1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If your account is currently registered using an @aol.com, @comcast.net or @verizon.net email address, you should change this to another email address. These providers have been rejecting all emails from @bulbagarden.net email addresses, preventing user registrations, and thread/conversation notifications. If you have been impacted by this issue and are currently having trouble logging into your account, please contact us via the link at the bottom right hand of the forum home, and we'll try to sort things out for you as soon as possible.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Bulbagarden has launched a new public Discord server. Click Here!
    Dismiss Notice

Eliza's Corner

Discussion in 'Art Gallery' started by Emma Prescott, May 14, 2015.

1. Emma Prescott

Emma Prescott Vengeful Ferret

Blog Posts:
    That's another concern of mine, which is probably why I wouldn't use it for anything serious. One of the things I don't like about some of the earlier Pokemon games is how simple the route flow is, but maybe that's the reason why.

2. henrymidfields

henrymidfields Prime Minister of Shoyo 昇陽国内閣総理大臣

Blog Posts:
    The busy routes could be something like the Netherlands with dikes, canals, and tons of settlements in a small country.

3. Emma Prescott

Blog Posts:
    Something different from my usual this time.

[​IMG]
    I can't take complete credit for this image, it's mostly a test to see if I could make something fairly ancient looking. I don't know where the owl is from, I found it buried in a sea of clip art I downloaded off the internet ages ago. I won't reveal the meaning of the text, as it's potentially spoilery for something I'm working on. Edit: rather than just leave it, I've altered the text to be significantly less spoilery, since I'm sure there's translators out there for the text.

#63 Emma Prescott, Feb 23, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  4. Emma Prescott

Blog Posts:
    [​IMG]
    Back with another map, this time the Kingdom of Glastonfell, a sister region that's relatively oft-mentioned but yet to be visited in my fanfic, Land of the Roses. Details are scant at the moment as I have no reason to fill in the blanks or decide what any of these places are, though I do have a few ideas.

Here are the kingdoms of Lanark and Glastonfell put together.

5. Soki

Soki Beep Boop
    Staff Coordinator

Blog Posts:
    Wow you're really good at this, all your stuff seems like it took ages to make D: Definitely would love to play a game with a style like this. Also love your maps, especially the above one. Probably because it has a lot of bends in the roads compared to the Pokémon maps which are often pretty straightforward, making them kinda boring compared to this. Keep up the good work! :D

6. Emma Prescott

Blog Posts:
    Ugh, yes, it takes waaaaaaay too long to do most of this stuff. I've been working on my Pokemon inspired RPG for about six months (some stuff posted in this thread, as you've probably noticed) and I've barely made any progress. Maybe someday it'll get finished.

Soki likes this.
  7. henrymidfields

Blog Posts:
    I say, the winding routes also looks more natural, considering how real life roads (at least in the Old World, and even some of the older settlements in Australia and North America), generally evolve. Is the above map intended to be a Europe-inspired region like Kalos?

8. Emma Prescott

Blog Posts:
    The above map is intended to be my world's representation of the Scottish highlands. There are too few lakes for my liking, but I found it difficult to fit them in between the mountainous areas.

Edit: Here's a bit of a different submission this time. It's something I started working on awhile ago but never finished. I doubt I ever will finish it, so I'll just post what I have:

[​IMG]
    Click for a larger version!

I'm currently in the process of writing a novel that's focused mostly on early interstellar space exploration, undertaken by a crew of 72 aboard Earth's first deep space warp-capable spacecraft, the Purity. I had a little fun with developing a NASA-styled mission patch for it, but I never got around to actually designing the ship, which would have been featured in the center of the patch.

#68 Emma Prescott, Apr 13, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
    Soki likes this.
  9. henrymidfields

Blog Posts:
    Refering to the above: Are you thinking of bringing Pokémon to space?

10. Emma Prescott

Blog Posts:
    Heh, no. Well, not specifically with that. The mission patch is for a story that's more akin to Star Trek: Enterprise and Battlestar Galactica.

Though, back when I was writing a story by the name of Storm Island, the idea of sending the main characters up to an orbital space station to investigate strange happenings did come me. I never got around to writing it, but I extensively planned it. The idea was that the entire crew of the space station would have been replaced by a hostile self-replicating lifeform that's able to mimic whatever form it desires. Each of the lifeforms was to be dispatched and the station cleared out by the main characters. In the final scene where they return to Earth, I intended to have copies of the main characters slink around the transportation area of the station, indicating that the threat hadn't been properly taken care of.

It's basically Ditto in Spaaaaaaaace and a really dumb idea, kinda glad I never got around to it.

Soki likes this.