• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

English Isshu starters to be revealed Monday: Teaser on Pokémon.com announces info fo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: English Isshu starters to be revealed Monday: Teaser on Pokémon.com announces inf

I can barely pronounce mijumaru... its too japanese sounding to be kept the same in America... however, I do think that Pokabu will be kept the same.. and I have no idea what they'll decide to call tsutarja..

Re: English Isshu starters to be revealed Monday: Teaser on Pokémon.com announces inf

Can prove that a decent side of kids know much 5th gen information? Because unless we can...

Google

Pokemon Black and White

Stumble upon Serebii or Bulbapedia, or really anything.

There you go.

And I know a lot of younger kids visit Serebii A LOT. At least in my area.

But again. Google.

Why would Mijumaru be kept the same?

Because I can't think of anything that would work. And there is precedent; Chikorita was kept unchanged as you might recall.

I really think Mijumaru will be called something other than Wotter. People asscosiate otters with water anyway, right?

I can barely pronounce mijumaru... its too japanese sounding to be kept the same in America... however, I do think that Pokabu will be kept the same.. and I have no idea what they'll decide to call tsutarja..

Me-joo-mah-roo

not really that hard...

Also, Mijumaru was made with the intent of having a Japanese influence. Same with Pokabu being Chinese (fail), and Tsutaaja being European.

Because I can't think of anything that would work. And there is precedent; Chikorita was kept unchanged as you might recall.

...This is true.

and who goes to unofficial Pokemon websites
Uh, Bulbapedia? Serebii? Pokebeach? All the fansites? Let alone the day the Black/White pokedex was leaked it was spread around a lot of gaming and non gaming websites.

Rex Kamex said:
Which brings about the question... How many kids have friends with the Japanese copy of Black and/or White? Just because we know about lots of 5th gen stuff doesn't necessarily mean they do.
Was using it as an example. I don't know the numbers but I'm assuming it's still enough to garner some pre-international release info.

Rex Kamex said:
They'd never reveal ALL the Pokemon of a generation (even minus the event ones) months before the new gen games are released.
I know but I'm equating what the wait would be to such an announcement (even if it's unrealistic).

Just revealing three pokemon shouldn't take this long.

Totter, Slivy, and Spiglet?

I dunno. My vote's on Spiglet though.

-bangs head against wall-

I doubt they'll release them today, seriously doubt it.

Can someone link me to the announcement on Pokemon.com, cause I've been through their website and couldn't find squat.

Can someone link me to the announcement on Pokemon.com, cause I've been through their website and couldn't find squat.

It's on their front page, the very first thing that pops up on the rotating news wheel.

I just hope that the name of the actual animal (Pig, Otter, etc) isn't used fully in the names of these things. I thought of Piglit and Pignite but I'd rather it not have "Pig" in the name.

Me-joo-mah-roo

not really that hard...

right, not hard for the older fanbase, but what I'm saying is that my seven year old cousin would have a hard time pronouncing it... and since pokemon's intended audience are younger kids..

Also, Mijumaru was made with the intent of having a Japanese influence. Same with Pokabu being Chinese (fail), and Tsutaaja being European.
So then it are starters with Japanese, Chinese and European influences.. Although I can't see how Tustarja would have any European influence, unless people outside of Europe connect huge-eyed snakes with arms and feet and a pointy nose with Europe, but that, ofcourse, is ridiculous.

Here ya go.

And LOL at the fact everyone in this Forum is viewing this thread. XD

Also, Mijumaru was made with the intent of having a Japanese influence.

This, too.
Also, let's not get into a discussion about the influences behind these Pokemon, alright?

Explain Raikou, Suicune, and Entei then. I had a difficult time pronouncing them when Gold and Silver first came out. Also I wasn't 100% pn Gyarados until recently.

how could you miss it?

It's the first thing you see on there...
Isshu_Starters_English.png

C'mon, Nintendo. It's 4.52 PM. Give us something to work with here..

Seriously. Like I said, I doubt they'll reveal it today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom