• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

English DP Boxart

GrnMarvl14

Lying
Reaction score
I nearly went crazy when I found this, only to have it disappear before I could link to it (the whole "I know something, but no one will believe me" mentality).

pYxSdPa8arSKb8ZlYXP4ay07vfjQE6LM.jpg

ATE5SljowI5FF9BQtIIV4vVl6Zs1wYhA.jpg

FINALLY people will shut up about whether the English version has Wi-Fi or not.

As for where I got these...Nintendo.com is the answer.

!!!

Where?! Details plz! I can't find them.

Why would anyone think they're wouldn't be Wifi?

That's cool how they're off to the side like that. ^^ Although Diamond looks much better than Pearl.

Where did I find them on Nintendo.com? The product pages for the games. I check them every so often, looking for English screenshots. This is just as good.

Those could easily be, and probably are, temporary boxart images. It does give some more support to the US release having WiFi, but I don't see any reason to doubt that anyway.
I honestly think they will be changed before the release, something about the way the Pokemon logo is placed and the size of it looks really unprofessional.

The Pearl uber still looks like it's made out of peppermints. Come on, Pokemon artists.

Those could easily be, and probably are, temporary boxart images. It does give some more support to the US release having WiFi, but I don't see any reason to doubt that anyway.
I honestly think they will be changed before the release, something about the way the Pokemon logo is placed and the size of it looks really unprofessional.

I certainly hope you're right about that; these really look cheap compared to the Japanese boxart. Then again, I also think the current Pokémon logo is beyond overdue for replacement, or at the very least a facelift. I mean, it can't be that hard to even just recolor the logo for each version, can it?

Well, enough complaining...at least we can now rest assured that Nintendo wasn't stupid enough to take out what is perhaps the games' biggest selling point...

I don't know why anyone believed that Wi-Fi would be removed in the first place. Every Wi-Fi enabled DS title that has seen a US release has kept it's features, why would it be any diffrent for Diamond and Pearl?

These box arts do look tentative, so hopefully the actual boxes will look much better.

Seriously, it would be a lot of work to take it out. Nintendo would only be waisting moey.I don't remember where I first heard this, but I do remember it being one of the stupidest things I've heard recently. (I'm assuming it sprouted out of the UK announcement on stopping importers and influenced by the idea of Pokemon Crystal.)

Pokemon.com's D/P section was updated and also has this boxart. Dialga and Palkia are revealed to keep their names and so does the Poketch.

Pokemon.com's D/P section was updated and also has this boxart. Dialga and Palkia are revealed to keep their names and so does the Poketch.
The Poketch keeps its name? So kids can easily figure out how to pronounce that, but not Shinoh? Ugh.

I believe "Sinnoh" is one of the ways to pronounce "Shinoh" so besides the spelling, there isn't really any change there.

I'm more surprised that they didn't at least change the spellings of Dialga and Palkia, especially considering the pronunciations.

Legendaries (aside from the birds from RBY) pretty much always keep their names. If it wasn't Dialga/Palkia, it was going to be something very similar (think Rekkuza/Rayquaza).
The Japanese name is Rayquaza as well.

I wonder why, on Pokemon.com's DP page, they say "are they trying to recruit Professor Nanakamado?" instead of Prof. Rowan.

Probably a flub or summat. Maybe they're trying to confuse the kiddies :)

Also, woo at Dialga and Palkia. Now to grab some popcorn and watch the morons at SPPf bitch about their names.

Legendaries (aside from the birds from RBY) pretty much always keep their names. If it wasn't Dialga/Palkia, it was going to be something very similar (think Rekkuza/Rayquaza).

Kaiorca --> Kyogre would be a better example.

Why did they change it? Kaiorca makes more sense. He's not an ogre. He's an orca now, apparently. Oracas are dolphins, not whales or ogres!

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom