• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

English names of four Pokémon and NPCs revealed: Fourth X and Y gameplay trailer live

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
English names of four Pokémon and NPCs revealed: Fourth X and Y gameplay trailer live

The English names of the four Pokémon and the new NPCs shown in CoroCoro have been revealed.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: English names of four Pokémon and NPCs revealed: Fourth X and Y gameplay trailer

Litleo and Scatterbug actually sound nice, IMO. Very fitting. Spewpa is a little weird to me.

And I'm glad they kept Viola! Alexa makes me think of the Web ranking index.

Re: English names of four Pokémon and NPCs revealed: Fourth X and Y gameplay trailer

Litleo is a cute name for a cute lion cub! ^^

The others are pretty alright too, but I find Flabebe to be strange. It's a flower plant, but the word "bebe" is French for baby. Just...I don't get it. o_O

Serena and Calem are the names of the player characters, eh? I like! I'm glad my look-alike was given such a pretty name! It's better than my own, so I'm going to use it. :)

I'm glad they kept Viola's name. It's kinda unusual and fairly uncommon. The last character (or even person) I've heard named that was Viola from "Zoids Chaotic Century", and the name has a nice ring to it. Also seems to fit her nicely, so I like it.

Flabebe is bit of a first. I'm not sure we've had any Pokemon previous that had an accent in their name, let alone two. Dash maybe, like Ho-Oh, and Farfetch'd sorta comes to mind, but I think the last accent I've seen in the Pokemon franchise might be the actual name itself: Pokemon. I could be wrong, as I haven't tapped into Pokemon lately, but I'm a bit too lazy to check.

Littleo sounds very cute, and quite fitting, while Scatterbug sounds rather funny. Reminds me of the term "scatterbrained", which would be funny if it was exactly that. Spewpa is a little odd, but I don't dislike it, just sounds a little strange.

The new names for the friends sound pretty good. And it's an usual combo to see a larger guy who is quite light on his feet and wants to have a dancing Pokemon team. But, hey, makes for interesting characters, so I'm not complaining. Although I do get a vibe of Battle Network from these guys, as they do remind me a bit of Lan's posse. Probably because I've been re-playing Battle Network lately, but they do give me a feel of Dex, Maylu, Yai, and possibly Chaud, but that might be just me.

Overall, nicely done and very thought-out. I'm getting more and more impressed with this gen each day.

I take a break from the internet for a few days... and the biggest reveal binge so far is... well, revealed. We even have a new type! The games are shaping up to be very good.

That red haired person is a boy? The one appearently named Trevor.

Boy or girl that character looks kinda stupid, but I find it weirder that it is a boy.

Gotta say these "rivals" have to be the least intimidating yet. Not exactly gonna feel in competition with these people...

I want a rival to be able to motivate you to give them a beating and a reason to do it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom