, or swarla. Since they've posted, but have since vanished. Zachie is still somewhat active, I don't think I've seen SM post, and Nightwing definitely hasn't, so those two could just be away.

I suppose I might as well give it a shot, see what happens.
Vote: jdthebud
Tell me why I shouldn't.

I don't think this is the right way of asking. You're moving the argument to the receiver. It's like asking "why not?".
Why did you pick jd out of that group?
I picked jd out of the 3 worst that I described above, because HD had already voted him, and 2 votes is more likely to result in a useful response than 1. Especially given that it's now tied up and he's a real possibility if someone decides to put another vote on him.

I feel like either Lone or Zachie is jumping on the jd wagon (can you really call it a wagon when it's only 1 vote?).
I don't know which one of them is, though. I'll have to take a better look later when I have some more time.

I feel like either Lone or Zachie is jumping on the jd wagon (can you really call it a wagon when it's only 1 vote?).
I don't know which one of them is, though. I'll have to take a better look later when I have some more time.
I am, obviously. But it's only to apply pressure. I plan to unvote before the day ends unless he responds scummy.

This situation is so sad. I'll give you a present.
Haven't seen much worth commenting on - I voted Dylan as a joke vote bc I like messing with him, unvoted when I saw there was no point as it did nothing. I disagree with day 1 lynches as a whole, but I'm not going to get into that right now bc I don't want to start a massive debate. I thought it was really dumb that we lynched someone simply bc they voted the host, and as you saw it totally blew back in our faces :(

For now, I have no good reads on anyone. Darth claiming that everyone who voted the host was town could be covering for scum, but that's a long shot this early in the game.
This post provides nothing and is no better than Darths. And then he votes jd for pressure saying basically the same thing as Lone. This makes a better target than some inactive. There is no effort.

VOTE: Zachie

I'd rather people jump on the votes of others if it will help advance the state of the game. If there's super mad people about the wagon, I'd love to hear them.

Sorry for being inactive lately. @Elementar I am also fine with a 72 hour day today.

No strong scumreads so far, though HD and Alex look good, as does Zexy ofc. Like @Midorikawa I don't like @Zachie's borrowed reasoning "tell us why we should unvote you", but in an effort to avoid OMGUS - I'm town, so that's a good reason, but other than claiming my role I don't think I can actually say anything else to convince you.

Sorry I've not been that active so far, I agree 72 hours sounds better for this phase.

I need to check back through the thread to try to get some better reads but my initial thoughts are that I'm not keen on the case against Darth at the moment given the evidence again him seems to mainly be based on him believing that mafia players wouldn't push for a host vote.

Okay this game has been lacking and I've struggled to pay attention. But I looked back at Day 1 and swarla seems a bit strange to me.

Elementar said:
Host Note: Bad things always happen when you lynch the host or MOD... That's all for now :p
I actually never saw the original post of Elementar's stating that something 'bad' will happen if you vote the host. Honestly this looks like a joke more than anything? I would've taken it as such. I'll get back to this matter.

swarla said:
Lets test this claim then shall we?
VOTE: Elementar
swarla started the thought of voting the host, Kyriaki just took it too far. Again, to me, Elementar's post just looks like a joke. Almost as if he was saying 'hey don't vote the host, let's not go through this charade' but that's just how I took it. This is a questionable vote.

Kyriaki said:
Note "Bad things", period. Nothing indicating the alignment. Thus, might as well figure out what results this could being. For all we know, bad things could happen to mafia.

Vote: Elementar
It starts--but at least Kyriaki is giving a legit reason for the vote, while swarla is just saying to 'test it'. Kyriaki is making a legitimate point even though I still think it means nothing while swarla states nothing of the sort.

DarthWolf said:
Mafia wouldn't risk such a thing, it will probably kill them. Do you really thing he would risk that? This seems more like you're trying to mislynch him.
DarthWolf sounded almost a little too certain that Kyriaki was town. I mean, Kyriaki was appearing more town-ish to me just because of her earnest sounding posts, but I wasn't going to say it was a straight-up mis-lynch (before it happened)... something about this seems off although I feel like I'm wording it wrong.

My problem with swarla's vote is that he claims it was a joke afterward, but was it really because he says in his first post that he wanted to 'test the claim'... that doesn't imply it was a joke. It sounds serious, like it was to see what would happen in the result of a host's death. I don't recall swarla doing anything since this point. It seems weird.

VOTE: swarla.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom