• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

English-inspired teams

AmazinglyAwkward

Reaction score
My favourite thing about a new Pokemon game is the different creatures and mechanics that can make Pokemon appear different, like Alolan forms.

I didn't have a 3DS a couple of years ago after needing to sell my original one but managed to pick up a cheap one recently and so have only recently picked up UM. And Alolan forms got me thinking - could you make a (few) team(s) based on where you live? So here's my suggestions for my lovely country...

Industrial Revolution team:-
Klingklang - pair of gears I think suits the industrial revolution motiff.
Conkeldurr - we've recently had lots of construction and housing in the UK.
Excadrill - moles are common in the UK, I think the drill bit is obvious.
Garbardor - plays into the whole pollution aspect. Could be swapped for Weezing or Muk.
Claydol/Golurk - golems are supposedly made from human hands. A bit of a stretch I know.
Diggersyby - Another stretch, but rabbits are relatively common in the countryside and those digging ears make me think of manual labour.

Nature/Indiginous "Celtic" Team -
Stantler - there's herds and herds of deer in the south of the country.
Roselia - English Red Rose. And we are a garden/flower loving country.
Ledyba or Durant - I always had ladybirds and ants in my garden growing up
Trevenant/Turtwig - goes with the whole Celtic "one with nature" philosophy, plus we have a lot of protected woodlands.
Mightyena - wolves used to be native to the Isles before they were hunted
Pignite/Mareep/Torchick/Miltank - we're a very agricultural country
Bonus - Ponyta (we have a lot of horse riders), any sea creature like Kingler or Clamperl or Spearow, Starley, Pidove or Hoot-Hoot as all the birds these Pokemon are based off are native to the UK.

English Heritage team:-
Swanna - Mute Swans have a long and storied history with the Monarchy.
Pyroar - the lion and unicorn are part of the Royal Coat of Arms
Charizard - dragons are a big of European culture in general.
Lapras - kind of cheating but I have to include Nessy!
Granbull - British Bulldog.
Herdier - slightly cheating again, but I think this guy is based of a Scottish Terrier.

Sorry for the big first post lol, I'm also not amazing at building good move pools, I usually just play to the Pokemons strengths or how their moves would work so for example Conkeldurr I'd have learn Drain Punch, Bulk Up, Knock off and say Hammer Arm with a Brave Nature, holding a Muscle Band and with the Guts Ability. Again this moveset is just off 5 minutes of searching with a basic knowledge of held items and movepools, I'm certainly no expert. Hope you guys like the idea and my Pokemon picks though!

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom