• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

English names for Iris and Dent revealed: Iris to keep her name while Dent's name cha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: English names for Iris and Dent revealed: Iris to keep her name while Dent's name

So happy Iris is keeping her name. I really didn't think they'd change it, anyway.

But...Cilan? Er...I'm gonna keep my thoughts to myself on that one.

Re: English names for Iris and Dent revealed: Iris to keep her name while Dent's name

AloeDentToothpaste_large.jpg

Aloe's married! How dare you!

lololo

But yeah, the complaints are silly right now

I really like Cilan. Wish it were pronounced Seye-lan, though, since I prefer that pronunciation over the cilan part in cilantro.

However, I will stay true to his original name since I only watch the dub to make fun of stuff, really.

Thank God Iris kept her japanese name. I did not want to get used to anything else.

As for Cilan, I think it is as good as Dent was.

Eh. I was expecting something a little more manlier for Dent. But I guess its good enough. As for Iris, glad she kept her name.

I am actually happy that the dub has actually kept Iris' original name.

So am I. I actually expected that Iris would keep her Japanese name, but 'Cilan' is a faggot name. Also, the series should've kept its original Japanese name of 'Best Wishes' because, even though the 'BW' acronym can still be used, 'Black & White' is too generic (as the title of the current anime series, not as the title of the current Generation V games).

Eh, I was pronouncing it as "Sy-Lawn". :x
Lol at people sticking with the Japanese names. You're gonna be watching the show when it comes out in English, right? Then might as well accept the new names. T_T

NEVER!!!!! I WILL NEVER ACCEPT THE FAGGOT ENGLISH NAMES!!!!!

Last edited:

Eh. I was expecting something a little more manlier for Dent. But I guess its good enough. As for Iris, glad she kept her name.

I don't know why anyone would expect anything manly from Dent.

Derek would've been better to me, but maybe his name has some relation to his 2 brothers then?

Agreed.

I can see Cilan fitting in nicely with herb-themed naming. Probably the easiest thing to do, making the theme blatantly obvious.

Cilan matches his grass affinity. I'm sure the other two will sound similar but rightly match their respective elements.

I like the name Cilan. I'm glad the dub kept Iris' original name.

I think the name Cilan has to do with herbs or plants.

Yeah, I like this name.

It suits the character.

Thanks.

Well, it's not bad at all, although Cilant would have looked better, but that's me, since I was used to Dent(o). And good thing that Iris is keeping her name. Good news indeed!

I really like Cilan's name; unlike Dent, it actually sounds rather fancy, which suits a Sommelier.

I quite liked Iris, so I'm glad that stayed the same. Cilan seems rather interesting and unique: I don't like it right now, but I hope that it grows on me over time.

I just want to know, how do you pronounce Cilan? Is it Key-lan or Si-lan?

Cilan~ 8D Cilan, Cilan! It sounds so classy, so lovely! And seeing as I love how "cilantro", "Cilan" is a perfect name for Dent! Much fancier.

As for Iris, I was hoping she would get a name change, as "Iris" sounds boring next to "Cilan" now. D8 Ah, well. Makes me wonder what Shaga will be called. Will they call him 'iris' in another language?

Ryu Shoji said:
I just want to know, how do you pronounce Cilan? Is it Key-lan or Si-lan?

Is a soft "c". D: Pronounced (or at least I pronounce it) as "sihl-ahhn". Like "sihl-ahhn-troh", minus the "troh".

Okay, thanks. Does sound fancy =3

I don't know. It just that Dent's personality made me think of a gentleman from the past. Suave, sophisticated, debonair. Guess I was wrong. *sighs*

I don't know. It just that Dent's personality made me think of a gentleman from the past. Suave, sophisticated, debonair. Guess I was wrong. *sighs*

That doesn't mean he's masculine though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom