• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

English DP Boxart

I guess it was one of those "let's make it easier for the kiddies to pronounce it" situations.

Personally I don't really like the placing of the logo. It just seems kinda cheap and the background is rather boring.

Um...What did you expect? It's the exact same thing as the Japanese box only with the English logo. They couldn't put the logos anywhere else on the box, or else Dialga and Palkia's faces or other "major" body part would have been covered. They placed the logos in a fine place.

Besides, does it matter? It's not like you're playing the box.

Last edited:
Whoa, they're really fast-tracking this. I didn't expect Dialga and Palkia, much less the box, until early February. Yet they still haven't revealed the names for Buoysel or Tamanta. Except to Serebii. xD

It looks like the Underground will be staying, since some people speculated that it would be cut out in the U.S. version

10 bucks on Giratina's entry is edited so Christian radicals won't go crazy!

Legendaries (aside from the birds from RBY) pretty much always keep their names. If it wasn't Dialga/Palkia, it was going to be something very similar (think Rekkuza/Rayquaza).
The Japanese name is Rayquaza as well.

Not quite, nYoo. "Rekkuuza" in Japanese corresponds to the kanji: RETSU (tear, rend), KUU (sky), and SA* (close, block) -- meaning, "one who closes the sky fissure," or something similar, et all. One only has to glance at the Japanese movie 7 poster to realise this... though I suppose you'd have to know some kanji ^^;

*pronouced "za" in this case

P.S. I'm totally O.K. with "Dialga" and "Palkia." I kinda like them, to be honest. I'm still kinda sore over "Kyogre," since it was pretty obvious (in Japanese) that Kaiooga was a pun on "sea orca." They failed to capture this in the English name, though, to be fair, "ogre" can be an ambiguous term for a boorish being. I think we can all agree that Kyogre is a pretty beastly creature, pardon the pun.

Not what he was talking about. The internal romanisation is clearly Rayquaza. You can examine either the Pokémon Colosseum or XD disc and confirm it yourself.

10 bucks on Giratina's entry is edited so Christian radicals won't go crazy!

One would think they'd have a bigger problem with the games saying God is a Pokemon.

I doubt that much will be changed, as the franchise is no longer in the "fad" stage, so no one is going to really notice.

Which brings me to this...Will people stop with the "OMG Christians are going to go nuts" crap? They haven't sice early G/S times. I'm just starting to think that some of you WANT Christians to say something, so you can find something else to fault Christians for. :/

I'm Christian and i personally i see nothing worth making a huge fuss over..
but then again I'm Baptist (I'm being specific) and from what ive seen so far we tend to take things a bit lighter than oh lets say catholic extremists who feel music is evil in general.

Any idea (when/where) it (will be/is) possible to see pics of the cartridge itself, as i haven't found any yet. Not even the Japanese release. Maybe i'm looking in the wrong places..

I saw them somewhere, and they are just like every other DS card. No different colors this time.

I saw them somewhere, and they are just like every other DS card. No different colors this time.

Yup, the only thing shiny on them is the label, which is kinda annoying. I was always able to distinquish games just by looking at them. Maybe with the third installment we'll see a change to that.

What? No fancy colors this time? Aww, that's the part of charm I loved in buying the main line of Pokemon games; their unique color that distinguishes them from everything else. I'm sure there's still a slim chance of a colored generation. Pearl (assuming it's like a milky white color) would go great in a white DS lite.

but then again I'm Baptist (I'm being specific) and from what ive seen so far we tend to take things a bit lighter than oh lets say catholic extremists who feel music is evil in general.

I'm going to stick this in spoilers only because I don't want this to wildly stray too far off topic.

Now I'm a Catholic and from general experience, I've seen a lot more tolerance in terms of the way things are in main stream society. As far as extremists go I couldn't be too sure, but I've hardly seen any extremists around me to begin with and I'm almost certain that Catholics don't think of all music as evil. Please don't think I'm trying to admonish you or anything like that, and maybe you really didn't imply all music too, I just want to clear any dispositions before people place judgment.

Hey, piss off, Baptists can be just as obnoxious. Moving right along:

BOO!!!! That is lame!

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom