• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

English Isshu starters to be revealed Monday: Teaser on Pokémon.com announces info fo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: English Isshu starters to be revealed Monday: Teaser on Pokémon.com announces inf

I hope they do squash all fan names.

Heh, I agree. I find Smugleaf and Wotter annoying....

Re: English Isshu starters to be revealed Monday: Teaser on Pokémon.com announces inf

OMG I WONDER WHAT THEY ARE!

Well at least we don't have to say the Japanese names for the starters after this, which is always nice.

Also, in before disappointment.

Keeping Japanese names isn't unheard of (Chikorita!), and I would not mind if Pokabu's line kept relatively the same: Porkaboo, Charboo and Emboar. Before people go with "It's Enbuoh, Silly"...I know, but Emboar is similar, and an easy pun for the kiddies.

I hope Tsutarja's name reflects it's smug nature, without being smugleaf.

I'm excited and nervous.

Excited- Because they just might reveal (names) of all pre-release Pokemon so that it'll be like the Japanese Version but for the English Version.

Nervous- Because even if the names remain the same, someone will complain. I do hope complicated names like Pururiru do get renamed though, possibly even Tsutarja (since some people have problems with that). And I really hope none of the names are Smugleaf or Wotter, because those are just horrible. I just can't imagine Ash calling his female Tsutarja "Smugleaf" it just doesn't sound right. And Wotter is just way too unimaginative. Ottshell sounds better than Wotter, even if I don't really like the name, I'd still prefer it over Wotter. Though Ottsea would be my guess. But that's it, I'm not going to guess.

If they use Smugleaf for Tsutarja, I will die in happiness..... @___@

I think Tsutarja is misunderstood. It isn't so much smug, as suave and cool-headed.

....WAIT A SECOND

It's November! usually we get name reveals a few months later..usually by feb or jan

could this mean we could be getting the games early?

Well...Munchlax's english name was revealed on September 2004, so yeah...

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Names! Finally! Now I shall know their true names so I can write them in my Dea- Um... Yeah, wow, I'm excited. Monday. So far away it seems. But finally we'll get names.

HATERS GONNA HATE!

Well...Munchlax's english name was revealed on September 2004, so yeah...

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Well that's probably only because Munchlax itself was revealed really early before the games. And May in fact caught one before the DP games were released and it also was in the 7th movie.

Besides I'm pretty sure they already said it was going to be a spring release like the other Pokemon games have been. Maybe it'll be released in March instead of April, but I think they're just trying to hype up the games, before release, by revealing certain Pokemon's names. So I'd really like it if all Japanese Pre-release 5th gen Pokemon are "revealed" before the English version is released.

To all of you saying ninja =/= samurai, I watched alot of documentaries about the samurai. Every single one said that the ninja were nothing more than a specialized class of samurai. Like snipers are a class of soldier.

Now on the topics of names, I don't care what they name them.

I'll laugh if they make Mijumaru Mijumaru's name in English. It would fit with the Japanese theme Mijumaru has going on for it.

Jeeze, Pokemon.com acts like most Pokemon fans have never seen the new starters yet =|

Anyway, they should totally use Wotter for Mijumaru... because it's just too perfect.

I wouldn't mind if Mijumaru did end up as 'Wotter'. It's so horribly obvious a name, but it just works so well.

As for 'Smugleaf'? I'll be glad to see the back of that one, tbh.

Finally, no more stupid fannames~ Now, I'm only worried about little Miju. I hope they don't mess up his name. The rest are pretty much easy to name.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom