• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

End of the game

Jragonair

Local shaman
Reaction score
Am i the only one, that gets a little sad when you beat the pokemon league?
Or when you capture all of the legends?
Or when you pretty much finish the game, and theres just not really much left to do?

I wouldn't say the games really have any ending point. Especially in the later games, you have e.g. Battle Frontier and Wi-Fi battles to keep you busy for weeks. It's maybe a little sad when you know the game does not have any wild legendaries when you've caught every single one, but that's not anything severe.

I get what you mean. I felt that way with diamond when I finished my pokedex. The only thing really left to do would be the battle tower, but I'm not that good at hardcore battling so I don't see much point. So it was like there wasn't much left to do, other then play other versions.

I'm a bit bothered by that on Platinum right now.
I've caught every single Pokèmon available in the game, beat the E4, don't bother with the Battle Frontier (Frankly I find repeated battles a bit dull) so there's little left to do than do random breeding experiments, look for shinies (unsuccessful so far), fail at contests and train my party to level 100.
At any other game I would have restarted by now, but I have 476 Pokèmon in the dex and a main party at levels 99 so now I don't want to restart until my Pokèdex is complete. By that time hopefully I'll have SoulSilver so I can trade over my rarest and most powerful Pokèmon and THEN I'll restart >:3

Yea, i find the battle fronteir tedious
like once the pokedex is complete there's not much left to do :(
i wish we could download things onto diamond like on Rangers: Shadow of Almia.

Only in spin-off games like ranger, in which you really have nothing to do afterwards.

Platinum lets you do lots of things after you end the game. There's lots of Pokémon to hunt in swarms, Pokéradar, etc.

Yeah. After you finish the main story, even with all of the things you can do afterwards, I always feel a little sad. And a little bored! Lol.

Once you have completed the pokedex, you will probably get bored soon..

That's part of the reason I put off challenging the Elite Four for so long. I know I technically could have done all of my mass breeding experiments (and a lot more easily) after I actually completed the story mode, but by that time, I probably wouldn't even feel like it.

I noticed it a lot more with Ranger because it was so short. Even trying to complete the browser was no fun, I guess because I knew there would be no new events and nobody would ever say anything different...and in Shadows of Almia there are still quests I haven't done because I don't want my game to be "complete". That probably makes no sense, but it does in my mind.

I kinda felt the same way about Pearl after beating the Elite 4....
But afterwards, I tried to fill up my Pokedex, all the time if I get a new Pokemon on PlatinumI trade it over my to my Pearl.

I'm just gettin' started on Platinum ^^

That's part of the reason I put off challenging the Elite Four for so long. I know I technically could have done all of my mass breeding experiments (and a lot more easily) after I actually completed the story mode, but by that time, I probably wouldn't even feel like it.

I noticed it a lot more with Ranger because it was so short. Even trying to complete the browser was no fun, I guess because I knew there would be no new events and nobody would ever say anything different...and in Shadows of Almia there are still quests I haven't done because I don't want my game to be "complete". That probably makes no sense, but it does in my mind.

Thats exactly what i do, and the way i feel. at least in Shadows of Almia you can download new missions

I do when I beat Shadows of Almia, because I don't have Wifi so I can't download any new missions. I just restart from the beginning!

Right now I'm very bored with my Platinum... Most of it has been completed. All thats left to do is get all Pokémon available, try wining contests and maybe win the BF...

But it all doesn't seem that appealing to me.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom