• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

English names for Iris and Dent revealed: Iris to keep her name while Dent's name cha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: English names for Iris and Dent revealed: Iris to keep her name while Dent's name

I guess that this means that the first gym leader in the games will be called Cilan too. If you choose wotter.

Re: English names for Iris and Dent revealed: Iris to keep her name while Dent's name

I'm sure Cilan is supposed to mean SOMETHING but for the life of me, I don't know.

At least Iris keeps hers, these are starting to sound like names and locations from a sub-par Fantasy novel.

Cilan? As in Cilantro? (Coriander to some).

That's actually not terrible. There might be a joke somewhere on how some people will hate the name or love it but I'm not making it.

Cilan? As in Cilantro? (Coriander to some).

That's actually not terrible. There might be a pun somewhere on how some people might hate the name or love it but I'm not making it.

I'm pretty sure it does have to do with Cilantro.

Hopefully all 3 brothers have something related to a herb.

I expected Iris to keep her name.

*Currently editing pages with Dent*

Yes Cilan is derived from Cilantro. It's good for what it is.

I am actually happy that the dub has actually kept Iris' original name.

I ... actually don't mind the name Cilan.

But I have a special connection with the name Dento. Yes, with the extra 'o' at the end. Dento is my favorite BW character.

But I like Cilan. It's not overly corny for one.

I wasn't expecting a name change for Iris.

Cilan sounds neat. What does Cilantro translate to, if it has one?

I... don't mind Cilan much. I though I would hate any name the dub gave him, but... not bad.

I was so sure Iris would become Talia or something.

Cilan certainly sounds quite fancy. I like it better than Dento in any case.

Cilian?? WHAT??? FUUUUUUU----

ok, lets get serious. Nintendo, seriously, is dat da best u can do?? Cilian sounds like a girl's name and also, its a DRUG...

Whatever, I don't care, I already like BW

Dento was already a drug.

Also we have a princess after a drug, so it's no wonder. :p

Files uploaded to Cartoon Network's website revealed that Iris will keep her Japanese name and that Dent will be known as Cilan in the English-language anime. Dent's name will most likely be changed to Cilan for the English release of Black and White
I don't get that last tag-on part. If this article is somehow doubting Cilan's name for the English-language games, why is it not doubting Iris'? If the anime crew is somehow naming them independently of the translation and localization team, then how can we be sure of Iris?

I don't get that last tag-on part. If this article is somehow doubting Cilan's name for the English-language games, why is it not doubting Iris'? If the anime crew is somehow naming them independently of the translation and localization team, then how can we be sure of Iris?

People just don't make sense sometimes.

I'm glad to see that they had enough sense to leave Iris's name alone. As for Cilan, I'm wondering what this means for Pod and Corn's English names; perhaps they'll be named after herbs as well, like Cilan comes from cilantro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom