• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ello

Claire386

Fairy Tamer
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
Hey, I'm Claire! I joined because I love Pokemon, and I'm also very nostalgic about forums in general because they were a BIG part of my life growing up.

I've played Pokemon for around 15 years now and I still remember how addicted I used to be to my DS lite as a kid! I actually think that Pokemon was the first franchise I ever fell in love with, so it's stuck with me throughout my whole life, and I think what attracted me to Pokemon was just how fun and kid-friendly it was. It's easy to get the hang of, but the monsters are just so cute and so unique and so full of personality!

But a little about me.

I was a very reclusive child growing up. I grew up with a sister and we'd spend a lot of time just gaming together. I could literally just spend like my whole day after school playing video games with her as a kid, but I started to socialize more when I reached my mid teens and found making friends easier in high school and college. I made friends easy with some of the fellow gamer classmates, and a couple girls who I'd joke around and vibe with.

I also love going outside when the weather's really beautiful. I like watching funny cartoons and true crime, reading, watching movies, cooking, and of course I also love animals! But if there's one thing that's been bothering me it's that I feel like it's hard connecting with people lately. :/ Idk it's like I realized everyone is so different and has their own way of doing and seeing things.. and I lost contact with most of my friends from high school.

But yeah that's me. It's been years since I joined forums but I thought it'd be fun to try this one. :D

Welcome to Bulbagarden! What’s your favourite Pokémon?
I really like all the cute ones like Eevee, Vulpix, Mew, Piplup... basically all the prevolved forms. :D
What about you??

Welcome welcome! I hope you'll come to see our forums as a sort of home — lots of people are really friendly and there's lots to do here, too. Out of everything about Pokémon, what's the one thing that you like most about the series as a whole?

I feel like Pokemon is similar to real life in a way.

Like we have sooo many regions to explore, and we have all these useful elements that are a part of nature like ice, fire, wind and electricity. We also have different animal species' in every region of the world and I feel like Pokemon takes these very real concepts and turns them into an amazing fantasy-adventure game. I also really love how every Pokemon seems to have its own personality and you can customize your Pokemon in different ways for battles.

As a kid I hated spoilers and always loved discovering new Pokemon in the wild and figuring out how I could squeeze them into my team without knowing their stats, abilities and moves. So I think another part of what I love about Pokemon is just the mystery and magic that comes along with my very first playthrough. Like when you discover something everything for the first time and it just hits different.

Gosh saying this makes me realize that mystery can be a really fun thing but it can also be a really scary thing. >.>

Welcome Claire! Nice to see another Eevee fan on board :cool:
I definitely agree, the fantasy realism and the sense of discovery are some of the best aspects of Pokémon for me. You just can't get it anywhere else.
I've already been seeing you around the forums quite a bit, so I hope you're liking it here so far ^^

Welcome Claire! Nice to see another Eevee fan on board :cool:
I definitely agree, the fantasy realism and the sense of discovery are some of the best aspects of Pokémon for me. You just can't get it anywhere else.
I've already been seeing you around the forums quite a bit, so I hope you're liking it here so far ^^
Yesss I love Pokemon for those reasons and more! That's probably why I was able to enjoy S/V so much despite everyone around me saying "It's not worth it", "It's full of graphical problems" or whatever!!

Haha yes I'm everywhereee.

Welcome aboard, Claire!
Thank you! Also I really love your pfp. c:
Furret is so darn cute, and Pokemon Snap is a great game!
maxresdefault.jpg

Been talking to you for a while... but wassup!!! Glad to have another fan on board!
I'm just doing some chores before I have to go to work lol
What about you? (I guess this belongs in the other thread)

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom