• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

English names for Iris and Dent revealed: Iris to keep her name while Dent's name cha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: English names for Iris and Dent revealed: Iris to keep her name while Dent's name

SO were less than a month away from the Anime, but then we'll have to wait 3 WHOLE WEEKS for the games? Anyone else have a problem with that?

Re: English names for Iris and Dent revealed: Iris to keep her name while Dent's name

How long is "less than a month away" because 3 weeks is also less than a month.

I will never be able to look at cilantro the same way xD

Cilan? Well it could have been worse xP
I'm probably still gonna call him Dento though because I'm so used to that name.
But the cilan/cilantro thing fits him =)

Now is it pronounced "see-lan" (like the Spanish way to pronounce cilantro, "see-lan-tro" or "si-lan" (short I sound, like how most Americans pronounce cilantro, si-lan-tro?" I'd laugh it it was actually pronounced like "salon." XD

If they wanted to name him after some kind of herb, they should've just named him Herb. :p At least it's a real name. I'll get used to Cilan though.

Here's what I think his brothers should be called:
Poddo = Bernie ("burn" due to his Fire-type)
Koon = Dewey ("dew" due to his Water-type)

Last edited:

If they wanted to name him after some kind of herb, they should've just named him Herb. :p At least it's a real name. I'll get used to Cilan though.

Like the perv from Family Guy?

I don't watch it, so I wouldn't know.

Here's what I think his brothers should be called:
Poddo = Bernie ("burn" due to his Fire-type)
Koon = Dewey ("dew" due to his Water-type)

I think the other brothers should be named after other herbs and spices:

Pod = Cinna (From Cinnamon)
Corn = Celery or Cress (Watercress anyone?)

Not all of us live in the US.
I'm not going to be watching the English dub.

but dear Arceus, I think the Spanish names will be even worse.

Since the word 'cilantro' is of Spanish origin, I'm pretty sure he will keep that name in the Spanish dub. And because of the origin, I liked the name of course. Spanish ethymologies FTW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom