• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Emyln Morinelli (Emily Williams) Interview PENDING: Question Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shift

Button Pusher
Reaction score
Hey, everyone! Cool news affront! ThegreatPirateKing, an Arlong Park forum member who's been interviewing the Singaporean cast of One Piece, is in the process of interviewing Emyln Morinelli, also known as Emily Williams, the voice of Chopper among others in said dub as well as Zoey and Jenny in Pokemon! He and AniDisTin, another member, were able to get her e-mail and talk with her. As he'll be interviewing her on her OP role for the most part, I asked if I could have one with her about Pokemon. He agreed, and so I just sent an e-mail to see if she's OK with it! I'll have to see what she says, but if she agrees, I'll want to have a good list of questions for her, and I'd love to hear what you guys wanna know! If you've got a question you want me to ask her, post it here ASAP! To start, here are some themes I've thought of:

* What roles she's enjoyed/is enjoying/is looking forward to

* The reason for changing credit names (Morinelli, Williams, etc.)

* Move/return to NY from Singapore

Anyway, ask away!

Please, ask her why she give Zoey such raspy voice, which IMO is out of character for Zoey.

Ask if she has any favorite characters other than her own.

It would be interesting to see how Zoey REALLY thinks. ;)

Please, ask her why she give Zoey such raspy voice, which IMO is out of character for Zoey.
That's obviously a matter for the dub director, not a VA who basically has to follow orders. Let me see if I can rephrase it satisfactorily:

* Were there any times where you felt a character ought to have a type of voice different from the director's vision, or from how you yourself performed it?

If someone was interested in doing voicework on Pokemon, how would one go about getting hired? Is there a specific person at DuArt who you need to contact?

If someone was interested in doing voicework on Pokemon, how would one go about getting hired? Is there a specific person at DuArt who you need to contact?
Again, my 2 cents: basically, you'd probably send DuArt (or whatever co.) a demo reel. They get it and listen and have it on file, and would probably call you (or your agent, which you'd also need)if they'd like you to try out for a part (on Pokemon or any other production they're doing). Goes without saying, but you'd have to live in NY as well for a shot at specifically Pokemon. You could give DuArt a call to see who specifically to send stuff to.

Since she has been on since Diamond and Pearl, ask what she thinks of the new dub music versus the old dub music.

Also, what is her favorite Pokemon theme?

Since she has been on since Diamond and Pearl, ask what she thinks of the new dub music versus the old dub music.

Also, what is her favorite Pokemon theme?
I may have to limit that to asking if she's had exposure to the original, as I'm not sure if a question about such a detail would be relevant to her.

what does she thinks of the series herself?does she likes anything in particular about it?

or

Do you remember any kind of fun anecdote while dubbing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom