• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

English name of...that DS puzzle game...announced

FabuVinny

May the Aura be with you.
Reaction score
You can now forget about Torouze, Trosé, or whatever other romanizations you can think up. Because the English name is... Pokémon Torozei.

Which is just blah.

Of course, it's just a respelling so that we know how to pronounce it, but it still sucks.

Torozei? Does this word even exist in the English Dictionary??? :p

*goes to check up*

EDIT: What could you expect from NOA to do? All the pokemon games are really good only in their original Japanese versions and are "recommended" to people even older then 10-12 years.
NOA just makes them look too kiddie...

Last edited:
EDIT: What could you expect from NOA to do? All the pokemon games are really good only in their original Japanese versions and are "recommended" to people even older then 10-12 years.
NOA just makes them look too kiddie...

How exactly?

The games are translated word for word from the japanese. The only difference between them are the names - and when you've got about 400 Pokemon and at least double that amount of named characters across the entire series, I think YOU'D be hard pressed to sit down and decide on anything other than a pun.

Puns aren't kiddy - hell, half the puns in the games aren't even apparent to kids at all.

And I'd hardly say it comes from the marketting - 'cause, seriously - WHAT MARKETTING?

If NOE is anything to judge by, you'll never see an ad on TV and are unlikely to see any print ads outside of a Games Mag at any rate.

NOA does nothing to 'kiddie' up the games at all. And saying that renaming a game to Torozei - which KEEPS the japanese word despite the fact it no longer means anything is making the game 'kiddie' is rediculous.

The only 'kiddie' appeal for Pokemon comes from the anime - and considering I still watch it, I'd say that it's not that dominant an appeal either.

I'm just puzzled by why they didn't keep with the Japanese name, Trozé. It's less Japanese.

I assume there was some sort of Trademark or Registered symbol after the name? Because it's kind of an odd name for an American game, and I'd think they'd just use Pokemon Puzzle again (don't see anyone stealing that trademark from them). Just...odd.

The name really stinks man, what a ugly name.

I even don't know how to prenounce it in English XD
It's very blah indeed. *throwing up*

A) I don't really see anything wrong with it. It's just the same as it was in Japanese, only changed to be written phonetically.

B) LDawg, you say it as you read it. Pokemon To(e)-Ro(w)-Zei(gh).

I fail to see what people are moaning about here.

It looks like Nintendo of Australia were almost right with Torozei... Nintendo of America has released the confirmed name of Pokemon Trozei, due out in the US around March 2006.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom