• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

English DP Boxart

GrnMarvl14

Lying
Reaction score
I nearly went crazy when I found this, only to have it disappear before I could link to it (the whole "I know something, but no one will believe me" mentality).

FINALLY people will shut up about whether the English version has Wi-Fi or not.

As for where I got these...Nintendo.com is the answer.

Lil Brother

is watching you
Reaction score
!!!

Where?! Details plz! I can't find them.

Why would anyone think they're wouldn't be Wifi?

That's cool how they're off to the side like that. ^^ Although Diamond looks much better than Pearl.

GrnMarvl14

Lying
Reaction score
Where did I find them on Nintendo.com? The product pages for the games. I check them every so often, looking for English screenshots. This is just as good.

Porygon

who drew that ugly thing
Reaction score
Those could easily be, and probably are, temporary boxart images. It does give some more support to the US release having WiFi, but I don't see any reason to doubt that anyway.
I honestly think they will be changed before the release, something about the way the Pokemon logo is placed and the size of it looks really unprofessional.

Surgo

goes to eleven
Reaction score
The Pearl uber still looks like it's made out of peppermints. Come on, Pokemon artists.

Quagbert

Bulbapædist
Reaction score
Those could easily be, and probably are, temporary boxart images. It does give some more support to the US release having WiFi, but I don't see any reason to doubt that anyway.
I honestly think they will be changed before the release, something about the way the Pokemon logo is placed and the size of it looks really unprofessional.
I certainly hope you're right about that; these really look cheap compared to the Japanese boxart. Then again, I also think the current Pokémon logo is beyond overdue for replacement, or at the very least a facelift. I mean, it can't be that hard to even just recolor the logo for each version, can it?

Well, enough complaining...at least we can now rest assured that Nintendo wasn't stupid enough to take out what is perhaps the games' biggest selling point...

Trainer-c

Pokémon Warlord
Reaction score
I don't know why anyone believed that Wi-Fi would be removed in the first place. Every Wi-Fi enabled DS title that has seen a US release has kept it's features, why would it be any diffrent for Diamond and Pearl?

These box arts do look tentative, so hopefully the actual boxes will look much better.

bell02+

when you need more, have+
Reaction score
Seriously, it would be a lot of work to take it out. Nintendo would only be waisting moey.I don't remember where I first heard this, but I do remember it being one of the stupidest things I've heard recently. (I'm assuming it sprouted out of the UK announcement on stopping importers and influenced by the idea of Pokemon Crystal.)

Jukain

Aka: Sceptile
Reaction score
Pokemon.com's D/P section was updated and also has this boxart. Dialga and Palkia are revealed to keep their names and so does the Poketch.

Porygon

who drew that ugly thing
Reaction score
Pokemon.com's D/P section was updated and also has this boxart. Dialga and Palkia are revealed to keep their names and so does the Poketch.
The Poketch keeps its name? So kids can easily figure out how to pronounce that, but not Shinoh? Ugh.

Trainer-c

Pokémon Warlord
Reaction score
I believe "Sinnoh" is one of the ways to pronounce "Shinoh" so besides the spelling, there isn't really any change there.

I'm more surprised that they didn't at least change the spellings of Dialga and Palkia, especially considering the pronunciations.

Misty

Hmm, that's a wonderful idea!
Reaction score
Legendaries (aside from the birds from RBY) pretty much always keep their names. If it wasn't Dialga/Palkia, it was going to be something very similar (think Rekkuza/Rayquaza).

nYoo

Dark Mewtwo
Reaction score
Legendaries (aside from the birds from RBY) pretty much always keep their names. If it wasn't Dialga/Palkia, it was going to be something very similar (think Rekkuza/Rayquaza).
The Japanese name is Rayquaza as well.

Dreadsilver

Reaction score
I wonder why, on Pokemon.com's DP page, they say "are they trying to recruit Professor Nanakamado?" instead of Prof. Rowan.

Vagabond Aeon

shut up and dance
Reaction score
Probably a flub or summat. Maybe they're trying to confuse the kiddies :)

Also, woo at Dialga and Palkia. Now to grab some popcorn and watch the morons at SPPf bitch about their names.

Doctor Oak

Can't Touch Dis.
Reaction score
Kaiorca --> Kyogre would be a better example.

XD375

Shane
Reaction score
Why did they change it? Kaiorca makes more sense. He's not an ogre. He's an orca now, apparently. Oracas are dolphins, not whales or ogres!